Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses

18.05.2006 - 13:36
Eight
Shapeshifter
I do belive that all of you know this band, don't you ? So i guess ill be the one who creates this thread.
I hear peoplesaying that Guns'n'Roses would be better off whitout Axel! i think not, whats done is done, and there couldnt be G'n'R whitout Axels Guns
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.05.2006 - 15:27
Thryce
Retired Staff
Lol you spelled it wrong it's "Guns N' Roses"

Anyway, rumor has it that their highly anticipated album "Chinese Democracy" finally will be released...

CNN.com has been on the hunt for more information surrounding the Guns N' Roses release "Chinese Democracy" - an album that has been ten years in the making.

Axl Rose, however, made a surprise radio appearance to proclaim that the album will finally hit store shelves this fall. The comments Saturday on Eddie Trunk's syndicated radio show marked the first interview the painfully private Rose has given since his failed 2002 comeback tour, which was abruptly scrapped midway amid riots and canceled shows.

Read the full report here.

(Source : http://www.cnn.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.05.2006 - 15:40
Eight
Shapeshifter
Yeah, sry for that, laugh asmuch as you want!! I will have my revenge sooner or later ! joke.
And thanks for all the information
----

18.05.2006 - 16:28
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I love GNR´s music, but I think "Chinese Democracy" has become more of a joke already. I mean, wasn´t it like ten years a go when it was supposed to be released, so I don´t expect too much. But the old albums are great! I miss Slash though, but I guess I still have to check GNR, when they come to Helsinki.
----
You'll never walk alone.
18.05.2006 - 20:08
Schlackass
Account deleted
Guns N' Roses are great, and it wouldn't be the same without Axl.. His voice is amazing. Haven't checked out the new stuff yet, but the old classic albums are good enough for me.
18.05.2006 - 23:10
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Guest on 18.05.2006 at 20:08

Guns N' Roses are great, and it wouldn't be the same without Axl.. His voice is amazing. Haven't checked out the new stuff yet, but the old classic albums are good enough for me.

Indeed! Abspoutley what i meant !
----

19.05.2006 - 04:21
Alfonso

Appetite for Destruction = perfection
----
19.05.2006 - 22:05
Milan
Account deleted
Hey do they still exist?! I read in Metal Hammer that they were publishing a new album. I thought that they were disbanded. I know that Slash is in other band right now and I don't know about the others.
19.05.2006 - 22:51
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Guest on 19.05.2006 at 22:05

Hey do they still exist?! I read in Metal Hammer that they were publishing a new album. I thought that they were disbanded. I know that Slash is in other band right now and I don't know about the others.

Axl Rose is the only original member. Current line up is as follows
* Axl Rose - lead vocals, piano (1985-present)
* Dizzy Reed - keyboards, piano (1990-present)
* Robin Finck - lead guitar (1997-present)
* Tommy Stinson - bass guitar (1998-present)
* Chris Pitman - keyboards, programming (1998-present)
* Brian "Brain" Mantia - drums (2000-present)
* Richard Fortus - rhythm guitar (2002-present)
* Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - lead guitar (2006-present)

Originl 1985 members :
Ole Beich died in 1991
Rob Gardner was the first drummer but got replaced pretty fast by Steven Adler in 1985. Steven now plays in Velvet Revolver
Tracii Guns left the band and was recplaced by Slash. He has put together a new band called the Tracii Guns Band
Izzy Stradlin' has a solo project nowadays
Slash is currently the lead guitarist of Velvet Revolver
Michael Andrew McKagan went solo and also plays for Velvet Revolver

As you may noticed Guns N' Roses always have had a turbulent history...

Read more at http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com
----
22.05.2006 - 12:28
MetalGoddess

yeah ... nice band ... but not great ... had a little obsesion for them when I was 11 and it passed in less than a year "Estranged" remains my favourite song from GNR ... and Appetite for Distruction nice albums
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
22.05.2006 - 18:30
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Yeah I was a big fan, thanks to my sister I was able to listen to all the albums since she bought them all. Loved appetite for destruction, but most of the other albums too... so many classic songs, and recrently checked out the music videos DVD...they're such an awesome band, I love thier image even though it's generally an alcoholic woman-bashing one
24.05.2006 - 10:27
Thryce
Retired Staff
The set-list from Guns N' Roses' first US show of 2006 that took place in New York City has been made available - it was as follows:

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Rocket Queen
5. The Blues
6. Live And Let Die
7. Robin and Richard solo
8. Knockin On Heavens Door
9. Better
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Robin solo
12. Sweet Child O' Mine
13 Out Ta Get Me
14. November Rain
15. Bumble solo
16. Chinese Democracy
17. My Michelle
18. Patience
19. Richard solo
20. Nightrain
21. Robin solo
22. Paradise City

Guns N' Roses is:

Axl Rose - Piano, Guitar, Vocals
Dizzy Reed - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Chris Pittman - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Brian "Brain" Mantia - Drums
Tommy Stinson - Bass, Backing Vocals
Richard Fortus - Rhythm/Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Robin Finck - Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - Lead/Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals

(Source : here)
----
24.05.2006 - 11:56
Eternal Flames

I absolutely loved Guns N' Roses. Appetite For Destruction is a masterpiece. And even the Use Your Illusion albums were pretty good. Although as for the new album "Chinese Democracy", I'm really not interested in hearing it. I mean, it was meant to be released years ago and it supposedly has been in production for over 10 years. On a personal level, for me, it doesn't seem like it is Guns N' Roses anymore. I mean Axl, being the only original member left in the band, it just for me doesn't feel right for him to continue the band, as he wasn't the sole member that formed the band originally.
28.05.2006 - 18:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well..they performed in Lisbon yesterday and i was a bit disapointed. Some say that the band is Axel but i believe the band was the whole really, and the singular Slash gave a special life to that band. after the break up of the band what they had broke too. And the new guitar players messed up big time on the solos...anyway they had their time and they remain one of the great rock bands ever regardless of what has hapened. their music and legacy is alive. I like them.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.05.2006 - 03:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
of course G N' R will never be the same without Duff and Slash but i think 'Chinese Democracy' wont disapoint, Axl is extremely talented and if it was a choice between Axl and the rest of the band id take Axl any day.

btw- did anyone hear about how Axl got in a fight with Tommy Hilfiger?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.05.2006 - 03:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Thryce on 19.05.2006 at 22:51

Written by Guest on 19.05.2006 at 22:05

Axl Rose is the only original member. Current line up is as follows
* Axl Rose - lead vocals, piano (1985-present)
* Dizzy Reed - keyboards, piano (1990-present)
* Robin Finck - lead guitar (1997-present)
* Tommy Stinson - bass guitar (1998-present)
* Chris Pitman - keyboards, programming (1998-present)
* Brian "Brain" Mantia - drums (2000-present)
* Richard Fortus - rhythm guitar (2002-present)
* Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - lead guitar (2006-present)

Originl 1985 members :
Ole Beich died in 1991
Rob Gardner was the first drummer but got replaced pretty fast by Steven Adler in 1985. Steven now plays in Velvet Revolver
Tracii Guns left the band and was recplaced by Slash. He has put together a new band called the Tracii Guns Band
Izzy Stradlin' has a solo project nowadays
Slash is currently the lead guitarist of Velvet Revolver
Michael Andrew McKagan went solo and also plays for Velvet Revolver

As you may noticed Guns N' Roses always have had a turbulent history...

Read more at www.heretodaygonetohell.com

first of all, who is Ole Beich? and second of all, Steven Adler is now in a band called Enuff Z Nuff, not velvet revolver, you may have been thinking of Matt Sorum, he was in Guns n Roses replacing Steven Adler. please learn your facts before posting.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.05.2006 - 10:53
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ wurzel : first of all, a bit less arrogant would suit you very well my young friend. Also you can use the edit button or post everything into one message instead of useless double-postings...

Then secondly, Ole Beich was GNR's very first bassist in 1985 (so he's one of the former members) but he got replaced very quick by Duff McKagan. (And if you don't believe me, check http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/history-86.php).

As for your Steven Adler not playing in Velvet Revolver remark, you're right though.
Adler also played in a band called Adler's Appetite which was formerly known as Suki Jones (some sort of GNR's cover band)

I couldn't find anywhere that Steven Adler plays in Enuff Z Nuff, but I did find (on Enuff Z Nuff's website) that Chip Znuff was a replacement in Adler's Apetite for the first time in October 2005. Recently he has played together with Steven Adler in Adler's Appetite for a South American Tour a few months ago. In January 2006 Adler's Appetite disbanded due to problems between Adler and all the current band members while in the middle of a European Tour. Chip Z'Nuff announced this is the last gig for Adler's Appetite at a gig in Europe.

And again, please don't tell me I have to "learn my facts before I post", as you see also you make mistakes...

And yes I heard about the quarrel. It was some basal thing about Rose moving Hilfiger's girlfriend's drink.
----
30.05.2006 - 16:49
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i jsut hope album will come out this year and i hope for good song nothing else
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
31.05.2006 - 13:35
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I don´t know if I will even buy that album without hearing any songs first. They have been making it for something like ten years, so it can really be anything. Hopefully it´s a good album, but I don´t expect anything much. Either it´s a masterpiece or then it sounds just like Axl just wanted to release it to get some money... Let´s hope for the best.
----
You'll never walk alone.
31.05.2006 - 14:59
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well yeah Axl doin this album only for money, but i heard few song from album and they r OK im sure all of you here heard MAdagascar and at VMA 200 and some in NY
well let's hope music will be half good as music at afd and UYI 1 and 2
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
01.06.2006 - 04:30
Gothya

of course not, axel is the best frontman for gnr, i mean, i like them, when they released 'appettite for destruction' i think it was the great classical lineup, a good one, they got a great sound together, they're one of my favorite bands ever, i got all their albums
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
16.06.2006 - 16:18
Logo666
Account deleted
Axel Rose ?
Why You d'ont memembers about SLASH .
He have the best gitar colleciton on the world ...
Say somthing about This.
The VOCALIST in the band IS NOT CENTER PLACE....
Thinking about this...

18.06.2006 - 14:57
Jeff
Freaky Admin
I will see them tuesday !!!

This is the last set list of their last show in Austria...

Setlist :

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr Brownstone
04. Live And Let Die
05. Madagascar
06. Robin Solo
07. Sweet Child O' Mine
08. Dizzy Solo Piano
09. The Blues
10. Richard Solo
11. Richard et Robin Solo (Beautiful)
12. You Could Be Mine
13. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
14. Better
15. Jam
16. November Rain
17. Band Intro
18. Solo Bumblefoot (Don't Cry)
19. Out Ta Get Me
20. My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach)
21. Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin)
22. Used to love her (with Izzy Stradlin)
23. I.R.S
24. Patience (with Izzy Stradlin)
25. Bumblefoot Solo
26. Nightrain

Encore
27. Rocket Queen
28. Paradise City

I'm fucking happy

First because I really want to see this band, 2nd because the comments about their last shows are damn positive and they play a lot of old songs, and 3rd because two of my fav guitarists will be there => Izzy Stradlin and Ron Thal

So I don't know if someone here had the luck to see them on this tour but be sure that I will let you know if it's good or not tuesday evening !
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
20.06.2006 - 03:10
Soliloquy

i honestly dont know why people seem to hate axel so much. sure he still may be a lil too enthusiastic about his band. and sure, he may be the only member of guns n roses now. and sure, he didnt relase anything in lile a billion years. but so what? for a rock band, his vocals were perfect. a lil high at times, yet not high enough to get annoying.

anyways, as some of you guys may know, Buckethead joined the band a few years before the broke up. sure, some people, including Ozzy think she is seriously fucked up and odd looking, but what do you guys think of him? i think he is an awsome guitarist. and i do dare say taht he is better than slash as well. not becuase he is a shreder, and slash isnt. but buckethead can come up with some seriously amazing stuff. and i also think that he started kicking slash's ass while he was in the band. perhaps he was the spark?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
21.06.2006 - 14:55
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Haha yeah I saw them !!!

And let me tell you that it was just fucking amazing !!! What a punch !!!

The show is full of lights, flames, explosions... firework it's a fucking big show !!!

All the musicians were great and well... it was just exellent... I hope that you'll see them soon

2h40mins of music with =>

01. Intro
02. Welcome To The Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Live And Let Die
06. Robin Finck Solo
07. Sweet Child O'Mine
08. Madagascar
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Knockin' On Heavens Door
11. Jam / Dizzy Solo (Ziggy Stardust)
12. The Blues
13. Band Introduction
14. Richard And Robin Solo (Beautiful)
15. Out Ta Get Me
16. Ron Solo (Don't Cry)
17. Better
18. November Rain
19. IRS
20. My Michelle
21. Used To Love Her (Izzy Stradlin)
22. Patience (Izzy Stradlin)
23. Nightrain (Izzy Stradlin)
Encore:
24. Chinese Democracy
25. Robin Finck Solo
26. Paradise City (Izzy Stradlin)
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
21.06.2006 - 18:36
Sage
Account deleted
Written by Jeff on 21.06.2006 at 14:55

Haha yeah I saw them !!!

And let me tell you that it was just fucking amazing !!! What a punch !!!

The show is full of lights, flames, explosions... firework it's a fucking big show !!!

All the musicians were great and well... it was just exellent... I hope that you'll see them soon

2h40mins of music with =>

[...]

Great! They will be playing on Graspop this weekend (belgium). I'm eager to see them.
25.06.2006 - 21:56
TimmyPix

Axl has an amazing voice, but I've heard a couple of the leaked tracks off Chinese Democracy, and to be honest, they're not very good. Axl's trying to do another Use Your Illusion in terms of song "epicness" but it just doesn't work with out the original GNRs. Such a shame...

Favourite GnR songs: Estranged, Locomotive (Complicity), Sweet Child O' Mine
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
26.06.2006 - 13:57
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Haven't listened to "Chinese Democracy" yet but their classic albums are brilliant!! Use Your Illusion and Appetite for Destruction are some great releases!
Anyway I don't quite understand the problem with Axl... He's kinda arrogant okay but there are very few rock stars who are not : And he's the only one original member left, like the keeper of GNR's mind. I miss Slash though...
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
28.06.2006 - 20:46
nick35
Account deleted
Appetite for destruction is one of my favorite albums. Axel is one of the greatest frontmen and slash is one of my favorite guitarists. Without out Axel there would be no GNR but he sure could lose his attitude
28.06.2006 - 23:33
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I don´t know if you´ve heard of this already, but GNR was on a gig in Stockholm on Monday and the after party obviously got a bit wild. Axl had argued with some woman at the hotel and the staff had to call the security. Then Axl bit some guard on the thigh and the police had to take him in jail, so that he wouldn´t leave for Oslo (Norway). Anyway, he got fine for that and GNR can continue their tour. They´ll be in Finland next Wednesday. Can´t wait to see them live...
----
You'll never walk alone.