Metal Storm logo
KoRn

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 13:33
One of the most misunderstood bands of today. Hated by almost every metaller everywhere yet they command a powerful fan base.

As far as I know they did invent Nu Metal and have managed to keep their sound fresh and original since then. Their debut self titled album is still brilliant by today's standards and is one of my all time fave albums. Perfect for that teen angst.

I strongly urge any of you neigh-sayers to open your mind and give this band a chance.
21.09.2007 - 05:11
Bitch Boy
Happy birthday to David Silveria

Where the hell is this guy??
08.10.2007 - 17:28
Kharn
Account deleted
I Dunno about this band. i gave it a chance and just couldn't find anything that appealed to me.

what made it worse is everyone saying..."OMG, i can't believe you dont like them, thier like the best band ever, you must listen to shit"

What? i dont like korn so i listen to shit?

from day one they never appealed to me and to this day i still haven't heard anything i like.
09.10.2007 - 09:33
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh i bought four of their albums in a box set thing quite cheap, so i got it to give em a go - bad mistake - i never got into them and dont see it happening anytime in this lifetime (or the next)

which is why i got all four on my tradelist - give me a PM for more info
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.10.2007 - 13:13
Sunioj
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 09.10.2007 at 09:33

yeh i bought four of their albums in a box set thing quite cheap, so i got it to give em a go - bad mistake - i never got into them and dont see it happening anytime in this lifetime (or the next)

Why didn't you bother to listen to their mp3's or something first? O man, I feel sorry for you haha. Korn is pretty much hit or miss, so Im not really surprised alot of people can't get into them.
09.10.2007 - 14:34
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Sunioj on 09.10.2007 at 13:13

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 09.10.2007 at 09:33

Why didn't you bother to listen to their mp3's or something first? O man, I feel sorry for you haha. Korn is pretty much hit or miss, so Im not really surprised alot of people can't get into them.

nah, theyre first album, KoRn wasnt too bad; that was worth it, but it was really cheap anyways
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
10.10.2007 - 23:03
Istyk
Account deleted
Im glad that finaly KoRn will come to Estonia too .. the last time i had to go to Sweden .. but on 10 february i just have to drive 2 miles and im there ! So is anyone else going to see KoRn ? on their next tour ! I cant wait .
KoRn Is my number 1 band .. I love it .. Did my time , Frak on a Leash and so on and on and on .. All of them are good.
14.10.2007 - 02:16
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
I like Korn a lot, I've been listening to only them and nothing else for a few months this year.
19.10.2007 - 03:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.10.2007 at 02:16

I like Korn a lot, I've been listening to only them and nothing else for a few months this year.

New material? Old material? Their entire discography?
26.11.2007 - 06:36
Stigmatized
I think both sides of their discography has strong points. There is a good variety between each album. It's nice to see a band that wants to evolve and try new things.
14.02.2008 - 13:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
Previously,I didn't like KoRn that much,and I'd also been thinking they were not a good band.But last week(I think),I watched a"Top 10 at 10-KoRn",and I was amazed of them!They really rock.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.05.2008 - 05:48
mortjoyeux
Don't like them all too much but they have catchy songs, I won't lie.
28.05.2008 - 00:10
Gordon Freeman
A lot of their earlier material was decent. I can't stand the last couple of albums though. There is such a thing as music progression, and then there is making lazy music and calling it progression...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
11.06.2008 - 05:29
Bitch Boy
It's be awhile since I last saw them live (around April) with Ozzy and Black Label Society, and I have to say that these guys still rock. Actually they more stuff from the earlier albums for old-Korn fans: songs like "Faget", "Helmet in the bush", and classics "Blind" and "ADIDAS". However, they didn't play too much, because it was obviously Ozzy the main show. He was also really cool.
14.06.2008 - 16:26
DavidX
Account deleted
Korn Rocks! I think Jonathan Davis is gay, but, whatever.
15.06.2008 - 15:45
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
I saw them last year. They been playing in my country (Croatia, Zagreb) and it was pretty cool. That was tour with Joey Jordison - one hyperactive person. They didn't sound bad but eather great.
But It was just great when they dedicated their song ˝Blind˝ to one of my friend who died in car crash acident. Jon says: ˝This song we're going to dedicate to one of our big fan Marin. That's 4 u bro.˝ And we were all kneling down. Special moment I will never forget.
One of my fav songs are: Blind, Clown, Faget, Adidas, Freak On A Leash, Liar, Shoots And Ladders ...
18.06.2008 - 08:56
GurliBlanca
yeah damn right.... it is becouse korn i stay metal.. and discovered other bands...
21.06.2008 - 01:46
kornfannatic08
Account deleted
KoRn are awesome! My boss at Fontana showed us "Adidas" -- such a great video (it's from their Dvd Live at Montreaux)

Who else likes it? http://www.eaglerockent.com/eaglerock/videos/KornAdidas.mpg

PS I bought the dvd from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-at-Montreaux-2004-Korn/dp/B00171NZE4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1209424333&sr=8-1
21.06.2008 - 02:07
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.06.2008 at 01:46

KoRn are awesome! My boss at Fontana showed us "Adidas" -- such a great video (it's from their Dvd Live at Montreaux)

Who else likes it? http://www.eaglerockent.com/eaglerock/videos/KornAdidas.mpg

PS I bought the dvd from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-at-Montreaux-2004-Korn/dp/B00171NZE4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1209424333&sr=8-1

Like I said, Adidas is one of my best songs by KoRn. 4 that concert I made T-Shirt A.D.I.D.A.S. by myself.
01.08.2008 - 18:45
Knine
Account deleted
Written by Gordon Freeman on 28.05.2008 at 00:10

A lot of their earlier material was decent. I can't stand the last couple of albums though. There is such a thing as music progression, and then there is making lazy music and calling it progression...

their old albums are fantastic, but their latest albums are so main stream and sucky.
but still my favorite band!
07.08.2008 - 00:47
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
It's obviously that every band must fuck up at least one of their albums. They just have to experiment with something different. -.-'
22.08.2008 - 19:36
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2008 at 18:45

Written by Gordon Freeman on 28.05.2008 at 00:10

their old albums are fantastic, but their latest albums are so main stream and sucky.
but still my favorite band!

i also agree korns old stuff was actually pretty good now there just putting out shit
08.12.2008 - 15:48
benvolent
I listened to them, when I was 16 - 'Follow the leader' and 'Issues' then. Maybe I could still like Ftl, but Issues was already so plain.

They didn't invent nu metal, but I think, that they never came out of that sound - no evolution - boring !
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
08.12.2008 - 21:11
Khaldi
Written by benvolent on 08.12.2008 at 15:48

I listened to them, when I was 16 - 'Follow the leader' and 'Issues' then. Maybe I could still like Ftl, but Issues was already so plain.

me too listened their when i was 15 or 16 . i hate this albums which you heard . My favorite
albums from KoRn was "Blind"[1994] and "Untouchables"[2001] .
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
08.12.2008 - 21:18
Khaldi

They didn't invent nu metal

And what reason for this one ? you're wrong . Just they are invented nu metal .
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
08.12.2008 - 22:38
benvolent
Written by Khaldi on 08.12.2008 at 21:18

They didn't invent nu metal

And what reason for this one ? you're wrong . Just they are invented nu metal .

Well, I'm not here to define, who invented nu metal, but if you are so sure...
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
14.12.2009 - 15:01
Joé666
KoRn , Ratm , Mudvayne , Manga , Drowning Pool , Soad

Is the Fu**king Best!!!

Nu metal Rules
19.12.2009 - 22:13
I_Die_Often
The "kids" here might say I'm too old for this band, but I first got into them in 1995 when a lot of you "die hard" fans weren't even born!!!
Saw them at a small venue in Minneapolis Oct 18, 1996, they had Limp Biscuit as an opener!
I have great respect for the band and I believe they changed music and even the role of bass in all extreme music!!!
Too bad the band seems to have fallen apart...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
19.12.2009 - 22:57
The Shape
Korn is really good. They are one of the first metal bands i heard, and i still listen to them to this day, and i love every moment of it
----
14.04.2010 - 17:27
Kennoth
I'm a hardcore fan, and I'll never forget myself missing their show in 2007

Nevertheless, while I too think their older stuff is much better than new stuff, the best is in the middle! (Untouchables, Issues). I can't praise enough the Untouchables album. So mature, dark and psychedelic.

I started with abour 3-4 years ago, they practically led me through the metal music (together with Hammerfall), and I've been loving them ever since (sometimes even too much)

There were times when I listened to nothing else, but those times are past now thankfully (my sanity salutes me). I like this site, people are not very judgmental. Usually, it's a must for every wannabe true metalhead to bash on Korn and similar music because it's too 'mainstream' or 'exposed' and I hate such people. But enough about that, I'm obviously expecting the newest album. Since Ross Robinson is producing it, it can't be bad. They said they will return to the song of their first two albums, which is a move which will probably be praised by old school fans (such as myself), even though I still think they should stick to the Issues/Untouchables premise.

Hopefully, there will be a chance of Silveria and Heads return, but I guess that moment is still far away from today. I actually think head's stuff isn't bad at all (did someone check his shit out? stuff like Flush). Sure, he's into the Christian stuff, but he remained faithful to his old style, and the riffs are very reminiscent of an older Korn songs.

Well...enough of me for now. I guess I can type a bible when it's anything about Korn or Disturbed on the topic.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.04.2010 - 17:36
Kennoth
Written by Khaldi on 08.12.2008 at 21:11

me too listened their when i was 15 or 16 . i hate this albums which you heard . My favorite
albums from KoRn was "Blind"[1994] and "Untouchables"[2001] .

Blind is a lead single from that album. Name of the album is Korn
----
*insert something deep and profound*