Metal Storm logo
Crepuscularia - Russian Doom Metal [Depressing. Crushing. Beautiful.]

21.10.2006 - 19:11
Vorkriegsjugend
Account deleted
Yes I know Doom Metal belongs to the Melodic Metal section, but belive me, after listening to Crepuscularia you will understand that they fit way more into the extrem metal section. Though if any Moderator or Admin thinks this thread must be in the melodic section you are of course free to move it.

Anyway let's get started.

Crepuscularia is a russian doom metal band. I don't consider them doom/death metal but they have some very deep guttural growlings going on and clear singing. Anyway, I ask you to listen to them if you're into really heavy and crushing stuff. The overall atmosphere is absolutely depressing.

Here's a song so you can get the idea how this awesome band sounds like:

Crepuscularia - Dirge

And the website: http://www.crepuscularia.ru/
21.10.2006 - 20:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I still find it quite melodic, but whatever.

Good stuff. Have you got more on your pc? Then I'll rip it through Soulseek.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.10.2006 - 00:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band I know album ''Burry and Forgoten'' and I like it I like Anathema cover ''Thay Die'' great song and its band well its unique in thay simpleness in music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2006 - 11:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Although it is quite raw doom metal I am still moving this to the melodic forum where the rest of the doom bands are.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.02.2008 - 12:06
MadameDoom
Account deleted
I found Crepuscularia on the Metal Archives site after looking for more doom to listen to and downloaded some mp3 tracks that were uploaded on soundclick or something.

I do agree with the raw doom metal, they're pretty crushing.

They're also pretty funeral doom in a sense as well, remind me slightly of Australia's Mournful Congregation.
06.02.2008 - 10:02
FOOCK Nam

Damn, this band is so depressive and crushing
18.07.2009 - 06:00
Jd Wheels

Intense and heavy! Heard these guys some time ago when it came across my desk( I am a writer for metalbite.com)

They impressed me quite a bit, and they should be promoted more on the shores of North America. Metal this good should be placed on a pedistool and we all bow to it. This is not your older brother's metal... it is way better.