Metal Storm logo
KoRn

18.05.2006 - 13:33
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
One of the most misunderstood bands of today. Hated by almost every metaller everywhere yet they command a powerful fan base.

As far as I know they did invent Nu Metal and have managed to keep their sound fresh and original since then. Their debut self titled album is still brilliant by today's standards and is one of my all time fave albums. Perfect for that teen angst.

I strongly urge any of you neigh-sayers to open your mind and give this band a chance.
19.05.2006 - 20:09
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yepp yepp. I used to listen to them alot and now I'm doing it again! Korn is actually the only nu metal band I really love, especially their album Untouchables! To be honest, I find their music kinda frustrating, but that's totally swell with me, cause everytime I need to get loose of all my frustrations, Korn is the best way to go. And they're so much more than that, they're always original, fresh and I kinda have a crush on Jonathan Davis (he looks awesome on that concert video he wears a leather kilt!)
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.05.2006 - 07:08
Horlequism
Account deleted
Korn eh? Yah, I remember when they came out 12 years ago and I bought their first album...I loved them way back them...such an angsty 11 year old...their second album was alright...then they just started to suck...ok, Freak on a Leash and Got the Life were pretty catchy, but there's life after that
20.05.2006 - 14:22
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
@ AnGina--

'Untouchables' seems to be the one that most people hate, It's actually one of my faves too. Just incredibly atmospheric and different from all their other stuff.

Jonathan Davis is a godlike frontman, so knows what he's doing.
20.05.2006 - 18:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I don't come here to praise Korn, can't say I like them. But I don't want to discuss that right now.

I want to ask you, Velvet, how come you think Jonathan is godlike? I once read an interview with him, saying that ALL religious people are hypocrites, something which I find very narrow-minded, and I think that rants to much about his bad childhood and such.

*Please know that this is not an Hate-post, I just want to discuss that with you in a normal way. *
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2006 - 19:08
__Az__

No, Im not a fan of KoRn either... The muisc is what Im talking about... I dont like their nu metal style... and many of the songs seem to be too repetitive and similar...

I cant deny though that KoRn have been a huge influence on metal...
20.05.2006 - 20:00
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
@ Nervel

Well firstly, I didn't know he was like that as a person. I don't condone that kind of narrow mindedness at all but I did just mean as a frontman of his band and onstage. Just the way he performs and composes his music in the face of the media and his critics. I mean, I generally differentiate the music with the band members ideology and attitude. A huge amount of the bands I like are NSBM or white power, though I don't agree with it I don't let it compromise the music.

And don't worry, you make a fair point indeed
20.05.2006 - 22:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
@ Velvet, ok I see. I tend to musicians also by music, not ideologies. I have never seen them live, so can't judge that.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.05.2006 - 05:30
Bitch Boy

Actually, Korn is the only nu metal band I like. The most important for me is the fact that they're always changing their sound. I agree that there is some stuff (especially rap metal) that is crappy, but most of Korn's work sounds pretty good. Also, they've given metal scene another view. And of course can't forget their live performances, that kick ass and that are as good as any other metal concert.
21.05.2006 - 07:35
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I really love "Untouchables" also. The album has a killer sound, the arrangements are innovative and the melodies memorable. More than on any other album, you can hear synth-pop influences in the way Davis is singing... This is why I also really dig the latest album, which seems to be the logical progression after "Untouchables". "Take A Look In The Mirror" was a step backwards for me.
23.05.2006 - 10:32
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Korn were one of the first bands that i started listening to when i was 10. I have all their discography and dont mind listening to them every now and then, im not that much into them as i was as my music taste has moved away from the Nu-Metal bands. A couple of my friends that listen to Korn ABSOLUTLY HATE "Untouchables", i quite like it and enjoy the track "Alone I Break".

I think 'See You On The Other Side' is a sound that is more towards 'Untouchables' with the more consided 'experimental' sound. 'Take A Look In The Mirror', to me, seems to go back to the self titled album with both are posibly my favourites, although its hard for me to pick a favourite album as i like them all as they have different sounds on each.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
23.05.2006 - 13:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
I recently heard their latest single 'Coming Undone With It' together with Dem Franchize Boyz and it was the worst thing I've ever heard. (You can listen to the song here if you want)...
It seems like the world-famous producers of the Matrix and Jermaine Dupri have mixed Korn's latest single, "Coming Undone" and Dem Franchize Boyz' hip-hop hit "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It" together into 'Coming Undone With It' :

A few years ago I occasionally listened to Korn (Issues and Untouchables) but I never really liked them. The only song I currently still like is 'Thoughtless'.

I also saw them live two years ago. And they were loud, very loud but certainly not great...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.05.2006 - 03:42
Deus Ex Machina

Among the rare nu metal bands i like.My favorite album is Untouchables.Korn's music works for me when i need to get my frustrations out.Some songs just suck,especially the ones having more of a rap influence,but thankgod,they're nothing compared to the other great songs they have to offer.My favorite Korn songs are:Alone i break,Thoughtless,Faget,Freak on a leash,Wake up hate etc.

Written by AnGina-- on 19.05.2006 at 20:09

I kinda have a crush on Jonathan Davis (he looks awesome on that concert video he wears a leather kilt!)

yesyesyes....Jonathan Davis' hotness in that particular kilt is totally beside the point in this topic but...yesyesyes
30.05.2006 - 08:05
DEEP SILENCE
Account deleted
i got all the records o korn, actually i don´t like them since they took out issues. i think their best album is follow the leader!!! everythig befor this CD is good...
30.05.2006 - 11:16
_HIV_

i absoltly love their first two album and untouchables! korn are gr8 but they totaly fucked the last album ... i can honestly say: wat d fak?!
05.06.2006 - 18:05
malice05
Account deleted
Korn are an awesome band and one of the best live bands i have ever seen. It's a shame Head decided to leave the band to follow a life of Christ...as the band seems different now, and i enjoyed every album up to "Volume1 Greatest Hits" but now that "See You On The Other Side" it just doesnt seem right, they feel like they have lost touch, i do liek some songs on that album though, including Liar and Twisted Transistor...

cheers, Malice05
10.06.2006 - 00:07
DLMokoma
Account deleted
KoRn doesn't suck, I just don't listen to it. I hate the song Blind, but I like the song Freak on a Leash. Yet I feel that Faith No More have somehow influenced these guys, but I could be wrong.
13.06.2006 - 02:52
AntaeusM
Elite
I respect them for their influence on some metal bands, but I never really like their work. I am only familar with the older stuff and that was quite ok. The new stuff sounds too much like nu-metal.

I do remember I have heard 'Freak on a Leash' when I was young. I remember everyone of my family disliked it but I kinda like it. They at least showed what kind of music I was going to listen to in the future. But hey, I don't really see them as the first metal band I have heard.
13.06.2006 - 06:09
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I like them. Not for their musical ability [exception: Fieldy], but for their catchy songs. It's just been within the last few months that I'm quickly growing apart from them. I think it's their new stuff, and how rediculously dirty and low their guitars sound. It just sounds...nasty, their tone is horrible. I dunno, but like I said, older stuff was good, I own Follow the LeadeR.
14.06.2006 - 04:42
Bitch Boy

Wanna listen to some acoustic versions??

http://rapidshare.de/files/20940397/KO-AOL.rar.html
Pass: BlueSuede

Not such an outstanding stuff, but at least different.
14.06.2006 - 16:11
Thryce
Retired Staff
KoRn - Cancel Rest of International Tour Due to Jonathan Davis Hospitalization for Blood Disorder :

Korn cancelled the rest of the international leg of its tour because lead singer Jonathan Davis was hospitalized, suffering a blood disorder.

"The doctors have determined that this was an isolated incident and that after a few weeks my recovery will be complete. I will be ready to rock on the Family Values Tour this summer," the 35-year-old Davis, who was released from a London hospital after four days of treatment, said Tuesday.

On Korn's Web site Monday, Davis said he was diagnosed last weekend with an infection that prevents blood from clotting normally because of a low number of platelets, cells produced by bone marrow. It was brought on by an allergic reaction to medication, he said.

"I started getting these weird bruises all over my body about two weeks ago," Davis said.

He said he was extremely close to death: "If I continued to headbang on stage, I could have had a brain hemorrhage and dropped dead on the spot."

The overseas part of the tour was to end June 27 in Budapest.

The band is headlining the fourth edition of the Family Values Tour in support of their latest album, "See You On the Other Side." The 30-city North American leg is scheduled to start in Virginia Beach, VA, on July 27.

(Source : http://music.monstersandcritics.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.06.2006 - 12:06
Nightwish15
Account deleted
ouch.. how does he do now.. I know the music of KoRn very well.. I dont listen it very often .. but a couple of their songs are very great
I hope he will be better soon enough to rock The World^^:banger2:
18.06.2006 - 23:06
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Poor Jonathan he's such a sweetie
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.06.2006 - 08:40
Despised Icon
Account deleted
I don't like korn and I can safely say they are far from being metal. Not much to add to this topic though...
20.06.2006 - 20:30
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Guest on 05.06.2006 at 18:05

but now that "See You On The Other Side" it just doesnt seem right, they feel like they have lost touch,

I like See You On The Other Side and IMO SYOTOS is a Korn album for people who previously liked Untouchables, since as I already mentioned, Untouchables isn't their most favourite work. I so happen like both, but if you're more keen on older albums I'd say the leap between them is quite big.
----
22.06.2006 - 05:23
LethargyMan

Korn are... all right. I always manage to like their singles, but I find that when I listen to the remainder of a Korn album, it's either mediocre nu-metal music or Johnathan Davis talking over ambiance (i.e. the Issues album).

The one thing I can say about Korn is that they weren't a meme band, so I do respect them for that.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
22.06.2006 - 06:51
Stigmatized
I've always credited Korn for getting me into metal. I remember hearing "Falling Away From Me" and thinking "Wow, this is most incredible thing I've ever heard!". I (obviously) moved on a while back, though I will never deny that they are the biggest reason I'm into metal.
22.06.2006 - 13:11
marinBG

i think they are great... but the last album was a disappointment for me... and the saddest thing is that last year I saw them live and they sucked (already without Head)... It was a pretty boring concert, thank God, I love most of their songs so I still had fun moshing, crowdsurfing and stuff... (and getting ejected from the venue for the second... I hate stupid non-metal security at metal gigs... it really pisses me off)
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
23.06.2006 - 21:11
Sulfur91
Account deleted
I like them lots.. I'm one album away from having all of them.

I also saw them live.. One of the best parts was the kilt he wore.
24.06.2006 - 03:30
X-FrEaK

Korn lol my favorite band, the one who started me in the metal scene...

hum...i agree with jonathan about the religious thing...i hate religion...its a opinion..

by the way...did you know that Jonathan Davis almost died weeks ago?

he is better of course ^^
----