Metal Storm logo
Which is the best Manowar drummer ?

01.01.2012 - 17:05
Due to Scott Columbus ' s death , Donnie Hamzik rejoined Manowar . Hamzik was the second drummer of the band after Carl Cannedy . Columbus joined Manowar in 1983 and has been their longest serving drummer . He was shortly replaced by Kenny Earl "Rhino" Edwards . I think Columbus ( R.I.P.) was Manowar ' s best drummer although Rhino is way faster and heavier . What you think ?
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
01.01.2012 - 17:08
Scott Columbus was not only the best Manowar drummer but also one of the best metal drummers
----
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
01.01.2012 - 17:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
That who's drummong in other side
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.01.2012 - 17:51
Written by Bad English on 01.01.2012 at 17:37

that's right . He's drumming in Vahlhalla
----
01.01.2012 - 17:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infernal Eternal on 01.01.2012 at 17:51

I doubt he's in Valhalla, he might pic up sexy valkiry when cross the rainbowbridge or
he's doing chicks and drink booze
I doubt odin be happy he will send him in Loki kingdom to make some test since he did not die in battlefield
----

apos;'
[image]
01.01.2012 - 18:25
Written by Bad English on 01.01.2012 at 17:53

Written by Infernal Eternal on 01.01.2012 at 17:51

I doubt he's in Valhalla, he might pic up sexy valkiry when cross the rainbowbridge or
he's doing chicks and drink booze
I doubt odin be happy he will send him in Loki kingdom to make some test since he did not die in battlefield

He died at his battle with cancer .
----
01.01.2012 - 18:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its not a swords steal or arrow
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2012 - 18:32
Written by Bad English on 01.01.2012 at 18:37

Its not a swords steal or arrow

I suppose you're right . I switch to Greek mythology . He was the son of Zeus by a Nymph
----
20.01.2012 - 01:05
RavenKing
Scott Columbus was a mediocre drummer. His drum tracks are very easy to play and there is absolutely nothing technical.
He barely played a few fills here and there.
One of the most boring metal drummer you can imagine.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
20.01.2012 - 10:51
vezzy
Stallmanite
I don't know... who doesn't wear provocative leather outfits for Playgirl magazines?

But I agree with Raven. I really don't have a fave Manowar drummer, but I do have a least favorite Manowar bassist.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.01.2012 - 18:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I agree with Raven that Columbus was extremely overrated as a drummer. Then again I wouldn't call him bad, just nothing that special.

However, Hamzik and Rhino are/were both far superior drummers. Hamzik has a very groovy style on the first Manowar album (check out the song "Metal Daze") and Rhino was much more technical (on the last track in the Achilles epic there's 3 minutes of constant double bass drums). I'd say Rhino is the best, though he too isn't anything that special, I'd say he is above average.
21.01.2012 - 00:48
RavenKing
Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2012 at 18:48

I agree with Raven that Columbus was extremely overrated as a drummer. Then again I wouldn't call him bad, just nothing that special.

However, Hamzik and Rhino are/were both far superior drummers. Hamzik has a very groovy style on the first Manowar album (check out the song "Metal Daze") and Rhino was much more technical (on the last track in the Achilles epic there's 3 minutes of constant double bass drums). I'd say Rhino is the best, though he too isn't anything that special, I'd say he is above average.

Scott Colombus was good at what he was doing but he played a very outdated, basic, mediocre kind of drumming.
There was absolutely nothing complex, technical or physically demanding in what he did.

There is a huge difference between traditional Heavy Metal and genres like Thrash, Death or Black when it comes to drumming.
The more extreme genres are on a totally different level when it comes to drums. And even for traditional Heavy Metal, Scott's playing was simple and basic.

Rhino is a much better drummer, indeed. Though not on the level of the best extreme metal drummers.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.01.2012 - 12:57
Written by RavenKing on 21.01.2012 at 00:48

Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2012 at 18:48

Scott Colombus was good at what he was doing but he played a very outdated, basic, mediocre kind of drumming.
There was absolutely nothing complex, technical or physically demanding in what he did.

There is a huge difference between traditional Heavy Metal and genres like Thrash, Death or Black when it comes to drumming.
The more extreme genres are on a totally different level when it comes to drums. And even for traditional Heavy Metal, Scott's playing was simple and basic.

Rhino is a much better drummer, indeed. Though not on the level of the best extreme metal drummers.

I have to agree . Most Black Metal drummers are better than Columbus .
----
15.03.2012 - 19:32
Quote:
Though not on the level of the best extreme metal drummers.

Well, I doubt he could play even a small part of a BM song.
----