Metal Storm logo
Metallica - St Anger

Original post

Posted by , 22.10.2006 - 01:56
This is not an anti-Metallica poll. Their last album disappointed me big time; I'm new on this forum so I'd like to know what you think of this album.

Poll

What do you think of Metallica's St Anger album.

They should'venever released such an alb
disapponting album
It's not bad but not good either
it's just average
Great album
it's below average

Total votes: 151
04.05.2011 - 08:12
wormdrink414

I think it's average too. If it weren't a Metallica album it'd a) probably be forgotten by now and b) wouldn't attract nearly as much vitriol.
04.05.2011 - 08:51
Yasmine

I disagree Mr.Void, it's truely that bad, but then again I find ALL of their stuff that bad.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
04.05.2011 - 09:32
Doom Trooper

St. Anger is the kind of album that when you sit there and read the lyrics while listening it really enhances the experience even more. Every song on the album is layered with Anger and depressive emotions. The pure anger in James' voice from every grunt and scream to his singing was just fueled with anger. A lot of people forget how much experimentation Metallica really meant to do with that album. Its not like a bunch of retards who had no musical intelligence at all came together to write and records that album, it was suppose to sound like this. With that being said, I think they succeeded with what the sent out to do but probably should of had some one other than radio friendly Bob Rock helping them out. Maybe if they had guitar solos and went for a more underground/extreme feel then still aiming for radio singles it could of been done right.x
10.05.2011 - 00:43
king_matt

Disappointing album. It Doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, but it was still not good.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt