03. No More Life
04. I Can't Believe in Nothing
05. My Mirror
06. Ripped Inside
07. Lover
08. Demons
09. Always Faithful
10. My Own Creed

Wow. This is just so uninspiring I have no idea what to write for this review. No, the music is not awesomely bad, it's just impressively uninteresting. Imagine some poopy, er, poppy metalcore, but with more pop than core. Add some nu and modern Gothenburg elements to the mix. And some more 'aggressive' pop. The final product is this borefest called May I Sin?. Hey, I'm not the only one to feel uninspired by it, even the promo sheet was, being verbose and all, in the end saying nothing of interest. And I fear I might just end like this, so I'll make it short.

Has this album got a good point? Yep, at least one: the slick and clean production fits perfectly with the music. Oh, and the songwriting isn't bad, as far as poppy 'metal' is concerned anyway; the musicians deliver a correct performance, nothing mind-blowing here. In the end, the McDonalds logo they used on the backcover (turned sideways so that it looks like a 'E' - what a rebellious symbol) shows precisely what this May I Sin? is: fast-food music. It's just like Twilight, really. Some people might want to 'frighten' themselves with pseudo-vampire stories, Erase are for those who would do the same with pseudo aggressive music, with a few grunts and riffs - even if, I have to admit, there's at least one crunchy enough on "Always Faithful".

If you would ever want to listen to some harmless stuff that could sound evil - but certainly isn't - to pre-teen around you, "May I Sin?" might be your pick. Otherwise, I guess you'll be fine avoiding it.

Rating: do you really need one?

Written on 16.01.2012 by Once your regular Hellfest reporter, now retired. I (strangely enough) listen to a lot of metal. And enjoy good beers, comics, novels and role-playing games.

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 31   Visited by: 355 users
18.01.2012 - 08:52
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.01.2012 at 03:51

So is anyone going to bother listening to this? Or are we all just talking about tits and Photoshop.

Seems like they already made their choice
And you can't blame them considering what the review says about the album.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 5713 | This month: 15