Metal Storm logo
Spawn Of Possession - Guitarist Suffer Focal Dystonia, Announce Tour Replacement

Guitarist Danny Tunker (God Dethroned, ex-Prostitute Disfigurement) is to replace guitarist Christian Müenzner, in Spawn Of Possession, on the upcoming European tour with Obscura, Gorod, and Exivious.

Christian issues the following statement: "I would have loved to play with Spawn Of Possession myself on the upcoming European tour with Obscura, Gorod and Exivious. Unfortunately I've been diagnosed with Focal Dystonia (a task specific movement disorder... which manifests itself as a loss of voluntary motor control in extensively trained muscles) on my left hand last year, affecting the independence of my index finger and middle finger.

I've been dealing with that problem for quite a while now by adapting and changing my playing technique. I've started treatment for this some month ago, right now I'm taking therapy classes and doing a medication therapy. For the first time ever since I have it, I'm feeling a little progress on it and I have a feeling I can overcome this with time. I have to be careful not to put too much pressure on my hand though in order not to risk any further damage or the progress of the therapy. Since I have to play a 70+ minutes set with Obscura every night, a 45 minute SOP set before would be too much for my condition at this point, which is why I decided to play with Obscura only on this tour.

I am very thankful and happy that my good friend Danny Tunker agreed to step in for me on this tour. Danny, who is a former student of guitar masters Rusty Cooley (Outworld), Terry Syrek and Derryl Gabel, is the perfect choice to play with SOP, his rhythm and lead chops are beyond anyone I know.

I'm sorry if some fans expected to see me play with SOP on this tour, but that way it is guaranteed that both Obscura and SOP can deliver 100% and the best show possible!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Spawn Of Possession
Event: Omnivium Europe Tour 2012
Posted: 01.02.2012 by Nekrokvlt

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 70 users
01.02.2012 - 01:10
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
This is saddening

Hits total: 3397 | This month: 5