Metal Storm logo
Jeff Loomis - New Album Details

Plains Of Oblivion, the brand-new upcoming album by US shredder Jeff Loomis is set to be release on April 9th (EU) and 10th (USA).

Guest musicians for the album are announced to be Vegard Sverre "Ihsahn" Tveitan (ex-Emperor, Ihsahn) Christine Rhoades (Nevermore), Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth), Tony MacAlpine (Planet X, ex-Steve Vai), Chris Poland (ex-Megadeth) and Attila Vörös (Nevermore)

Plains Of Oblivion tracklist:

01. Mercurial [feat. Marty Friedman]
02. The Ultimatum [feat. Tony MacAlpine]
03. Escape Velocity
04. Tragedy And Harmony [feat. Christine Rhoades]
05. Requiem For The Living [feat. Attila Vörös]
06. Continuum Drift [feat. Chris Poland]
07. Surrender [feat. Vegard Sverre "Ihsahn" Tveitan]
08. Chosen Time [feat. Christine Rhoades]
09. Rapture
10. Sibylline Origin

More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Jeff Loomis
Posted: 30.01.2012 by Nekrokvlt

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 154 users
30.01.2012 - 20:47
Zap
Wow, Marty Friedman...
30.01.2012 - 21:06
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm so looking forward to this. I'm sure it's going to be an excellent album, and that cover looks nice too.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
30.01.2012 - 21:19
Mechaniacal

I still listen to Miles of Machines pretty much every single fucking day. Fuck yeah!
30.01.2012 - 21:29
nb

That will be an AWESOME birthday present for me!!!!
The cover art is pretty nice too, it has the same feel as Zero Order Phase.
And yeah: Wow Marty Friedman is in there too, nice surprise.
30.01.2012 - 21:41
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Ihsahn, Marty Friedman, and Chris Poland... this is gonna be awesome.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
30.01.2012 - 21:43
Carrion Misery

Amazing. Cant wait!
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
30.01.2012 - 22:11
Giza

Hell yeah! This album just has to be good!
31.01.2012 - 01:41
Korah

Just miss Yngwie Malmsteen on it!
----
Don't cry for my English
31.01.2012 - 01:53
ryche76

My gut tells me this is going to be one of the albums of 2012. Such a great array of guest musicians, pity John 5 or Steve Vai are not guests. The artwork looks great.....CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
31.01.2012 - 03:35
Nattens

Sweet. This is going to be killer! Great ensemble.
31.01.2012 - 03:59
Ankläger

So... Marty Friedman is ex-Megadeth, and Chris Poland is still in Megadeth?

Sounds cool, though. I'll probably get this.

(Also, why isn't cover all orange and fiery, and why can't I see Mehrunes Dagon on the horizon, engaged in mortal combat with the avatar of Akatosh? Or is this, like... Sheogorath's plain or something? Or, wait... are those "planes"? Nevermind...)
31.01.2012 - 08:52
Mad Architect

^Chris Broderick is currently the lead guitarist of Megadeth, Chris Poland played with them back in the mid 80's I believe, too lazy to go look.

I for one am VERY stoked to see what Jeff and his merry men throw at us this time!
31.01.2012 - 09:36
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HOHOOOOOO I'm down. Checking this out for sure.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.01.2012 - 22:30
Ankläger

Written by Mad Architect on 31.01.2012 at 08:52

^Chris Broderick is currently the lead guitarist of Megadeth, Chris Poland played with them back in the mid 80's I believe, too lazy to go look.

I for one am VERY stoked to see what Jeff and his merry men throw at us this time!

I know, but it said (it's been corrected now) "Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth)", and "Chris Poland (Megadeth)", making it appear as though he was currently in the band.
01.02.2012 - 08:48
Symmachus

Hey, it looks like Ihsahn is guesting all over the place. I can tell that this CD will host a lot of freaking talent.

Hits total: 5323 | This month: 2