Metal Storm logo
Boring songs from Iron Maiden?

12.01.2012 - 00:23
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Ok, here's the favorite band from any metalhead! Even the best bands has weak points before the eyes of someone. Let's discuss about songs from Iron Maiden that we find "boring". For me, "Wildest Dreams", "Chilhood's End", "The Apparation" and "Invaders" are quite boring songs. What about your guys?
12.01.2012 - 00:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Everything after Seventh Son.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.01.2012 - 00:41
@gent_-_orange
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.01.2012 at 00:25

Throw in half of Somewhere in time, But to be fair I think all of the classic Maiden albums include some filler anyway (with the exception of the first two).
12.01.2012 - 00:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only boring from IM are all nlast album + Number and Daughter song others are awesome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.01.2012 - 00:48
Southern Wind
Account deleted
There would be a lot to choose starting from the "Fear of the Dark" album, but the last two releases win the prize for being entirely boring....
12.01.2012 - 00:55
RavenKing

+1
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
12.01.2012 - 01:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Almost all of their latest album, most of X Factor and Virtual XI, everything on Fear aside of course from the title track, all of No Prayer, the songs "Quest for Fire", "Women in Uniform"... and that's pretty much it imo.
12.01.2012 - 01:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 12.01.2012 at 01:03

Almost all of their latest album, most of X Factor and Virtual XI, everything on Fear aside of course from the title track, all of No Prayer, the songs "Quest for Fire", "Women in Uniform"... and that's pretty much it imo.

I don't think the original poster meant covers. So, Women In Uniform can be omitted from your list.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.01.2012 - 03:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter is likely it, although I don't know if hating something so much that you want to burn teh mp3 to disk just so you can throw the disk out necessarily qualifies as "boring" rather just annoying. and horrible.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.01.2012 - 03:54
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Definitely the last album. I love Iron Maiden and they have hours worth of great material, but the last album really did not do anything for me.
12.01.2012 - 03:58
JD
Account deleted

Everything

+1

Well at least for me.
12.01.2012 - 04:24
Mattybu
Pretty much agree with Troy. Every Maiden album after SSoaSS has plenty of boring songs to choose from, with Brave New World probably having the least, which was kind of enjoyable but brought down by... Some boring songs
12.01.2012 - 04:30
Void Eater
Account deleted
Gangland (more like GAYland amirite?) is a pretty boring song. Boring verse, boring choruses, solo that does nothing to renew interest, and is just an extremely average song from an extremely above average band.
12.01.2012 - 04:34
Ghostdancer
Afraid to Shoot Strangers...Weekend Warrior...Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter...The Prophecy...The Clairvoyant...and quite a few others...especially the newer stuff.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
12.01.2012 - 06:08
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok well last two albums are completely boring, then Dance of death is for the most part boring, Brave is alright at some moments... but not most. Virtual is total crap, and X factor would've been better recorded with Bruce, really but still not that amazing. Fear of the dark has great moments, but lots of fillers. No prayer, I like for the majority. The rest, yes there's some fillers but most songs are great
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.01.2012 - 06:45
spirit_inblack
harshhead
All the albums have at least one non-boring moment, but the most boring albums (because I don't want to list songs) are Killers, pretty much everything in the 90's, and the last two albums.
12.01.2012 - 06:52
Tormentor666
You can pick any from their latest album.

Dance of Death is also a boring album to me, especially Paschendale.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.01.2012 - 08:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
I still don't get why people don't like No Prayer and Fear ?? explain please
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.01.2012 - 10:20
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Ghostdancer on 12.01.2012 at 04:34

Afraid to Shoot Strangers...Weekend Warrior...Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter...The Prophecy...The Clairvoyant...and quite a few others...especially the newer stuff.

The Clairvoyant? Surely not! That's one of my favourite IM tracks

As for boring tracks their last album was crammed full of them.
12.01.2012 - 11:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Running Free, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Quest for Fire, Sun and Steel, Heaven Can Wait, Can I Play With Madness, Holy Smoke, Fear is the Key, Chains of Misery, The Apparition, Weekend Warrior, Fear of the Dark, The Angel and the Gambler and El Dorado.

Not saying this means that these songs are bad, many of them are great (but yeah, some are pretty bad... *cough*The Apparition*cough*). But boring and somewhat disliked by me for two reasons. Being a huge Maiden fan I'm so tired of people saying "I'm gonna see Maiden live, hope they play Run to the Hills and Fear of the Dark! Huh? What's 'Still Life'? The opening band?" and I have also pretty much listened to much to these songs (thanks 11 year old Warman!).

Classic Iron Maiden stuff? No thanks. Underestimated Maiden stuff which the band never plays live for example? Hell yes.

I'm such a poser.
----
12.01.2012 - 12:23
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Ummm, dudes, if you're gonna say "everything"/"everything after 1990/1980-something", I'll count you in people who are ruining the thread. We're not here to discuss how you're so objective and critical by hating the guts of some Iron Maiden era/albums, cause most of us are, but to discuss which songs in particular you find boring.

I'd go with Daughter. I never liked it and do not get why people like it.
----
7.0 means the album is good
12.01.2012 - 14:55
malaikat
"Infinite Dreams" from BNW. Seriously, no matter how much I'he tried, that song just bores me to tears. I'm not say I don't like their longer, slower songs, but this one I almost hate.

And I'm with what Mora said. This isn't a thread about Maiden discography and what do people think of it - it's Metalstorm, ofcourse everyone will be so predictable as to hate everything after the '80s - it's about boring songs. The title gives it away.
12.01.2012 - 16:32
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted

I disagree with you, except for "Bring your daughter to the slaughter". The other songs are quite good, especially "Afraid To Shoot Strangers"...
12.01.2012 - 16:38
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 12.01.2012 at 08:01

I still don't get why people don't like No Prayer and Fear ?? explain please

No prayer for the dying: I don't know.

Fear of the dark: The album sound totally different from the other releases, even from "No Prayer For The Dying". But that's not a problem for me. This album got me into Iron Maiden and I love it (except "The Apparation", perhaps the worst song from Iron Maiden...)
12.01.2012 - 16:42
Oaken
Hipster
The Prophecy and No Prayer Of The Dying album are quite boring. Not bad, but they make you feel really bored the first time you try them.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
12.01.2012 - 16:54

Interesting how tastes differ... Afraid to Shoot Strangers is my absolute favorite. I love No Prayer Of The Dying too (the song). When I think of boring ones, The Angel And The Gambler comes into my mind - it's approximately 10 minutes too long
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
12.01.2012 - 17:28
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by malaikat on 12.01.2012 at 14:55

"Infinite Dreams" from BNW. Seriously, no matter how much I'he tried, that song just bores me to tears. I'm not say I don't like their longer, slower songs, but this one I almost hate.

And I'm with what Mora said. This isn't a thread about Maiden discography and what do people think of it - it's Metalstorm, ofcourse everyone will be so predictable as to hate everything after the '80s - it's about boring songs. The title gives it away.

But, but, the dream is true!!
Just kidding, you can hate whatever the fuck you want.
And seriously, we've all been discussing what particular albums and eras of Iron Maiden we love/hate since, well, forever. Nothing new to add there.
----
7.0 means the album is good
12.01.2012 - 23:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Milena on 12.01.2012 at 12:23
We're not here to discuss how you're so objective and critical by hating the guts of some Iron Maiden era/albums, cause most of us are, but to discuss which songs in particular you find boring.

I wanted to be witty and copy/paste every song released after Seventh Son but it would take too long and I don't care about this thread enough to waste that much time.

But I still stand by my statement. Literally every single individual song post-Seventh Son is utterly boring to me.

/ruins thread
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.01.2012 - 23:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.01.2012 at 23:03

Written by Milena on 12.01.2012 at 12:23
We're not here to discuss how you're so objective and critical by hating the guts of some Iron Maiden era/albums, cause most of us are, but to discuss which songs in particular you find boring.

I wanted to be witty and copy/paste every song released after Seventh Son but it would take too long and I don't care about this thread enough to waste that much time.

But I still stand by my statement. Literally every single individual song post-Seventh Son is utterly boring to me.

/ruins thread

-_- You make me sad Troy, I don't know if its actual sadness or total desperation
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.01.2012 - 23:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by malaikat on 12.01.2012 at 14:55

I think you mean "Dream Of Mirrors"... "Infinite Dreams" is on 7th Son, not BNW.