Metal Storm logo
Edenbridge - Band Update, New Album Expected This Year

Austrian symphonic metallers Edenbridge have revealed that they plan to release a new album this year. Guitarist and keyboardist Lanvall checked in with the following band update: "The past year brought a big challenge and many changes for nearly all in the band, personally and professionally, so Edenbridge had to step back into the second row temporarily. Furthermore I was struck by a family tragedy through the suicide of my father, which I had to come to terms with and still have to. Moments, where nothing is as it was before."

"These events of course will have a strong impact on our forthcoming album which is scheduled for 2012. I believe that this is going to be the most intensive album of our history. 55 minutes of music and 6 lyrics are already written and I often have goose bumps listening to the songs. Furthermore I am working on the longest epic track so far, which will be between 15 to 20 minutes. So stay tuned for the album!"

"Edenbridge are confirmed for the Castle Rock Festival on July 7th, 2012, in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany! A happy new year 2012 to all our fans!"

[Also thanks to Cynic Metalhead for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Edenbridge
Posted: 25.01.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 85 users
25.01.2012 - 12:54
3rdWorld
China was a neat
That awful thing there...

"whoever made that pic really suck at <insert that photoeditor>"

- Anonymous
25.01.2012 - 13:39
mariano

A 20 minutes track... that usually ends up being boring.
25.01.2012 - 15:14
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Well it would be very interesting if they intend to do a darker album (the vibe i got anyway). I can't wait to hear it! Hopefully they tour Australia, but i very much doubt it.
25.01.2012 - 18:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Yes, something dark in their overall sound is intriguing indeed, but more importantly however it comes out, I'm more curious how Lanvall explores his experience with this recent tragedy. This would be a great year for more of their music for me as well
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
25.01.2012 - 19:44
Enissa

Cool news, looking forward to this album! Hope it gets darker than what they usually do!
26.01.2012 - 03:11
Symmachus

I want to hear that epic song; I'm into that sort of music. That suicide in the family is quite rough and unfortunate, though. Best wishes to these folks.
27.01.2012 - 20:53
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Ok, I'll wait this new album too. I have enjoyed Solitaire and My Earth Dream very much so far and soon I'll have Shine too

Hope nothing else -unfortunate- happens till the completion of the album.
----
\m/etalstor\m/

Hits total: 2898 | This month: 7