Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - New DVD Trailer Online

UK NWOBHM pioneers Iron Maiden have posted on their official website the trailer for the band's upcoming DVD, En Vivo, which hits stores on March 26th. You can watch it below. More details about the DVD were previously reported here.

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 23.01.2012 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 165 users
23.01.2012 - 22:05
Icy
Account deleted
This year a dvd, next year a new collection then a new crappy album and so on.
23.01.2012 - 22:35
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.01.2012 at 22:05

Next compilation will probably come around in 2014. They've been releasing comps every 3 years since 1999.
23.01.2012 - 22:46
marcha2510
EDWARD THE HEAD
Can't wait for the new crappy album and new crappy tour!

I'm not crazy about the compilations though, so they can stop doing those. UP THE IRONS!
----
EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL DEAD!
23.01.2012 - 23:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
LOS DE ABAJO - LA BARA IRON MAIDEN ..... how many people wa sthere 100 000 and BTW flairs was used also , like in football U de Chile, Colo Colo , U de Chatolica fans united in concert
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.01.2012 - 00:35
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Written by Guest on 23.01.2012 at 22:35

Written by Guest on 23.01.2012 at 22:05

Next compilation will probably come around in 2014. They've been releasing comps every 3 years since 1999.

Since 1996! (Best of the Beast)
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
24.01.2012 - 01:28
ChampionOfPower

At some point the money grab is just too much. I've got their studio albums and Rock In Rio DVD, I'm good.
24.01.2012 - 05:23
NLthrasher

They just offer it, they don't force you to buy it. So, if you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that, I don't see any reason to complain...
24.01.2012 - 10:26
Milena
gloom cookie
But I can't help being sick every time someone mentions the word "trailer". Except for the word "teaser", which is even worse.
----
7.0 means the album is good
24.01.2012 - 12:13
Storchillarn

They continue to release compilations because they know there are fans out there who can't stand the thought of not owning EVERYTHING they put out. Simple marketing; they exploit the fact that human beings are irrational (read: idiots). As for the live albums, I think Bruce or Steve has mentioned that the reason for releasing, basically, one per tour is so that the fans won't have to hunt down low-quality bootlegs which don't do the performances justice. Yeah right. =)
24.01.2012 - 14:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
You people should know that it's not the band members themselves who release compilations in most cases. When the label is owned by them (like in Manowar's case) sure, they have full control over what they release, but in Maiden or Priest's case the record label is the one who releases all this kinda crap.

However DVD's I have no problem with. Maiden have always been an intense live experience, and even on this trailer you can clearly see that songs like the first two from their last album don't sound all that bad. I would save my money for the Rock in Rio DVD though, that one is hands down Maiden's best performance ever caught on tape imo.
24.01.2012 - 19:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Milena on 24.01.2012 at 10:26

Except for the word "teaser", which is even worse.

Thankfully, MS staff has now stopped accepting that too.
24.01.2012 - 20:17
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Storchillarn on 24.01.2012 at 12:13

As for the live albums, I think Bruce or Steve has mentioned that the reason for releasing, basically, one per tour is so that the fans won't have to hunt down low-quality bootlegs which don't do the performances justice. Yeah right. =)

Well, that's as good as a reason can get. Why not? It's not like anyone is forcing those fans to buy it. I'd personally love if more of my favorite bands released a live album per tour or every second tour. Because you can't get a taste of a tour unless you visit a show in a tour, and that is impossible for some. And the extra money, if there is some left over, could help them get a bigger window when it comes to releasing albums and not release anything just for the sake of issuing something fresh, to keep the money flowing. I don't know if that's what Iron Maiden is doing this for, but I wouldn't mind it if more bands did.
----
7.0 means the album is good
25.01.2012 - 04:52
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
What she said.

If you ever find yourself wanting more live albums/DVDs by Maiden you won't have to wait too long, because there's one released every other month. Still, I prefer that to never releasing anything at all. This way, the fans have lots of stuff to choose from. And if you don't want a Maiden live album at all, well... you don't have to buy one.

I still wish the Maiden boys would mix up the setlist more and play some less obvious songs for a change.
25.01.2012 - 06:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Azarath on 25.01.2012 at 04:52
I still wish the Maiden boys would mix up the setlist more and play some less obvious songs for a change.

This is something I've always disliked about Maiden. They have such a huge catalogue of great songs, yet insist on playing virtually the same setlist on every tour, (aside from the new songs for the current album being promoted at the time) which is annoying. I wish they'd be more like Metallica and mix up their setlists and play some not so obvious songs for a change...
25.01.2012 - 14:25
Leonidas

Maiden will always be maiden with their so called professionalism whatever this implies
26.01.2012 - 05:37
mikeprado30

Written by Angelic Storm on 25.01.2012 at 06:42

This is something I've always disliked about Maiden. They have such a huge catalogue of great songs, yet insist on playing virtually the same setlist on every tour, (aside from the new songs for the current album being promoted at the time) which is annoying. I wish they'd be more like Metallica and mix up their setlists and play some not so obvious songs for a change...

That's my point, I don't know why Steve Harris and the rest of the band doesn't dare to do it. We miss some great songs like Stranger In A Strange Land, Still Life, Purgatory, The Prisoner, etc.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
26.01.2012 - 05:43
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.01.2012 at 06:42

Written by Azarath on 25.01.2012 at 04:52

Indeed. They have such a stunning back catalogue but I sometimes wonder if they're even aware of it. "Moonchild" was a nice little surprise on the Somewhere Back in Time tour so why not throw in stuff like "Invaders", "Quest For Fire" or "Deja-Vu"? Or do an entire live album just playing the more obscure songs. That's something I could get fairly excited about.
26.01.2012 - 05:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Azarath on 26.01.2012 at 05:43
Indeed. They have such a stunning back catalogue but I sometimes wonder if they're even aware of it. "Moonchild" was a nice little surprise on the Somewhere Back in Time tour so why not throw in stuff like "Invaders", "Quest For Fire" or "Deja-Vu"? Or do an entire live album just playing the more obscure songs. That's something I could get fairly excited about.

Either they are unaware of it, or they are too lazy to learn different songs. As the songs they currently play all the time, they could probably play in their sleep by now. "Moonchild" was a great surprise on that tour, but I wish they would do more of that, and more often. It's almost criminal to neglect such a rich and illustrious back catalogue as Maiden have, and that is exactly what they do. I dunno about hearing "Quest For Fire" live, although it would be quite a laugh, and a change from run-of-the-mill live staples like Fear Of The Dark.
29.01.2012 - 00:31
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.01.2012 at 05:54

Either they are unaware of it, or they are too lazy to learn different songs. As the songs they currently play all the time, they could probably play in their sleep by now. "Moonchild" was a great surprise on that tour, but I wish they would do more of that, and more often. It's almost criminal to neglect such a rich and illustrious back catalogue as Maiden have, and that is exactly what they do. I dunno about hearing "Quest For Fire" live, although it would be quite a laugh, and a change from run-of-the-mill live staples like Fear Of The Dark.

I actually sort of like "Quest For Fire". Sure, it's the second weakest song on its album and the lyrics are silly, but I like the instumental solo section in the middle. Like, really like it. Maybe (and quite possibly) I'm the only one. "Fear Of The Dark", though I'm quite tired of it, still works really well live. I saw Maiden last summer and that song was one of the highlights of the show. I'd still like them to drop it and those pesky NOTB singles and throw in something fresh.

Hits total: 3422 | This month: 6