Metal Storm logo
What would people be more surprised to know about you? Pt. II

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 27.01.2012 - 23:38
You know what to do. Tell us your quirks, and oddities.
06.01.2014 - 03:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.01.2014 at 03:22

Written by Ragana on 06.01.2014 at 03:19
...but it's 3AM here.

Ain't no pizza like a 3AM pizza.

There's no chance of getting pizza at this time. Being a lazyass also is a contributing factor.

Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 03:35

We Aussies shove tomato sauce on just about anything.

I thought you put vegemite on everything...
06.01.2014 - 03:55
Mattybu
It could just be me, but I find ketchup in general to be a very, very off-putting condiment. If I go to McDonald's or something I'll eat my fries plain. But if there's ketchup on a burger it doesn't bother me as much since it's mixed in. Honestly can't remember the last time I consciously put ketchup on something though.

I will put hot sauce on just about everything though. And vinegar (which is a key component of hot sauce). Actually a weird "recipe" of mine that I eat a lot is salt & vinegar or jalapeno chips with a fairly large dose of balsamic vinegar on them. Really good but it makes my throat hurt sometimes cause I put a ton of vinegar on them. And there ends up being a little pool at the bottom to drink.
06.01.2014 - 04:06
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Mattybu on 06.01.2014 at 03:55

It could just be me, but I find ketchup in general to be a very, very off-putting condiment. If I go to McDonald's or something I'll eat my fries plain. But if there's ketchup on a burger it doesn't bother me as much since it's mixed in. Honestly can't remember the last time I consciously put ketchup on something though.

It's definitely not just you. There are very few things that I eat with ketchup... I think the childhood obsession with having ketchup on everything has kinda ruined it for me. Now it's garlic sauce and/or mayonnaise on everything, so I assume it's just a phase. Maybe two years from now I'll try that weird combination you're talking about.
06.01.2014 - 04:20
Mattybu
Written by Ragana on 06.01.2014 at 04:06

It's definitely not just you. There are very few things that I eat with ketchup... I think the childhood obsession with having ketchup on everything has kinda ruined it for me. Now it's garlic sauce and/or mayonnaise on everything, so I assume it's just a phase. Maybe two years from now I'll try that weird combination you're talking about.

Now that you mention it I did put ketchup on more stuff when I was younger. I guess as a young child you really just don't have much of a filter, little kids put everything in their mouths

Also, part of the reason I put hot sauce on everything is there's a place in San Diego that I saw on Man vs. Food that has a challenge with supposedly the hottest chicken wings in the world, and I want to try it some day. So I need to make everything really spicy to prepare myself.
06.01.2014 - 04:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Mattybu on 06.01.2014 at 04:20

Also, part of the reason I put hot sauce on everything is there's a place in San Diego that I saw on Man vs. Food that has a challenge with supposedly the hottest chicken wings in the world, and I want to try it some day. So I need to make everything really spicy to prepare myself.

Aren't you afraid it'll be just spicy without any taste? I once had pizza that was so spicy I couldn't even enjoy it. And I do like spicy things... :/
06.01.2014 - 04:52
Mattybu
Written by Ragana on 06.01.2014 at 04:32

Written by Mattybu on 06.01.2014 at 04:20

Aren't you afraid it'll be just spicy without any taste? I once had pizza that was so spicy I couldn't even enjoy it. And I do like spicy things... :/

I know that's exactly what it will be. But when you are taking on food that is that spicy you have to be able to put your fear aside for a bit. The point of it isn't to have a pleasant dining experience, haha. I have eaten plenty of food that's spicy to the point of not being enjoyable too, there's this hot sauce I had in my house for a while called "Spontaneous Combustion" and it was similar to what you described, not a whole lot of taste just pure pain. Any more than just a couple drops could get your whole mouth going, and I'm sure the sauce on the wings at this place I'm talking about is hotter.
06.01.2014 - 05:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
I honestly see no point of eating something that is not tasty, but, well, I do realize it's a challenge for you.
06.01.2014 - 05:47
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 03:27

Pizza is a meal for all times, breakfast included.

Semi-related yet completely pointless, apparently a quarter of Australians have a meat pie for breakfast.

i'm not sure where in oz you are from, but from my experience the pies there are shit compared to over here
06.01.2014 - 07:01
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 05:52

Coming from a Kiwi?

There's plenty of small bakeries where I live that do a great meat pie. Though I'm still a fan of National Pies or Phil Maney Pies.

you guys don't have enough bakerys or decent bakerys, and not enough mince and cheese pies around.
06.01.2014 - 07:07
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 07:04

Which part of Australia have you been to - the Northern Territory or something.

Sydney,Surfers,Brisbane,Melbourne and Perth
06.01.2014 - 07:15
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 07:11

Ha, you've seen more of Australia than me (I prefer to go to Europe).

Sydney is hard place to get a meal at all. I remember arriving after 2:00 p,m and even the takeaways were closing.

Melbourne's better but you have to know the areas.

You have to go out to the suburbs for a decent bakery. My local supermarket complex has 3 and there's another 2 in the area. There's also a dedicated pie place up the road!

yeah europes this years mission, apart from perth i was mostly in the cities, and probably distracted by pizza, you guys have some good pizza in those wog areas
06.01.2014 - 07:24
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 07:19

There are some good pizzas. Though the best pizzas I've had were in Croatia, which were even better than the ones in Italy.

I can't be arsed going to places like Brisbane or Perth or Adelaide - nothing there that I'd be interested in. I like history and culture and unfortunately Australia is lacking in both.

yeah i think Melbourne was the place i liked most for culture, the music scene and it's just a bit more laid back than sydney, i lived there for about three months. But at the end of the day every one and thing is pretty much the same as nz, like nz is just smaller towns of oz. Looking forward to seeing a part of the world that is really different.

...but we are more ugly and our landscapes are much more interesting
06.01.2014 - 17:29
Mercyful_Kate
I can't even begin to imagine what pizza is like on other continents. It's something that's been perfected in certain regions in the US over the last hundred years. Christ, I had a hard time adjusting from boardwalk pizza to Buffalo pizza.
06.01.2014 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 06.01.2014 at 17:29

I can't even begin to imagine what pizza is like on other continents. It's something that's been perfected in certain regions in the US over the last hundred years. Christ, I had a hard time adjusting from boardwalk pizza to Buffalo pizza.

many variations, but best I have eaten so far was in Italy ,,, damnn fresh and natural ingedians
Swe pizza is Ok but depends where you eat it , I like pizza and kebab (doner kebab, no real is avalible here on kebab places)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2014 - 19:24
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 06.01.2014 at 17:29

i want to get one of those gigantic pizzas i heard about, in new york i think, MASSIVE!
06.01.2014 - 22:48
Mercyful_Kate
On the boardwalk in Atlantic City, a regular slice of pizza is about two feet long and a foot across.
06.01.2014 - 22:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 06.01.2014 at 22:48

On the boardwalk in Atlantic City, a regular slice of pizza is about two feet long and a foot across.

another mistery since M or Cm would be better to meashure
----

apos;'
[image]
06.01.2014 - 23:00
ANGEL REAPER
Man fuck pizza...lets eat some ...burek! maybe with some beer!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.01.2014 - 23:16
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Bad English on 06.01.2014 at 22:55

Excuse my American ignorance. I meant 60cm long and 30cm across the crust.
06.01.2014 - 23:24
Mercyful_Kate
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.01.2014 at 23:00

Now that's what I'm talking about. Kachamak or moussaka would be appropriate on this nice wintry day as well.
06.01.2014 - 23:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 06.01.2014 at 23:16

Written by Bad English on 06.01.2014 at 22:55

Excuse my American ignorance. I meant 60cm long and 30cm across the crust.

our is like D 40 cm and weru thin, but we can have ''fater pizza'' if you ored
We have family pizza like Diameter 160cm , it cost dubbel so much than normal pizza
----

apos;'
[image]
06.01.2014 - 23:30
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 06.01.2014 at 23:24

Now that's what I'm talking about. Kachamak or moussaka would be appropriate on this nice wintry day as well.

Kachamak or moussaka? damn ...those are good stuff
also you were visiting Balkan,or you know people from it?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.01.2014 - 00:35
Mercyful_Kate
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.01.2014 at 23:30

I'm not from there, never been there but I was sort of "adopted" by a group of Macedonian and Serbian girls a few summers ago (they were working for the summer in Atlantic City and living in a house together down the street from me). They taught me how to make all sorts of delicious stuff. They also introduced me to the liquid crack known as Grand Kafa in the old country.
07.01.2014 - 11:43
ANGEL REAPER
Written by deadone on 07.01.2014 at 00:20

My brother had a T-shirt from your part of the world that said: "Fuck the Pepsi, fuck the pizza, all we need is gibanica."

Gibanica is a pastry and cheese dish for all of you not in the know. Very delicious.

indeed its a great stuff!
----
07.01.2014 - 11:46
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 07.01.2014 at 00:35

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.01.2014 at 23:30

I'm not from there, never been there but I was sort of "adopted" by a group of Macedonian and Serbian girls a few summers ago (they were working for the summer in Atlantic City and living in a house together down the street from me). They taught me how to make all sorts of delicious stuff. They also introduced me to the liquid crack known as Grand Kafa in the old country.

and Grand Kafa is still the weakest of them all cheep enough but good enough
----
08.08.2014 - 03:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Those as Marcel, Viggo, maybe old times as Wrat remembers I did SB talk about how I hate winter, love summer etc.... now I start hate summer
living in XXXXXX near by river , swimming every day , I never ever have get sun stroke, or what it calls, only once as child when I was left in the beach to long
I deal whit heat well, we had warm summers, maybe in grandmothers house nights was horrible since upstairs heat up ,
Now well to be honest I still can stand the heat, I don't sweat outside in the sun, I sweat only if its minus LOL (well cloths, go in bus +25¤C, go outside same only minus)
but now I like winter, snow, darkness, ice road, walks, snow scooter ... summers this we have 35 shadow, even Greece, Italy had cooler,
I need watter and I start to hate summer, I cant sleep, cant cool my room since we have 22 h sun and it means my new room from 15:00 to 23:45 litherally was warming up it was like 35 C only at 2 at night it cools off to 25, I cant sleep, I woke up wet, I am sweating and cant sleep , maybe if room would be cooler .. O yes once I get heat attack here , my head was spinning around, I puked 3 days non stop , after it I am little sceptic, now I cant sleep, it pisses me of ;( mainly why, also I cant use PC so much, its hot in the room ....and I am tired, so tired from unslepless nights
----

apos;'
[image]
08.08.2014 - 03:32
Ilham
Giant robot
I read all that post thinking there would actually be something surprising in there.

If I'm alone, I will most likely sleep with my bra on. I have pet peeves, but I don't have many idiosyncrasies I think. Well maybe the fact I have to save the best bit of each food for last, but just enough for one mouthful, and deciding what makes the cut can take a while. But I've seen other people do that. Like one person. It counts.
08.08.2014 - 03:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ilham on 08.08.2014 at 03:32

Well maybe the fact I have to save the best bit of each food for last, but just enough for mouthful, and deciding what makes the cut can take a while.

Ha! I sort of do that too.
Actually if possible I start my lunch eating what I like the less then proceed to the second worse thing on it and so on, until it remains only the meat.
Also while eating a sandwich I start with the part that has less filling and I often see myself turning the bread so that I can select the parts with less filling to eat first. Which can end up making me drop ketchup on the floor. =P
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.08.2014 - 03:56
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 08.08.2014 at 03:32

Well maybe the fact I have to save the best bit of each food for last, but just enough for one mouthful

I also do exactly that. My mom noticed because if we eat bacon on pizza I take some of it off and then put it on later on the last little segment so it has the bacon taste.
08.08.2014 - 03:56
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Karlabos on 08.08.2014 at 03:44
Ha! I sort of do that too.Actually if possible I start my lunch eating what I like the less then proceed to the second worse thing on it and so on, until it remains only the meat.
Also while eating a sandwich I start with the part that has less filling and I often see myself turning the bread so that I can select the parts with less filling to eat first. Which can end up making me drop ketchup on the floor. =P
I do exactly the same. I eat around the center if it's a burger for example. It gets slowly reduced to a smaller burger after each bite. But I have been doing this for a very long time, so I don't spill more than another person who eats "normally".

Also, I don't really like nutella. I love chocolate, I love hazelnuts, but nutella is just too sweet.

Ah yes. I can't stand the sensation of flour on my hands. Or anything too powdery. I also hate touching rubber bands. Latex is okay, but not when there's talc powder on it. Oh and I hate when I'm doing something with water, like washing the dishes, and there's a drop of water that runs up my wrist. I'll literally drop everything, go dry my wrists, and go back to the dishes. I actually have quite a few weird things to share after all.

Written by Mattybu on 08.08.2014 at 03:56
I also do exactly that. My mom noticed because if we eat bacon on pizza I take some of it off and then put it on later on the last little segment so it has the bacon taste.
Three now. I feel a bit better about that. My friends hate me because I'm a slow eater on top of that habit.