Metal Storm logo
What would people be more surprised to know about you? Pt. II

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 27.01.2012 - 23:38
You know what to do. Tell us your quirks, and oddities.
14.09.2014 - 04:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.09.2014 at 00:49

- I was a "jock" in my teenage years so I was a weirdo for listening to metal music

Same boat, got to the point where I'd listen to the usual top 5 pop songs just so I didn't look like a total weirdo haha. Most people thought it was interesting that I listened to different music, usually a good conversation starter.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.09.2014 - 06:05
Kennoth

Written by deadone on 08.08.2014 at 08:13

Don't tell anyone but I'm an opinionated, know all arsehole.

I never would have guessed.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.09.2014 - 06:11
Kennoth

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.01.2014 at 23:00

Man fuck pizza...lets eat some ...burek! maybe with some beer!

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I like to drink cocoa with burek. It's a heavenly combination.

P.S. I'm either too retarded to post an image, or this forum doesn't support it.
----
14.09.2014 - 06:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Kennoth on 14.09.2014 at 06:11
P.S. I'm either too retarded to post an image, or this forum doesn't support it.

(Fixed it for you.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.09.2014 - 06:45
Kennoth

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.09.2014 at 06:42

Written by Kennoth on 14.09.2014 at 06:11

(Fixed it for you.)

Thank you Sensei.

(btw https won't work with an image code, but http works fine, good to know)
----
14.09.2014 - 09:17
Fearmeister
Account deleted
I still sleep with stuffed animals...

._.
14.09.2014 - 10:05
no one
Account deleted
It's all coming out now
14.09.2014 - 11:58
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Guest on 14.09.2014 at 09:17

I still sleep with stuffed animals...

._.

we can say that you are in serious relationship with few fury dolls...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.09.2014 - 12:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Just remembered something interesting about me. I think (never been diagnosed) I "suffer"from simple partial seizures. I began getting them about 18 months ago, though they're very infrequent. Maybe once every couple of months or so. It begins by getting extremely strong feelings of faux deja vu / jamais vu; for example there was an occasion I was playing Half Life 2 and all of a sudden I was convinced I'd been at this point I was at before. I had of course because I'd played it before but I was convinced I'd thought about this very specific and non-interesting part of the game at a previous time, as though my mind had connected to a past memory. From here my mind starts making connections related to that memory. My mind would start jumping all over the place remembering small events associated with it. It's hard to say how long it lasts exactly, not that long, but the after effect is kind of mildly euphoric. Everything just feels nice and not quite familiar. I often just go for a walk because everything feels a bit unreal. The first time was a bit odd as i didn't know what was going on and wasn't sure if the things I was remembering had happened but now I just roll with it as it's actually pretty enjoyable. It doesn't incapacitate me or anything, I can still maintain a normal conversation (probably). There's a good quote on a page for it:

"I almost enjoy them. The feeling of déja vu, as if I've lived through this moment and I even know what's going to be said next. Everything seems brighter and more alive."

Last year at Bloodstock after drinking a fair amount (and other things I think) I went to bed. The next thing I realised I was walking around the campsite in my underwear with no memory of getting there. The only explanation I can think of is these simple / focus seizures.

The odd thing is when I was maybe about 12 or so I used to get something kind of a similar for a year or two, except it was pretty awful. Often a sudden sound like a sneeze would totally jar my mind and for a few seconds I would have no idea where I was and feel completely disoriented and exhausted for a while. I never told anyone about it as it didn't happen all that often and only seemed to happen in school. Was pretty unpleasant though. Glad that never carried on.

I don't plan on going to the doctor about this, though I will if things suddenly get worse of they become more frequent.
17.09.2014 - 13:22
Ilham
Giant robot
TL;DR.

No but seriously. I have a friend that has something similar to the ones you were getting when you were little. Dizzy, disoriented, lost, sometimes doesn't remember what happened in the last 2 minutes. They're micro-seizures that exhaust her and sometimes just make it impossible to for her to have a day without a head-ache. It's a mild form of epilepsy. I hope you don't have the same .
17.09.2014 - 13:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
A TL;DR is totally worth it when there's a me in my underpants anecdote in it

I occasionally get very weak ocular migraines but nothing like that, thankfully.
17.09.2014 - 13:42
Ilham
Giant robot
I'm wondering if that's what you meant by "wandering about" when we were talking about Temples. Maybe I should keep a t-shirt in my bag just in case you decide to go all stroke-y on us.

Oh. I snore. I have a little problem with my nose, I have to get a little operation on it. And sometimes, not often, thank god, when I laugh it just closes up and it does that horrible pig noise.
17.09.2014 - 13:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 17.09.2014 at 13:42
And sometimes, not often, thank god, when I laugh it just closes up and it does that horrible pig noise.

It´s like you are just asking for the sick-pig nickname to stay. ^^
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2014 - 13:50
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.09.2014 at 13:48

It´s like you are just asking for the sick-pig nickname to stay. ^^

If that were the only reason, I wouldn't be worried .

Tell us something special about you Rod.
17.09.2014 - 14:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I used to be a redhead. For realz, but biology made my hair darker with time. Crazy.
I think if I cut it very short some parts might still look a bit red.

Also... I was extremely hyperactive during my childhood so my mother and I were well known in different hospitals and clinics. At some point I calmed the fuck down. Thinking how I was at that age feels weird. I hate that kind of children hahahahaha.

I've been on both sides when it comes to bullying. I think I mentioned that before.

I talk alone and "rehearse" dialogues (either with people I know or someone completely artificial) almost daily. Living alone does not help.

I'm ashamed of the fact that I haven't work at all. I MUST get a summer job this year.
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2014 - 14:54
Ilham
Giant robot
Haha. I really can't imagine you being a hyperactive red-headed little brat. You seem so quiet and you couldn't be more moreno. I was quite the opposite surprisingly. I never spoke when I was a child, and my mother and people around her wondered if I had some kind of problem.

I already mentioned as well, but I was the bully-ee. Don't know if that is surprising though.
17.09.2014 - 15:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 17.09.2014 at 14:54
Haha. I really can't imagine you being a hyperactive red-headed little brat. You seem so quiet and you couldn't be more moreno. I was quite the opposite surprisingly. I never spoke when I was a child, and my mother and people around her wondered if I had some kind of problem.

Mom tells me that as a baby I was dead quiet... as in... She actually checke don me on a regular basis because I was too quiet. Same with the first years. I think it began and ended during the 5-8 years old period.

I should drop some childhood pics on FB at some point. I looked like a readhead rockstar.
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2014 - 15:07
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.09.2014 at 15:02

Mom tells me that as a baby I was dead quiet... as in... She actually checke don me on a regular basis because I was too quiet. Same with the first years. I think it began and ended during the 5-8 years old period.

I should drop some childhood pics on FB at some point. I looked like a readhead rockstar.

You should, so I can make fun of you for a new reason.
17.09.2014 - 15:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 17.09.2014 at 15:07
You should, so I can make fun of you for a new reason.

The reason probably being the fact that I looked way better back in the day. That's depressive.

Another childhood fact:
Mom wanted me to get my hearing checked. She was worried it wasn't on the normal levels.
The doc found nothing, his theory: I simply didn't pay too much attention to people at all if I was doing something alone.

Looking at it that way, yeah... It's true, still to this day.
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2014 - 15:21
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Guest on 17.09.2014 at 12:25

It begins by getting extremely strong feelings of faux deja vu / jamais vu; for example there was an occasion I was playing Half Life 2 and all of a sudden I was convinced I'd been at this point I was at before. I had of course because I'd played it before but I was convinced I'd thought about this very specific and non-interesting part of the game at a previous time, as though my mind had connected to a past memory. From here my mind starts making connections related to that memory. My mind would start jumping all over the place remembering small events associated with it.

Duuude, I have the same thing I always thought it was just my imagination. Very rarely, like 2 or 3 times a year (I do remember clearly though, hard to forget those moments). It's the same thing you described, I try to relate the present moment to a past situation or something, but I feel really strange when it happens.. like unreal (as if I already lived it in a dream or whatever).
Last 4 or 5 times it happened it was followed by some unpredicted event that starts just when the events I associate with the memory stop, and they are usual negative, so I freak out when it happens and become really cautious for the following half an hour just in case hahaha (almost like a premonition ? Weird shit)

Continuing on strange mental stuff, I have a couple of obsessive-compulsive disorders, nothing too bad for daily life but annoying non the less. I rarely have sleep paralysis episodes, not too frequent, like 2-3 times a year and damn I hate those... horrifying stuff

Other than that, people are always surprised to know I am so much into metal/related-stuff, as I tend to move around a totally different environment and people (yeah, like elitist studies and later working for "important" international organizations and blablabla... kind of place where more "alternative" people are alien haha). But I adapt easily to each situation so all fine
17.09.2014 - 16:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's a shame your experience isn't pleasant. Sounds like you must get it more intensely than I do. At least you now know you aren't going crazy or being kidnapped by aliens.

Speaking of sleep related disorders I also seem to be afflicted with a parasomnia, namely this one. It's pretty mild, though quite frequent. Probably once a week my girlfriend will tell me I woke her up touching her, but usually as far as it goes. Typically I have no memory of it though in the past when I've gone further, as it were, I've woken up and realised what I'm doing, though often I'll still be in a dream-like state and I'll think I'm doing things to someone totally foreign to who it is. It's never been an issue with any relationship I've had though, aside from getting someone excited then falling back to sleep heheh.

Needless to say I'm always hesitant to share a bed with a friend if I'm staying over at someone's house, in hotels etc.
17.09.2014 - 16:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Wow. Didn't know that kind of thing existed.
About the wiki article: Really? Excuse for rape? Just wake the guy up lol
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.09.2014 - 17:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 17.09.2014 at 16:56

^ Wow. Didn't know that kind of thing existed.
About the wiki article: Really? Excuse for rape? Just wake the guy up lol

You also get people that have died from being beaten to death by people suffering sleep terrors o.o
17.09.2014 - 17:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Damn.... Brutal stuff.

Dream related but not disorded-related:
I record my dreams. I have a little black book next to my bed. If I remember the dream once I wake up, I write it down immediately (marked with a date) before any detail escapes me. For some odd reason I tend to sign them as well. Never really understood why though, sheer habit I guess.

Any particular reasons? Not really... Just an overall fascination with dreams. Sometimes when I have trouble sleeping at night I read through the pages and it's fun to figure out if there's some meaning behind the more bizarre ones or if there's a wide connection between all of them. Some dreams are just way too cool or bizarre so they deserve to be remembered in case I can someday express them in some artistic way.

I always carry the book with me if I'm sleeping somewhere else. No chance of people discovering any weird things though. It's in spanish and most of the names are written in codes if the context of the dream is too personal. xD
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2014 - 17:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That's other rather odd habit.
I always wanted to pick notes on my dreams and/or ideas i come up with when on almost sleeping mode activated.
But since the light interruptor of my room is on the other side i would have to stand up to see what i write and it would be too much effort... So no.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
17.09.2014 - 17:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I tried keeping a dream diary when I was younger. I did it for a while but writing as soon as you wake up is hard to do, and by the time you're awake the memory's all but gone.
18.09.2014 - 09:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Funny how dreams work. This conversations made me search more info about dream diaries (it is apparently more of a thing than I expected). I t was cool to read that you can trick your subconscious by doing little thing like simply doing a little gesture of writing something for the next dream before you actually go to sleep... Thus making your subconscious help you out at remembering much better.

I tried that yesterday. I wrote the date before going to sleep and BAM, had one crazy nightmare. It was quite awesome to wake up exactly 5 minutes before my alarm so I had plenty of time to write down everything in full detail. It was still horrible though. xD
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.09.2014 - 19:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'd do that just for Deja Vu proof.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.09.2014 - 20:42
Ilham
Giant robot
Déjà vu*. Sorry, I've seen it misspelt too many times in too many posts.
18.09.2014 - 22:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Like anyone even had those weird characters on their keyboards to type correctly
----
- Reimu Hakurei