06. On To The Never
07. The 7th Wave
08. Within The Tomb
09. Fields Of Death
10. Deaths Drum

Staff review by
Troy Killjoy
Rating:
After the release of a seemingly neglected EP and a re-release of a cult classic from the '90s two years ago, Enthral have finally come around to releasing a new full-length album by way of Obtenebrate. Beginning with the end of the story, fans won't be disappointed.

Read more ››
published 20.04.2012 | Comments (6)

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 51 users
31.12.2011 - 04:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Legit? Fucking awesome.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.12.2011 - 04:28
Nekrokvlt
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2011 at 04:19

Legit? Fucking awesome.

Posted on their Facebook in mid-November: "It's been 8 years since the last full-length album from Enthral (not counting the 2010 mini-album Spiteful Dirges), but Obtenebrate will prove to be more than worth the wait. Joining core members Gunnhild Bratset (guitar) and Kjetil Hektoen (drums, vocals) on bass is Kai Åsvik (Whip, Virus live), and the trio have created a black monument of an album that should appear on many a Best of 2012-poll come the end of the year. Obtenebrate is like a malign force, crushing you in its wake. Clocking in at nearly 70 minutes, yet feeling like 50 it is as technically adept, imaginative and diverse at is it brutal, intense and dark. Death, black or doom metal - Enthral surpass these and more.
Having subsisted in the Norwegian black metal underground since 1995, yet never really getting past the "critics favourite" mark, it is about time people take notice of Enthral. Judging by this album anything else seems downright unlikely."
31.12.2011 - 04:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
All that sounds good... suppose I'll have to wait and see. I'll try to review it if I'm still writing when it's released.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.01.2012 - 17:11
Rating: 8
scaesura

Holy hell this sounds awesome. I hope it's as great as their previous output has been.
23.04.2012 - 23:00
Butcheer

FOR BLACK METAL !!!

Hits total: 4596 | This month: 4