Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - New Song Online

"A Rose For Epona", a new track from Swiss folk metallers Eluveitie is now streaming online.

Another new song, entitled "Meet The Enemy", can be streamed here.

"A Rose For Epona" and "Meet The Enemy" comes off the band's upcoming album Helvetios, due out on February 10th, 2012 (Europe) and February 28th, 2012 (North America) through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: eluveitie.ch
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 05.01.2012 by Sjuk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 197 users
05.01.2012 - 14:35
tirim4
Very catchy but more pop metal then folk metal. If that's the path this band has chosen so be it but it's such a shame as they really had something good going on with the folk metal. Still it's a good catchy song but I can't help to feell a little sad...
05.01.2012 - 15:00
WorpeX
Made of Metal
WOW. Way better then Meet the Enemy. Great track!

Edit: Pop Metal? wtf? I don't see it, sorry. I don't understand why people just automatically say, "oh hey its pop metal!" when they hear a female lead.
05.01.2012 - 15:00
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
First "Meet the enemy" and now this? I'm really starting to worry about this album...anyway we still got 15 more songs to go! probably 2 or 3 instrumentals and hope the rest is better than this one...
05.01.2012 - 15:09
mariano
Doesn't sound like pop metal to me, although it has fewer flute solos than previous albums. Nice song anyway...
05.01.2012 - 15:24
Fred
Written by WorpeX on 05.01.2012 at 15:00

WOW. Way better then Meet the Enemy. Great track!

Edit: Pop Metal? wtf? I don't see it, sorry. I don't understand why people just automatically say, "oh hey its pop metal!" when they hear a female lead.

Can't agree with you more.
----
Fred
05.01.2012 - 16:09
hadriel
Zzzzz. Incredibly boring, not impressed with the direction of this band at all.
05.01.2012 - 16:17
moe5512
Catchy but not what i want from Eluveitie, in fact I'm losing interest for the band more and more
05.01.2012 - 18:44
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Quite standard symphonic metal in this song at least, the lead vocals sound good Of course, as expected there had to be some totally unnecessary male grunts added that kill the softness of the song, but if symphonic metal with folk & alternative elements layered in ends up being the majority of the album, I'm in
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
05.01.2012 - 19:06
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sounds better than 'Meet the Enemy' for me, probably due to more folk elements. Although the female vocals sound a bit pop-ish. Reminds of modern Within Temptation.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
05.01.2012 - 20:40
Magatouve
Account deleted
This is for sure very poppish, and it sucks for sure too. I already saw this band three times live, but I don't feel like I wanna see them again if the rest of the album equally sucks.
05.01.2012 - 21:27
WorpeX
Made of Metal
The day pop starts to sound like this: Flute Solos, Complex Vocals, Crunching guitars and Growls is the day I start to listen to pop. This sounds nothing like the shit I hear on the radio: Generic lyrics, Rapping, Auto-Tune singers, Electronic instruments...
05.01.2012 - 21:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I'd rather listen to radio pop than this. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.01.2012 - 22:09
FrozenJoy
Written by WorpeX on 05.01.2012 at 21:27

The day pop starts to sound like this: Flute Solos, Complex Vocals, Crunching guitars and Growls is the day I start to listen to pop. This sounds nothing like the shit I hear on the radio: Generic lyrics, Rapping, Auto-Tune singers, Electronic instruments...

THIS! But don't bother dude, there are tr00 metalheads that will call anything pop just cuz it's female fronted, with melodic singing ... It's nowhere near modern radio-friendly pop... And it's not a bad song (not at all, it's damn catchy and well sung), it's just that I feel like Eluveitie is slowly losing that awesome melodeath-folk combination that they put out so well in Spirit and Slania, nowadays the folk elements seem kinda forced into the mixed...

And, am I the ONLY one that thinks the folky introduction sounds like an exact copy of Blood Stain Child's Metropolice? Seriously, it sounds almost identical D:
05.01.2012 - 22:30
ruffio
I wanted to like this... but it didnt happen. Made me want to listen to Spirit though for some quality catchy folk metal.
05.01.2012 - 22:34
Vombatus
Potorro
I don't know where people got the idea that poppish metal needs female vocals... Look Sonata Arctica for example. Lots of their songs have a "pop"vibe, and so does this (and NOT coz it's a chick thats singing... just like an overall feeling).

Straight to the point: This sucks.
05.01.2012 - 23:02
RiouxMax
Written by FrozenJoy on 05.01.2012 at 22:09

And, am I the ONLY one that thinks the folky introduction sounds like an exact copy of Blood Stain Child's Metropolice? Seriously, it sounds almost identical D:

That's because it's based on the same traditional tune, and there's nothing bad about that.

Gave French people the same twitch to the ear when Eluveitie came out with Inis Mona, as the tune used in the chorus was also used ~10 years before by some French celtic rap/pop band "Manau", in a song that got pretty popular back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRqSrPTPv8

Or to anybody that knew the traditional Breton folk song Tri Martolod.
05.01.2012 - 23:47
wodka popinski
Account deleted
Yet another fantastic song! love it
06.01.2012 - 00:02
Kivenkantaja
Written by ruffio on 05.01.2012 at 22:30

I wanted to like this... but it didnt happen. Made me want to listen to Spirit though for some quality catchy folk metal.

My thoughts exactly... all it accomplished was making me want to go back to the good Eluveitie ^_^
06.01.2012 - 10:05
VloRD
Fine, it doesn't have a pop structure, but it definitely has a very simple song structure that just refuses to go anywhere. The only thing which works for this song is that its catchy (like a pop song ).
----
06.01.2012 - 10:15
wodka popinski
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.01.2012 at 21:42

I'd rather listen to radio pop than this. :/

Sometime on the 10th of this month get in a tub, light some candles and chant ~What was done was done Be it now undone By the light of the full moon's wane Cleanse my soul of taint and stain Let now my hurtful spell reverse And lift from me this vicious curse As I enter now this sacred space Return my spirit to it's grace~ My son, you may thus rid yourself of this cruel world of badass heavy metal music.
06.01.2012 - 19:43
Swamphell
Awesome ,,,am waiting the whole album
07.01.2012 - 17:13
boo-boo
Sounds like Within Temptation to me...it is no that not bad, I just did not expect such transformation...
----
World won't end today - it's already tomorrow in Australia.
07.01.2012 - 19:15
Ernis
狼獾
Sounds like Within Temptation indeed, with a touch of In Flames. Then again, they always had a Gothenburg element. This song is catchy but I've heard better ones by them. I always preferred their Gaulish language songs and references to antiquity. This track is radio friendly but I hope the new album is going to be versatile and good.
09.01.2012 - 08:06
Uller
It sounds like Zelda is singing this one

BTW I really liked this one
----
15.01.2012 - 23:32
SymphAlchemist
I loved this song! Very emotional, beautiful and sad. It just lacks a little of folk. But it would give a good videoclip.

Hits total: 4224 | This month: 5