Metal Storm logo
Soilwork

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 12:33
One of the best gothenburg style bands ever in my opinion, despite their last album which although wasn't that bad, certainly was their weakest.

I totally dig Speed as a vocalist, his clean vocals are sublime (especially on the later work) and his screams are very much above average. The groovy riffs are catchy as hell and overrall the songwriting is brilliant.

I do prefer their more melodic stuff ala, 'A Predators Portrait' through to 'Figure Number Five' but 'Natural Born Chaos' for me is their masterpiece.
08.01.2008 - 02:04
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 01:14

Im sick of hearing about this band. They arent that good but yet some people seem to think they are.

that would be called invidualism. more specifically, a personal opinion. the funny thing about opinions is everyone has one, including you. the other funny thing is that not everyone's opinion is the same as yours. the not so funny thing is deciding when to turn a negative comment into a criticism rather than a downright offensive one, or simply refraining from posting at all.
08.01.2008 - 03:37
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.01.2008 at 02:04

Im sick of hearing about this band. They arent that good but yet some people seem to think they are.

that would be called invidualism. more specifically, a personal opinion. the funny thing about opinions is everyone has one, including you. the other funny thing is that not everyone's opinion is the same as yours. the not so funny thing is deciding when to turn a negative comment into a criticism rather than a downright offensive one, or simply refraining from posting at all.

Sorry you like bands that are as deep as a little kids pool. I wasn't just stating an opinion but the opinion of someone who doesn't listen to stuff that a person with a 4 year old's mind could create in a week.
08.01.2008 - 03:48
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 03:37

Sorry you like bands that are as deep as a little kids pool. I wasn't just stating an opinion but the opinion of someone who doesn't listen to stuff that a person with a 4 year old's mind could create in a week.

an opinion is a statement with a solid, educated explanation, not something like "they aren't good". beside that, you obviously lack a general respect toward everyone else here that likes this band.

..a person with a 4 year old's mind could create in a week? this coming from someone that likes susperia?

no wonder most people hate americans. thanks.
08.01.2008 - 03:56
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.01.2008 at 03:48

an opinion is a statement with a solid, educated explanation, not something like "they aren't good". beside that, you obviously lack a general respect toward everyone else here that likes this band.

..a person with a 4 year old's mind could create in a week? this coming from someone that likes susperia?

Well that my friend is individualism because you hating americans is an opinion
08.01.2008 - 04:02
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 03:56

umm, i AM american. i was referring to why everyone else hates americans, because kids like you bring that "i hate everything" attitude without clarifying why. typical.

and i'm done with this debate. you clearly don't know how to justify your claims.
08.01.2008 - 04:13
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.01.2008 at 04:02

Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 03:56

umm, i AM american. i was referring to why everyone else hates americans, because kids like you bring that "i hate everything" attitude without clarifying why. typical.

and i'm done with this debate. you clearly don't know how to justify your claims.

Well i did explain why i dislike Soilwork, because a 4 year old could write the music and they are as shallow as every other "Melodic Death" band out today
08.01.2008 - 04:27
b0000mst1ck
okay. four year old this, four year old that. that's a real convincing, and shallow, opinion coming from someone that like susperia. honestly.

you may think soilwork is terrible, which is your right. nonetheless, you could've phrased what you said a little more respectively in an attempt to not offend other members on this site.
08.01.2008 - 04:30
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.01.2008 at 04:27

okay. four year old this, four year old that. that's a real convincing, and shallow, opinion coming from someone that like susperia. honestly.

you may think soilwork is terrible, which is your right. nonetheless, you could've phrased what you said a little more respectively in an attempt to not offend other members on this site.

It offends you that someone with otherwise a good taste in music likes a band like Soilwork
08.01.2008 - 05:29
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 04:30

It offends you that someone with otherwise a good taste in music likes a band like Soilwork

i never said you offended me. it's hard to do that, and you probably never will considering the lack of intelligence i've noticed in all of your posts. i said you made an offensive comment, and probably offended several people in doing so. if you don't like a band then post why, by all means. but the least you could do is not comment on their fans, who happen to outnumber the fans of your beloved susperia 5 to 1.

to be honest, i haven't liked soilwork since before figure number five came out. i think their songwriting dropped significantly since nu-metal started having an influence on them, as well as many other bands. so once again, i took no offense.

i'm simply trying to get you to look at both sides and have a little respect for the other members on this site. there's nothing wrong with stating an opinion when you do it carefully.
08.01.2008 - 06:37
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.01.2008 at 05:29

Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 04:30

i never said you offended me. it's hard to do that, and you probably never will considering the lack of intelligence i've noticed in all of your posts. i said you made an offensive comment, and probably offended several people in doing so. if you don't like a band then post why, by all means. but the least you could do is not comment on their fans, who happen to outnumber the fans of your beloved susperia 5 to 1.

to be honest, i haven't liked soilwork since before figure number five came out. i think their songwriting dropped significantly since nu-metal started having an influence on them, as well as many other bands. so once again, i took no offense.

i'm simply trying to get you to look at both sides and have a little respect for the other members on this site. there's nothing wrong with stating an opinion when you do it carefully.

Ok i understand what you are trying to say about respecting other peoples opinions in music but im kind of past this point in our debate because im talking to you and nobody else. Since you brought up bands fans then does that mean Britney Spears is better because she has more fans then lets say Frozen Glare
08.01.2008 - 06:52
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 06:37

Ok i understand what you are trying to say about respecting other peoples opinions in music but im kind of past this point in our debate because im talking to you and nobody else. Since you brought up bands fans then does that mean Britney Spears is better because she has more fans then lets say Frozen Glare

absolutely not. i don't even consider her an artist because she does nothing when it comes to writing her own songs. all she does is sing the words that are written for her. in fact, this is totally different. when it comes to britney spears she's signed to a major record label. when you sign a lucrative record deal like she did (lack of talent aside) she got the proper exposure to push her into the fame she now has. which, by the way, i love keeping up on her downward spiral. cracks me UP. digressing...i highly doubt frozen glare would ever be signed to a major label, in fact i'd guarantee they'd be signed to an independent one instead.

if you're comparing soilwork to susperia, they're both on independent labels. what that means is the labels focus on promoting the bands (advertisements, etc) as opposed to shoving a ton of money in their faces and saying "congratulations, you'll be on MTV for this and you'll be famous, all while you get to sit back and do nothing". when a band is signed to an indy label it's completely up to them to make their own fans through albums. tours, self-promotion, and all the hard work that comes with it. with someone like britney spears, or anyone else on a major label, they have the opportunity to be more popular without all the work that should be involved.

i guess what i'm trying to say is both soilwork and susperia both had the chance to decide their own fate. i'm not sure why soilwork is more popular because i can't read the minds of however many fans they have, but in the end that's how it is.

either way, my bad about getting all up in your shit. i probably shouldn't have, but i'm the kind of person that tends to stick up for anyone that's being put down for no reason.
08.01.2008 - 07:06
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.01.2008 at 06:52

Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 06:37

absolutely not. i don't even consider her an artist because she does nothing when it comes to writing her own songs. all she does is sing the words that are written for her. in fact, this is totally different. when it comes to britney spears she's signed to a major record label. when you sign a lucrative record deal like she did (lack of talent aside) she got the proper exposure to push her into the fame she now has. which, by the way, i love keeping up on her downward spiral. cracks me UP. digressing...i highly doubt frozen glare would ever be signed to a major label, in fact i'd guarantee they'd be signed to an independent one instead.

if you're comparing soilwork to susperia, they're both on independent labels. what that means is the labels focus on promoting the bands (advertisements, etc) as opposed to shoving a ton of money in their faces and saying "congratulations, you'll be on MTV for this and you'll be famous, all while you get to sit back and do nothing". when a band is signed to an indy label it's completely up to them to make their own fans through albums. tours, self-promotion, and all the hard work that comes with it. with someone like britney spears, or anyone else on a major label, they have the opportunity to be more popular without all the work that should be involved.

i guess what i'm trying to say is both soilwork and susperia both had the chance to decide their own fate. i'm not sure why soilwork is more popular because i can't read the minds of however many fans they have, but in the end that's how it is.

either way, my bad about getting all up in your shit. i probably shouldn't have, but i'm the kind of person that tends to stick up for anyone that's being put down for no reason.

Thats totally cool man and i totally understand why you would stick up for other people because i would do the same thing if it was abotu a band that i like so i think im ready to stop this debate. Id say its time for a truce. How about you?
08.01.2008 - 07:36
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 07:06

Thats totally cool man and i totally understand why you would stick up for other people because i would do the same thing if it was abotu a band that i like so i think im ready to stop this debate. Id say its time for a truce. How about you?

as most americans would say...

word.
09.01.2008 - 17:03
Slinx
Account deleted
Just started listening to metal and Strid's voice is a good transition from hard / classic rock and pop vocals to the more extreme vocals. From what I've heard so far, probably one of the few metal vocalists that could make it on his own as a singer.

Don't care much for his screams / growls as they seem to detract from the music for me.

I like what they do, but it seems like the last few albums (I admit that I've downloaded 5+ from each) seem to be just clones of each other and each song follows the same path, though my favorite is Natural Born Chaos.
09.01.2008 - 18:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 17:03

Just started listening to metal

Hey, welcome to the wonderful world of Metal then! Please stay here on MS! It would be awesome to see your taste in Metal develop... which it will, especially when you're here at MS and find new bands all the time!
----
09.01.2008 - 22:06
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted

i was referring to why everyone else hates americans, because kids like you bring that "i hate everything" attitude without clarifying why.

actually, we (the rest of the world) hate america because your entire history is build upon war, corruption and bloodshed, AND, your government and your patriotic brainless wankers are even proud of it. i know it's off-topic, but i just had to say this.

and as for soilwork, i totally agree with deadset61.
09.01.2008 - 22:24
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 22:06

i was referring to why everyone else hates americans, because kids like you bring that "i hate everything" attitude without clarifying why.

actually, we (the rest of the world) hate america because your entire history is build upon war, corruption and bloodshed, AND, your government and your patriotic brainless wankers are even proud of it. i know it's off-topic, but i just had to say this.

well, just because our government is built on war and corruption doesn't mean all of us are proud of it. even though my country's military is in the middle east for no good fucking reason what-so-ever doesn't mean i support it. to add on to that, i don't support death preceding a compromise, either. in fact, it's partially your fault for thinking every single person that lives here agrees with what this government does. just because it's a democracy doesn't mean we all have a say in what happens. if we did bush wouldn't have been in office at all, this war never would've happened, and we wouldn't be like a bully in a classroom of nations. what you hate is a perception of americans. fortunately, we don't all fit into that mold you've all created, so you're hating people you don't even know.

the way i see it is like this: don't blame ME for something i have no control over. just because i'm in the US now doesn't mean i chose to be here in the first place, or that i support anything this government chooses to do. i was born and raised here, just like you probably were with switzerland. however, if immigrating to another country was easier than it actually is i would've been gone a VERY long time ago.

let me be very clear here. I DESPISE BEING AN AMERICAN. honestly, i'm embarassed by it. because of exactly what you said. BUT, assuming that 300+ million people agree with what our government does, or embodies what you see on TV, is extremely close-minded on your part.
09.01.2008 - 22:33
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 09.01.2008 at 22:24

well, just because our government is built on war and corruption doesn't mean all of us are proud of it. even though my country's military is in the middle east for no good fucking reason what-so-ever doesn't mean i support it. to add on to that, i don't support death preceding a compromise, either. in fact, it's partially your fault for thinking every single person that lives here agrees with what this government does. just because it's a democracy doesn't mean we all have a say in what happens. if we did bush wouldn't have been in office at all, this war never would've happened, and we wouldn't be like a bully in a classroom of nations. what you hate is a perception of americans. fortunately, we don't all fit into that mold you've all created, so you're hating people you don't even know.

the way i see it is like this: don't blame ME for something i have no control over. just because i'm in the US now doesn't mean i chose to be here in the first place, or that i support anything this government chooses to do. i was born and raised here, just like you probably were with switzerland. however, if immigrating to another country was easier than it actually is i would've been gone a VERY long time ago.

let me be very clear here. I DESPISE BEING AN AMERICAN. honestly, i'm embarassed by it. because of exactly what you said. BUT, assuming that 300+ million people agree with what our government does, or embodies what you see on TV, is extremely close-minded on your part.

i said, we, or i, hate america, i didn't talk about the people. i never claimed that you're an american patriot and i never blamed you for being an american craphead, that's why i said your government and your patriotic brainless wankers.

so let me be very clear, i'm not a racist or fascist who hates americans because they're american, i coudln't care less from which country someone is. i hate the american government, i hate the republican shitheads and every american patriot. but please, let's not discuss about such things in this thread, ok? thx.
09.01.2008 - 23:24
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 22:33

Written by b0000mst1ck on 09.01.2008 at 22:24

i said, we, or i, hate america, i didn't talk about the people. i never claimed that you're an american patriot and i never blamed you for being an american craphead, that's why i said your government and your patriotic brainless wankers.

so let me be very clear, i'm not a racist or fascist who hates americans because they're american, i coudln't care less from which country someone is. i hate the american government, i hate the republican shitheads and every american patriot. but please, let's not discuss about such things in this thread, ok? thx.

than i misconstrued what you said. sorry. and if you didn't want to go off-topic you should've avoided it in the first place.
10.01.2008 - 05:21
deadset61
Account deleted

right on about soilwork man
15.01.2008 - 08:38
Ill Info Liquid
Account deleted
What Up...Im a newbie to the site, but never to metal...

I just wanna say...Yea, Their Skill is not nearly as good as other bands out there ya know...But they had amazing minds to make and create such inhumane hooks that got into peoples heads ya know...The shits catchy and Speed Isn't too band ov a singer...I like'em but not enough to buy alot ov their shit...

Plus the old guitarist...another Ola name I think...Ys know before the blond headed guy they have on the new album....I read that he put alot into the music they wrote...and lyrics...but that could've been their downfall for a loss of fans but it coulde be a plus too I guess.....I endure the old shit personally...but I like the new stuff to as well...but not as much....

Eh, What do I know....
15.01.2008 - 09:26
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 15.01.2008 at 08:38

What Up...Im a newbie to the site, but never to metal...

I just wanna say...Yea, Their Skill is not nearly as good as other bands out there ya know...But they had amazing minds to make and create such inhumane hooks that got into peoples heads ya know...The shits catchy and Speed Isn't too band ov a singer...I like'em but not enough to buy alot ov their shit...

Plus the old guitarist...another Ola name I think...Ys know before the blond headed guy they have on the new album....I read that he put alot into the music they wrote...and lyrics...but that could've been their downfall for a loss of fans but it coulde be a plus too I guess.....I endure the old shit personally...but I like the new stuff to as well...but not as much....

Eh, What do I know....

i agree with you pretty much 100%. although i enjoy any album from a predator's portrait and back, their new stuff is still okay once in a while. and the guitarist you're talking about is peter wichers. he left in 2005 but is on stabbing the drama. ola is still in the band.
15.01.2008 - 09:37
Ill Info Liquid
Account deleted
Thanks for Agreeing brom ...

Yea....That was his name...I couldn't remember for shit...lol...and I could Have Looked It Up...lol...Preciate Man....
15.01.2008 - 16:20
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
David Priest of OnTrackMagazine.com has uploaded a new video interview with drummer Dirk Verbeuren. You can watch the 15-minute clip at this location.
02.03.2008 - 17:56
MadSlayer
i think first three albums are the best, great riffs,solos,drums.. excellent work they've made.. but other albums are boring and sucks
06.03.2008 - 07:58
NOИ
great band, probably the best out there in the Gothenburg / melo-Death Metal sound, together with Dark Tranquillity. I liked the Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos albums and the last one was also amazing! my favourite track is Song Of The Damned from the second one.
06.03.2008 - 10:57
FOOCK Nam
Natural Born Chaos is a masterpiece. Other stuff like Figure Number Five is good but in different way to Natural Born Chaos IMO
07.03.2008 - 23:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Well I'm mostly familiar with "The Chainheart Machine" and it is very good in my opinion. It has the kind of melodic sound and good riffs overall. It reminds me of old In Flames, even the vocals.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.03.2008 - 01:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by BloodTears on 07.03.2008 at 23:14

Well I'm mostly familiar with "The Chainheart Machine" and it is very good in my opinion. It has the kind of melodic sound and good riffs overall. It reminds me of old In Flames, even the vocals.

Yeah, that is an amazing album - easily their best. Their other releases are just retarded. Well, A Predator's Portrait is alright at least, but the others are painful for me to hear.
08.03.2008 - 10:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Dangerboner on 08.03.2008 at 01:12

Written by BloodTears on 07.03.2008 at 23:14

Yeah, that is an amazing album - easily their best. Their other releases are just retarded. Well, A Predator's Portrait is alright at least, but the others are painful for me to hear.

I got A Predator's Portrait yesterday, it had a good review here, I hope I like it. Its just alright you said? Lets hope its not painful for me
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram