01. Summertime Blues [Eddie Cochran cover]
02. Heart Full Of Soul [The Yardbirds cover]
03. For What It's Worth [Buffalo Springfield cover]
04. The Seeker [The Who cover]
05. Mr. Soul [Buffalo Springfield cover]
06. Seven And Seven Is [Love cover]
07. Shapes Of Things [The Yardbirds cover]
08. Crossroads [Cream cover]

Feedback is the first EP from one of the most influential bands in rock history. This album is actually a cover album; Rush didn't just try to imitate but gave to the performed tracks the touch of Rush. The band decided in this EP to pay tribute to bands such as The Who, Cream or The Yardbirds for example.

In my opinion Rush were able to transform this 2004 release in something really worth having for anyone that is a rock fan. Usually cover albums aren't anything special, most of the bands aren't able to put their own personality in the album. Rush were able to transport the feeling of the original bands, combining it with their own style. The album starts with a cover song from The Who. All the elements that made Rush such an amazing band are present in the entire album, mixing the melody, great voice parts as well as exquisite instrumental parts.

Feedback doesn't get boring, the album length is actually quite short with fewer than 30 minutes. It's very quick and pleasant to listen to. It's not very common to listen to Rush perform songs from another band, usually it's the other way around. Everyone that enjoys the style of this amazing band will certainly enjoy this EP. Great guitar parts from one of the most iconic guitar players of all time, Alex Lifeson. Artistic drum parts from Neil Peart, the best drummer in the world for decades, most of the drum parts in this record are better than the originals. The bass and voice of the awesome Geddy Lee make every rock fan beg for more. In my opinion the tracks in this EP are even better than the originals, with all due respect to the original songs.

Rush had the ability to pay tribute to great names of rock. It's not everyday that this band performs tracks from other bands, so it's a great opportunity to add this EP to your personal collection. Every Rush fan will definitely enjoy this cover album. In my opinion it's one of the greatest cover albums in the last few decades.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by AndMetalForAll | 20.01.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 34 users
20.01.2012 - 14:32
Rating: 8
AndMetalForAll
kual21
PS: Summertime Blues is my favourite song in this album, i forgot to mention...

greets,
AndMetalForAll
----
greets,
kual21

Hits total: 4405 | This month: 6