‹‹ Back to the General forum Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]
Users visited: 137  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy on 27.01.2012 at 23:38
You know what to do. Tell us your quirks, and oddities.

Page 11 of 11

BestMetalstormer

10.10.2014 at 04:29

no one

10.10.2014 at 10:19
Written by Mr. Doctor on 10.10.2014 at 01:48

Respect to you both. I tried to quit cold turkey a year ago but after 3 weeks I felt like SHIT. I never smoked so much as you though. I smoked max 5 cigarettes a day (and at parties it could be 10 tops). I decided that I wanted to stop but had to do it gradually. Nowdays I'm fine with only 2 a day. Some odd day I can go without smoking so I think the future looks bright in that sense but yeah... I can't stop right now. I need some more time to get used to only have 2 a day before I can go to one a day. Parties with alcohol involved are still the fucking worst but instead of 10 I go around 5.

Odd thing is that most people around me see it as a social thing while I much rather smoke alone. I noticed that being around people (specially those who dont smoke) is helping me a lot. Specially if the environment is relaxing enough.

it's weird the different ways people quit. it's even more weird how some people can just have two a day. I know some people who smoke a 25 pack at a party in the weekend but never smoke at any other time. I also know people who have had one or two a day for years but now are fucked on about 10 or more a day and can't stop.
I think they will get you in the end which ever way you do it, it's just a matter of time. Just yesterday a friend of my wife started coughing up blood (only 35). Was bad but at least it has made her realize it's time to give up, for some people something like that has to happen for them to open up there eyes...she had already smoked through two pregnancy's
----
hipster fag
Ernis
狼獾

10.10.2014 at 21:19
Written by Mr. Doctor on 10.10.2014 at 01:48

Written by deadone on 02.10.2014 at 09:15
I also gave up cigarettes instantly after being a 30+ smoker a day. Had one craving the day after and that was it.

Written by no one on 02.10.2014 at 09:32
Smoking was easy compared, i also gave that up cold turkey, though probably only about twenty a day.

Respect to you both. I tried to quit cold turkey a year ago but after 3 weeks I felt like SHIT. I never smoked so much as you though. I smoked max 5 cigarettes a day (and at parties it could be 10 tops). I decided that I wanted to stop but had to do it gradually. Nowdays I'm fine with only 2 a day. Some odd day I can go without smoking so I think the future looks bright in that sense but yeah... I can't stop right now. I need some more time to get used to only have 2 a day before I can go to one a day. Parties with alcohol involved are still the fucking worst but instead of 10 I go around 5.

Odd thing is that most people around me see it as a social thing while I much rather smoke alone. I noticed that being around people (specially those who dont smoke) is helping me a lot. Specially if the environment is relaxing enough.

I never made a statement about having quit. I've seen too many people shouting "I quit!" and then lighting a new fag in a matter of a few weeks... or a month, if they're lucky... peer pressure's a bad thing, by the way.

I had a block of really good dark blue Kent which I loved. There have been two brands I really love and these were dark brown Barclay and dark blue Kent.
Anyway, I read the Carr's book but didn't quit. In fact, I just couldn't because I still had this wonderful block to finish. But I knowingly tried to smoke less (in order to postpone THAT day)
Then I ran out of the packs... and I just thought I'd try not to buy a new one for a while... still remember the last smoke so far... it was last November during a night shift down at the "interrogation room" with a co-worker...
I haven't quit, no... for a long time it was "complicated" but at the moment I'm not even thinking of it and, in fact, I can't stand the smell any more. It's rather awful to have someone smoke next to you. Suddenly I realise the hell I caused to my non-smoking flatmates. They complained that the stench reached every room. And I was the jerk who told them that they were overreacting...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
no one

11.10.2014 at 00:39
Written by Ernis on 10.10.2014 at 21:19

I never made a statement about having quit. I've seen too many people shouting "I quit!" and then lighting a new fag in a matter of a few weeks... or a month, if they're lucky... peer pressure's a bad thing, by the way.

I had a block of really good dark blue Kent which I loved. There have been two brands I really love and these were dark brown Barclay and dark blue Kent.
Anyway, I read the Carr's book but didn't quit. In fact, I just couldn't because I still had this wonderful block to finish. But I knowingly tried to smoke less (in order to postpone THAT day)
Then I ran out of the packs... and I just thought I'd try not to buy a new one for a while... still remember the last smoke so far... it was last November during a night shift down at the "interrogation room" with a co-worker...
I haven't quit, no... for a long time it was "complicated" but at the moment I'm not even thinking of it and, in fact, I can't stand the smell any more. It's rather awful to have someone smoke next to you. Suddenly I realise the hell I caused to my non-smoking flatmates. They complained that the stench reached every room. And I was the jerk who told them that they were overreacting...

who said you quit ?

i know what you mean about being a jerk, i used to get angry at people who told me i couldn't smoke in there car or inside at work. Now i realize what they were on about, fucking stinks and is inconsiderate.
----
hipster fag
LordHypnos

11.10.2014 at 19:27
Written by BestMetalstormer on 10.10.2014 at 04:29

So that's how it's done, thanks. But what if I accidentally swallow the chewing gum while doing that?

Blowing up a Coke bottle with Mentos is nothing new. I've seen a similar video before, but there was no bullet.
LordHypnos

11.10.2014 at 19:53
I forgot to confess I've acquired a strange fear over the years. I have fear of looking at someone in the eyes when s/he's talking very close to me, I tend to look somewhere else. It doesn't matter who I'm talking to, it always happens. But I don't know why.

I also have fear of looking at my own image in public places. I feel discomfort whenever I see myself. I think I'm too ugly and unattractive, people would mock my face. But when I look at myself in the mirror at home, I feel nothing.
BestMetalstormer

11.10.2014 at 21:22
Written by LordHypnos on 11.10.2014 at 19:27

Written by BestMetalstormer on 10.10.2014 at 04:29

So that's how it's done, thanks. But what if I accidentally swallow the chewing gum while doing that?

Blowing up a Coke bottle with Mentos is nothing new. I've seen a similar video before, but there was no bullet.

It can be some risk, that's why I posted the video for watching out if there is anything accident if happens. The Cynic Metalhead pour the gum in coke, I don't know but like you hold the bread to the milk cup then chewing the milk wet bread, it can be different.. But if throw the gum on inside coke can, I don't know, but hope there is no risk if you eat.. As for the mentos coke wetting of course if you chew you die.. I remember internationally widespread news such one case I read from Brazil.. I bet you know it..

Edit: the second video, both I meant
BestMetalstormer

11.10.2014 at 21:29
Written by LordHypnos on 11.10.2014 at 19:53

I forgot to confess I've acquired a strange fear over the years. I have fear of looking at someone in the eyes when s/he's talking very close to me, I tend to look somewhere else. It doesn't matter who I'm talking to, it always happens. But I don't know why.

I also have fear of looking at my own image in public places. I feel discomfort whenever I see myself. I think I'm too ugly and unattractive, people would mock my face. But when I look at myself in the mirror at home, I feel nothing.

Just try to control your eyes, trying have a calm eyes then you can go anywhere, with any people.. When they look at you, you blink while they talk, still calming eyes, if they stare, you can looks other way with calming eyes to cut the attention.. It's somewhat lots of technique, but try to stay calm with calm eyes, over the years you will be very well going with it and having good confidence.. I can bet most 40 years old ppl are very good at it or they subconsciously good at it..

As for the public image stuff, just fuck public, lol..
LordHypnos

13.10.2014 at 01:02
Written by BestMetalstormer on 11.10.2014 at 21:29

Just try to control your eyes, trying have a calm eyes then you can go anywhere, with any people.. When they look at you, you blink while they talk, still calming eyes, if they stare, you can looks other way with calming eyes to cut the attention.. It's somewhat lots of technique, but try to stay calm with calm eyes, over the years you will be very well going with it and having good confidence.. I can bet most 40 years old ppl are very good at it or they subconsciously good at it..

Thanks for the advice. I think I avoid looking at them because I don't want them to notice my strabismus. It's very hard to notice, so I think I'm okay. I have glasses to correct it, but I hate it and I don't wear it.

Sometimes my eyes get aligned all of a sudden, and my vision becomes crystal clear. But when it happens, my eyes burn, so I close them immediately. Maybe there's a technique to align the eyes?
Bad English
nobody

13.10.2014 at 01:18
That I ill be last one from my generation, my bloodline, I will be last one, I will make end to curse ...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
BestMetalstormer

13.10.2014 at 06:40
Written by LordHypnos on 13.10.2014 at 01:02

Written by BestMetalstormer on 11.10.2014 at 21:29

Thanks for the advice. I think I avoid looking at them because I don't want them to notice my strabismus. It's very hard to notice, so I think I'm okay. I have goggles to correct it, but I hate goggles and I don't wear them.

Sometimes my eyes get aligned all of a sudden, and my vision becomes crystal clear. But when it happens, my eyes burn, so I close them immediately. Maybe there's a technique to align the eyes?

Sorry, I don't know, I heard of surgery, though some equipment stuff like goggles , patch as you said..I just guess if you practice eyes stuff in front of the mirror if that helps.. Sorry I don't know much, google try..

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]

Login or register to post here.