Metal Storm logo
Chimaira - Album Details For Upcoming Album

Chimaira is currently in the studio with producer Jason Suecof (Trivuim, God Forbid) recording their fourth album titled "Resurrection" at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida .

Last week producer Andy Sneap (Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage) recorded drum tracks for "Resurrection" in Cleveland with original Chimaira drummer Andols Herrick who is now back (in Chimaira) by popular demand; Andy Sneap will be mixing the album once it is completed. Expect to see this recording in stores Spring 2007 on Ferret Records.

Vocalist Mark Hunter explains, "This is our fourth album and we as a band, are collectively and for the first time ever, in synch and in a 'positive' new headspace; we are all really excited about the new material."

"Resurrection" features 13 songs; of which two of those songs will be added as bonus tracks for a special limited edition simultaneous worldwide release; plus, an added bonus documentary of 'the making of Resurrection' directed by Todd Bell. Todd directed Chimaira's last DVD and at last fans can expect the loose ends from their (DVD The Dehumanizing Process) to be tied together with this special bonus release.

In matching the new Chimaira material which is like the musical equivalent of a sledgehammer to the face; the band announces that their cover art will be done by legendary artist Paul Booth.

Source: chimaira.com
Posted: 17.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 0 users
17.10.2006 - 20:14
Baz Anderson

the old drummer back by popular demand???
popular demand??

the best thing about the last album was the drums!!
thats what made it for me..

ill still give this new album a listen though, ive known Chimaira a long time and like pretty much all their stuff
19.10.2006 - 05:44
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I agree with Baz. The drums are what made the s/t so good. How could Andols be back by popular demand over Kevin Talley? Talley is one of the best drummers ever! His style is awesome. I'll likely give this release a listen though.
20.10.2006 - 07:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Since Andy Sneap is recording it, $20 says that the triggers are gonna sound like shit.

I'm eager to hear it though because their last album was good.

Hits total: 2179 | This month: 8