Metal Storm logo
Morgoth - To Release Live Album

Century Media press release:

Following 2011's comeback celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of their classic Cursed album by successfully appearing at prestigious festival events like Wacken, Party.San or Hellfest, Germany's seminal death metal act Morgoth are happy to commence a new, next year of activities in 2012.

Morgoth have additionally confirmed to be currently working on their career's first-ever live-release, which is being mixed in Sweden right now by Dan Swanö at Unisound Studio (Opeth, Dissection, Bloodbath, etc.). An international release date is expected for the summer of 2012 via Century Media Records.

The band checked in commenting on their current activity as follows: "The 'Cursed' Anniversary festivals 2011 have been an awesome experience for our fans and us! And that's why we've decided to continue with Morgoth and some more cool festivals in Germany as well as also in other countries in 2012."

"We are also very happy to announce that we are right now in the middle of the production process of our very first live album/DVD and expect to release it before the summer. We have listened to the first audio mixes already and it sounds very, very heavy! We are very pleased that we could get Dan Swanö on board for this project and he is doing an incredible job! See you at one of the coming shows..."

Dan Swanö added the following words to enhance his collaboration with Morgoth: "22 years ago I proudly wore a Morgoth t-shirt on the group-photo for the first Edge Of Sanity album. Any metal-head knows that for the really important photos, you only wear what you truly worship! Sometime during the mix-sessions of the live-material I had to pinch my arm to make sure I wasn't dreaming! It's always a great vibe when something in your life comes 'full circle' and this is one of those moments for me!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Morgoth
Posted: 21.01.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 11 users
22.01.2012 - 01:20
Darkside Momo
Retired
I hope some tracks will be taken from the HF show... Even if I don't really believe it'll happen...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 2991 | This month: 6