Metal Storm logo
Metal Evolution Documentary/Series

Original post

Posted by tea[m]ster, 15.01.2012 - 06:31
Anyone check out the Metal Evolution series on VH1Classic? Sam Dunn does an excellent job...
01.02.2012 - 02:04
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I saw the power metal episode yesterday; well done (I still dislike this genre, the exceptions are minor )

Joey DeMaio refused to talk with Sam. What a douchebag!
12.02.2012 - 13:10
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Anyone seen the progressive metal episode?
----
7.0 means the album is good
14.02.2012 - 03:26
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Written by Milena on 12.02.2012 at 13:10

I did, of course! King Crimson and Genesis are credited as being the forefathers of the genre. From what I gathered the two most important albums in the genre are 2112 and Operation:Mindcrime. Of course Dream Theater was given a token mention!
----
rekt
14.02.2012 - 03:29
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.02.2012 at 03:26

Written by Milena on 12.02.2012 at 13:10

I did, of course! King Crimson and Genesis are credited as being the forefathers of the genre. From what I gathered the two most important albums in the genre are 2112 and Operation:Mindcrime. Of course Dream Theater was given a token mention!

I have not seen it yet either
17.02.2012 - 22:10
Sentinel65
Great show, I hope it goes for another season.
18.02.2012 - 18:15
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Finally saw the progressive metal episode, I liked it a lot.
19.02.2012 - 21:50
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Sam Dunn has really made a name for himself: Rush, Iron Maiden, Headbangers Journey, and now this series.
----
rekt
25.10.2012 - 22:25
Pugnix
Http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/120kmd/im_sam_dunn_directorproducer_of_metal_a/

finally. Was submitted one day ago.
For those not familiar with reddit:
AMA means ask me anything.
I hope he doesnt fuck up the extreme metal episode
26.10.2012 - 10:36
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
The show finished here a week or two ago. A good doco, although he did seem to treat the audience like idiots in sevral episodes.
Apart from the last three, all the styles discussed were in chronological order. If there's a second series, I hope he does black and symphonic.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
30.12.2012 - 11:39
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Looking forward to the "Extreme Metal" episode. Hope Sam gets enough donations!
----
rekt
30.12.2012 - 15:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by tea[m]ster on 20.01.2012 at 04:05

Sam Dunn is a very straight forward - old school metaller. Anything he doesn't like (glam, Nu, grunge) he questions if it belongs in the halls of metal; If it's worthy...

Nu metal is the problem I have with Sam Dunn. He goes on about how he dislikes the genre (fine, so do I), but he's a Slipknot fan and were they even featured in that episode? Weren't they in the "shock rock" episode? So to me he's all like: "Oh, I hate nu metal, but Slipknot's cool, so they can't be nu. They gotta be... um... shock rock, of course!".
----
03.01.2013 - 09:43
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Havnt seen this new series i better check it out..... however i liked Headbangers Journey documentary great stuff
21.01.2013 - 03:53
squidrick420
Sam does an excelent job with some genres, and a decent job at others. I would like to see a black metal episode made, in the original documentary he did not do a good job at accurately depicting the genre. He focused on the satanic aspect and almost nothing else, and i think he is the only person alive to make Gaahl from Gorgoroth the spokesman of the genre. It would be nice if he focused on the roots based on rebellion against commercial death metal, and less on the media things like satan, church burning, sucicides, and ect.
04.05.2014 - 23:02
ANGEL REAPER
So they finally made "the lost episode" on extreme metal ...and its free to download it from their site which is cool
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.05.2014 - 00:03
no one
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 04.05.2014 at 23:02

So they finally made "the lost episode" on extreme metal ...and its free to download it from their site which is cool

could you post us a link?
05.05.2014 - 00:36
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 05.05.2014 at 00:03

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 04.05.2014 at 23:02

could you post us a link?

sure

here it is
http://bundles.bittorrent.com/bundles/extrememetal
(note to moderators ,staff and admins : the link provided here is entirely legal as stated by material's owners ,no copyright infringement and freely to download ! )
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.05.2014 - 00:41
no one
Account deleted
Chuurr
05.05.2014 - 00:45
ANGEL REAPER
Only thing it lacked in this episode was more Bathory and better coverage of some scenes ..otherwise ok episode i guess
----
12.05.2014 - 07:00
Jtbmetal123
Its such a great series and it so detailed in each genre. I really hope they make another season and very much more in the future.
12.05.2014 - 15:28
raveneffect
Its almost impossible to talk about everything with such limited time. I dont think Gojira should be getting the highlight and Opeth only an honorable mention.
27.03.2020 - 16:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just find out this one

The Eternal

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.03.2020 - 23:58
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff
Written by Bad English on 27.03.2020 at 16:29

I just find out this one

The Eternal

Are you very sure that this has anything to do with the "Metal Evolution series on VH1Classic" (discontinued in 2014)?
----
signatures = SPAM
28.03.2020 - 08:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 27.03.2020 at 23:58

Written by Bad English on 27.03.2020 at 16:29

I just find out this one

The Eternal

Are you very sure that this has anything to do with the "Metal Evolution series on VH1Classic" (discontinued in 2014)?

NO but i cant find metal documentsty place anymore
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing