Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Protests Against Shows In Poland

According to bialystok.gazeta.pl, a series of religious protests against the Behemoth's Phoenix Rising Tour in Poland have taken place in several cities. One live show scheduled for late this month is already cancelled, while the rest of the tour is now being questioned because of the heavy protests of the religious organizations.

In an open letter addressed to the mayor of Białystok, the band's frotman Nergal is called "scandalist and hostile to Christianity". Opponents to the concert say that in Białystok, which is also called ''the city of mercy'', this kind of event should not be allowed to happen, and that they will attend to stop any other similar event in the future. Some of them have also addressed the President Tadeusz Truskolaski himself, asking him to ''launch any available instrument of power'' if necessary. However, the president stated that the concert is held without the participation of the city and that the state has no rights to intervene because of a private initiative. Organizers of the concert criticized the protests by saying that nobody in their right mind would protest against any variety of art.

As a reminder, Nergal has been previously charged for a Bible bashing during a live show in Gdynia in September 2007. He reportedly called the Catholic Church "the most murderous cult on the planet" and tore up the copy of the Bible onstage. This event has instantly called a ''promotion of Satanism'' by the head of the All-Polish Committee for Defence Against Sects and the band got sued.

Source: bialystok.gazeta.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 21.01.2012 by bokimaniac

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 57   Visited by: 419 users
21.01.2012 - 13:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sacfrifiece this band in name of internet piracy but Poland seems shit hole gourement in EU whot worst gourement , I dont read anything about this in other lands
Cops busted Jaga spokesmen, football fans has beeen brutaly represed ... funny how Poland critisize Belarossia where Lukasenko is , own gourement .... city of Mercy kibice will say something KIBOL
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.01.2012 - 13:44
Paz
elite
I live in a weird country...

GO ZAWISZA!
21.01.2012 - 13:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Paz on 21.01.2012 at 13:44

I live in a weird country...

GO ZAWISZA!

only thiunk what yout gourement do god is critizse Rus and wanna justice and recognise ussr crimes globe wide, otherwise they is shit
Its not 80's anymore,
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2012 - 13:58
serega25
Nergal is a great antichristian troll !!!;D But religious protests against the Behemoth's Phoenix Rising Tour is I think, some polish сatholic prists are hiden fans of Behemoth and they simple didnt like last album (albums)...;D;D;D;D;D;D;D
21.01.2012 - 14:07
Oriax
Written by serega25 on 21.01.2012 at 13:58

I think, some polish сatholic prists are hiden fans of Behemoth and they simple didnt like last album (albums)...;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

Hahaha yea they are all holyier than thou in public, but when they get home they turn BRUTAL and all blast Slaves Shall Serve
21.01.2012 - 14:21
Shaytaan666
It seems that Poland is turning out to be the "new" holy city of the Christians

I would suggest that Vatican should be moved to Poland
21.01.2012 - 14:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Shaytaan666 on 21.01.2012 at 14:21

It seems that Poland is turning out to be the "new" holy city of the Christians

LOL I think pope be freezing there thats why its in Italy there is warmer
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2012 - 15:02
BloodFireDeath
Good music should not have to suffer the wrath of morons.
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
21.01.2012 - 15:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Haha, incidentally I have quite a few friends in Byalistok, I'm not even a fan of the band but I'd attend their show just to protest this shit.
21.01.2012 - 15:24
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
"However, the president stated that the concert is held without the participation of the city and that the state has no rights to intervene because of a private initiative."

Shouldn't that just be common sense? Apparently not to some of these right wing nuts...
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
21.01.2012 - 15:41
Nemmeth
Really? I had thought Poland had become less catholic/religous over the course of years, but I guess there will always be overfanatical religious idiots out there... Reading this makes me angry, and a bit thankful that I wasn't raised in my mother country. I don't even listen to Behemoth, but just give us a freaking break. Good to know the president at least has some brains.
[/end angry rant]
21.01.2012 - 16:12
Jiri
Christians piss me off...
21.01.2012 - 16:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Absolutely ridiculous. It's like we're still living in the dark ages or something...
21.01.2012 - 16:40
Chidder
People are protesting becouse Behemoth is now a well-known band here in Poland - there are no protests before Kat & RK concert, Vesania or any other polish "satanic" band which only metalheads know. Nergal choose to date famous polish rock star (so he immediately became a celebrity), then he became a judge in music show "The Voice of Poland", so right now everyone knows him. Everyone knows (even hardcore christians) what kind of music Behemoth play, that Adam teared-up a Bible etc., etc... He should be prepered for this.
21.01.2012 - 16:50
Burebista
It is time to kick ass of those fucking shit satanists. I love what happened. Go Christians Poland!
21.01.2012 - 17:17
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
City of Mercy MY ASS! If they were so merciful they wouldn't mind a concert that brings good money and attention to the city in general
21.01.2012 - 17:33
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Censorship in the name of God? Unbeliiiiiiiiiiiiiievable. Strictly speaking, Christianity IS the most murderous cult in human history. And why would Satanism be prohibited in the first place? Ol' Lucifer is part of abrahamic mythology just like Yahwe is, and lots of religions pay tribute to malevolent deities sinc they're part of the world's equilibrium. We're in 2012. Plus, Nergal is more a thelemist than a satanist... But try to explain that to those retarded Jesusfreaks...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
21.01.2012 - 17:59
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.01.2012 at 16:25

Absolutely ridiculous. It's like we're still living in the dark ages or something...

That's my thoughts each time something like that happens.
I think that some religious zealots (and the Catholic Church on some aspects) are stuck in the Middle Ages.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
21.01.2012 - 18:11
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by MétalNoir on 21.01.2012 at 17:33

Censorship in the name of God? Unbeliiiiiiiiiiiiiievable. Strictly speaking, Christianity IS the most murderous cult in human history. And why would Satanism be prohibited in the first place? Ol' Lucifer is part of abrahamic mythology just like Yahwe is, and lots of religions pay tribute to malevolent deities sinc they're part of the world's equilibrium. We're in 2012. Plus, Nergal is more a thelemist than a satanist... But try to explain that to those retarded Jesusfreaks...

Unfortunately in Poland there is one bad thing and reason of this situation - double standards of morality in all areas of life including religion.

I personally don't like Nergal because for me he is nothing more, than clown and poseur. Most of you should be aware that if he would bash Koran during show in some Arabic country, he would be already dead.
21.01.2012 - 18:16
Rupert
Written by Burebista on 21.01.2012 at 16:50

It is time to kick ass of those fucking shit satanists. I love what happened. Go Christians Poland!

Uhhhhhhh what? No one should be praised for hindering any form of art and freedom.
21.01.2012 - 18:22
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2012 at 14:36

LOL I think pope be freezing there thats why its in Italy there is warmer

Err, not exactly. He just has a clear preference for Italian kiddies.

Written by Shaytaan666 on 21.01.2012 at 14:21

That would be absolutely wonderful. Or maybe Avignon. And why not in Greenland? Well, anywhere but here in Italy.
Btw, will this religious clowning ever end?
21.01.2012 - 18:38
zarahuztra
Don't give in to the christian society. they r spreading lies, n wanna take control over ur mind. be strong in ur faith, ur logic n ur reason.
21.01.2012 - 18:41
BreadGod
Account deleted
Like any great blasphemer of the past, the band should tell the fundies to go fuck themselves.
21.01.2012 - 18:51
garmling
Account deleted
I still admire what an brutally intelligent kind are Jews! they took writings of Essenes, which was some kind of Jewish sect at that time (and they were disgusted by their teachings, so they were hated among the rest) and they made of it a New Testament (absolutely without value for Jews which are the main protagonists in Bible?!), which is the backbone of today's Christians movements...and they succeeded in selling that crap to Roman empire, after which the empire has fallen! so, in that single act you see how self destructive is that doctrine, yet today (like here in Poland) people are so desperate in defending it at any cost?! just stop already you idiots! Christianity is the worst fraud in the history of mankind!
21.01.2012 - 19:33
Lit.
Account deleted
Come to think about it: Is it really any surprise? Poland will always be a country where you have to walk on eggshells. Never truly got over the holocaust.
21.01.2012 - 19:51
Lethean
Account deleted
This is the shit happens everyday for art in fuckin Middle East exactly in 2012, reading this just surprised me for it happened in Europe this time!ofcourse we are in dark ages still
21.01.2012 - 21:39
Mattybu
LOL, the Polish government trolls again.

Maybe it would be something to get upset over if Behemoth was a band worth seeing...
21.01.2012 - 22:13
wodka popinski
Account deleted
People honestly still believe in Christianity?
21.01.2012 - 22:23
Void Eater
Account deleted
How dare Nergal not believe in the bearded man in the sky who grants wishes!!!
21.01.2012 - 23:41
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by zarahuztra on 21.01.2012 at 18:38

Don't give in to the christian society. they r spreading lies, n wanna take control over ur mind. be strong in ur faith, ur logic n ur reason.

N ur 2 la-z to rite a complete sentence
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....

Hits total: 7448 | This month: 8