Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses

Original post

Posted by Eight, 18.05.2006 - 13:36
I do belive that all of you know this band, don't you ? So i guess ill be the one who creates this thread.
I hear peoplesaying that Guns'n'Roses would be better off whitout Axel! i think not, whats done is done, and there couldnt be G'n'R whitout Axels Guns
15.11.2008 - 00:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Wanna hear something depressing? my roommate bought this racing game for xbox 360 about a month back. the game is called Burnout: Paradise City. the game is centrally based around the EDITED version of "Paradise City" by GNR. and there are Obama ads on billboards very subtly placed around the video game city.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.11.2008 - 19:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.07.2008 at 10:56

in my personal opinion- Guns N' Roses is the best classic rock band EVER

Classic Rock is Ac/Dc, The Beatles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stepenwolf, UFO, Free , but not GnR , even thay counts in CLASSICS, but thay are not classic rock
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.11.2008 - 12:20
Eeric
Account deleted
Hoping that they finally release Axl Rose's chinese democracy album.
19.11.2008 - 17:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 19.11.2008 at 12:20

Hoping? It is being released in under a week you know...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.11.2008 - 08:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Doc G. on 19.11.2008 at 17:00

That's what they say. First gotta see if it is actually true.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 09:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 08:13

Well, the official website did have a count down, theres posters all over the CD stores, and the link you posted has the full album...its kind of past the point of no return now.
----
- George Carlin
20.11.2008 - 09:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Doc G. on 20.11.2008 at 09:05

Well, the official website did have a count down, theres posters all over the CD stores, and the link you posted has the full album...its kind of past the point of no return now.

You never know with Axl
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 09:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 09:11

Written by Doc G. on 20.11.2008 at 09:05

You never know with Axl

Well its 2 days away, I imagine the delivery trucks are already on the road...I can't even imagine the amount of money he'd lose by cancelling shipments.
----
- George Carlin
22.11.2008 - 10:20
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Crap! I have to write a review of Chinese Democracy for our school magazine. I thought that album would never come out. I guess it's reality now, since the record company is giving me the album for free... Not that I didn't like GNR, but I just don't expect much. The songs that I've heard on radio haven't been very special.
----
You'll never walk alone.
22.11.2008 - 11:07
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Ernotar on 22.11.2008 at 10:20

Crap! I have to write a review of Chinese Democracy for our school magazine. I thought that album would never come out. I guess it's reality now, since the record company is giving me the album for free... Not that I didn't like GNR, but I just don't expect much. The songs that I've heard on radio haven't been very special.

its just an average album not worst than it!
22.11.2008 - 18:34
Diluted
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 16.11.2008 at 19:11

Written by Guest on 27.07.2008 at 10:56

in my personal opinion- Guns N' Roses is the best classic rock band EVER

Classic Rock is Ac/Dc, The Beatles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stepenwolf, UFO, Free , but not GnR , even thay counts in CLASSICS, but thay are not classic rock

so many people say they're metal
but i dont know, i do not consider them metal, thats just my personal opinion.
24.11.2008 - 03:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't like GnR and I have no interest in checking out the new album, but can anyone tell me the songs that Buckethead contributed? I'm interested in hearing those
24.11.2008 - 04:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 24.11.2008 at 03:22

I don't like GnR and I have no interest in checking out the new album, but can anyone tell me the songs that Buckethead contributed? I'm interested in hearing those

I'm reading the liner notes right now, here are the songs where Buckethead is credited (as performing):
Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street Of Dreams
If The World
There Was A Time
Scraped
Riad N' The Bedouins
Sorry
IRS
Madagascar
Prostitute

...LOL, thats all but 2 songs off the album. Though he isn't credited as writing any of the songs.
----
- George Carlin
24.11.2008 - 04:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Goddammit nevermind then xD

thanks though
24.11.2008 - 09:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 24.11.2008 at 04:26

Goddammit nevermind then xD

thanks though

Yeah, you'd be surprised though. The most potent traces of Bucketheads style I found to be in the track 'Shacklers Revenge'.
----
- George Carlin
24.11.2008 - 09:58
Eeric
Account deleted
I think gn'r was at it's best when buckethead was with them(he made way better solos on old songs than slash), so it's cool he's playing on that record.
24.11.2008 - 14:58
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 24.11.2008 at 09:58

I think gn'r was at it's best when buckethead was with them(he made way better solos on old songs than slash), so it's cool he's playing on that record.

Bucketheads a beast but no one can replace Slash in GnR
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.11.2008 - 16:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 14:58

Why not? Okay his playing was okay (but nothing more), but his songwriting qualities are really subpar. Just listen to what he wrote for Snakpit and Velvet Revolver. IMO Slash is one of the single most overrated guitar players ever. All image no substance.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2008 - 17:33
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.11.2008 at 16:21

Why not? Okay his playing was okay (but nothing more), but his songwriting qualities are really subpar. Just listen to what he wrote for Snakpit and Velvet Revolver. IMO Slash is one of the single most overrated guitar players ever. All image no substance.

Fully agree with you there. I always found him to be so boring. Sure he has a great image, but that is about it. Kind of sad that people like Slash get so much attention yet it seems know one here knows a guitarist like Chris deGarmo.
----
(space for rent)
24.11.2008 - 22:07
totaliteraliter

The new one is pretty good for a mainstream rock album. Production-wise there's a lot of stuff going on, lots of variety and little touches that keep it from being generic. Perfectly listenable, some nice leads here and there though the riffing isn't spectacular (mind you I don't think it ever really was in GNR). The vocal performance is somewhat impressive, Axl displays as much range as ever, at times even reminding me of King Diamond and Jon Anderson.
25.11.2008 - 00:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

alright i will agree that Slash's lyrical abilities are not at all impressive, but the reason why he started VR and Snakepit was to try and form the blues based rock band he couldnt get outta GnR. i theorize that if he were in a more complimentary environment that his skills would be much better showcased.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

25.11.2008 - 07:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 25.11.2008 at 00:18

alright i will agree that Slash's lyrical abilities are not at all impressive, but the reason why he started VR and Snakepit was to try and form the blues based rock band he couldnt get outta GnR. i theorize that if he were in a more complimentary environment that his skills would be much better showcased.

I don't care for his lyrical abilities I was talking about songwriting as in the sense of writing the music to songs. And that is atrocious. Why do you think he wasn't allowed to write songs for GnR? Only parts of songs, that's it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.11.2008 - 07:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Thryce on 30.05.2006 at 10:53

@ wurzel : first of all, a bit less arrogant would suit you very well my young friend. Also you can use the edit button or post everything into one message instead of useless double-postings...

Then secondly, Ole Beich was GNR's very first bassist in 1985 (so he's one of the former members) but he got replaced very quick by Duff McKagan. (And if you don't believe me, check http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/history-86.php).

As for your Steven Adler not playing in Velvet Revolver remark, you're right though.
Adler also played in a band called Adler's Appetite which was formerly known as Suki Jones (some sort of GNR's cover band)

I couldn't find anywhere that Steven Adler plays in Enuff Z Nuff, but I did find (on Enuff Z Nuff's website) that Chip Znuff was a replacement in Adler's Apetite for the first time in October 2005. Recently he has played together with Steven Adler in Adler's Appetite for a South American Tour a few months ago. In January 2006 Adler's Appetite disbanded due to problems between Adler and all the current band members while in the middle of a European Tour. Chip Z'Nuff announced this is the last gig for Adler's Appetite at a gig in Europe.

And again, please don't tell me I have to "learn my facts before I post", as you see also you make mistakes...

And yes I heard about the quarrel. It was some basal thing about Rose moving Hilfiger's girlfriend's drink.

Just reading old posts on this thread and ran across this (Wurzel was my original username). I apologize for that rude comment I made, this is the first time I've actually re-read it and I am a bit embarrassed.
----
- George Carlin
25.11.2008 - 12:55
Eeric
Account deleted
Slash is doing better solos with VR than GN'R. And VR could become greater than old GN'R if they only have took Sebastian Bach instead of Scott Weiland (who's quite weak singer)
25.11.2008 - 22:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 25.11.2008 at 12:55

Slash is doing better solos with VR than GN'R. And VR could become greater than old GN'R if they only have took Sebastian Bach instead of Scott Weiland (who's quite weak singer)

I really hope you are kidding. VR is almost exactly the reason why I think Slash is overrated, he should have been completely forgotten about after creating that bland jock-rock pile of boring. So no, he was at his prime when Axl was controlling him. Yes I agree they would have been better if they took Bach, but a good vocalist can't always cover up shit song writing.
----
- George Carlin
26.11.2008 - 09:42
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 25.11.2008 at 22:15

I really hope you are kidding. VR is almost exactly the reason why I think Slash is overrated, he should have been completely forgotten about after creating that bland jock-rock pile of boring. So no, he was at his prime when Axl was controlling him. Yes I agree they would have been better if they took Bach, but a good vocalist can't always cover up shit song writing.

Yeah, you're right. It can't, but it can make it more enjoyable. Like some of chinese democracy song (example: if the world)
28.11.2008 - 07:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
LOL. 'Street Of Dreams' has a striking resemblance to Vanessa Carltons 'A Thousand Miles'
----
- George Carlin
09.12.2008 - 14:03
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
A few years ago Guns N'Roses was my favourite band, Axel and Slash are great musician's
09.12.2008 - 17:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 25.11.2008 at 22:15

i too consider Slash overrated, he is pretty damn good, but he's no guitar god, and a Sebastian Bach-Slash band would be EPIC. especially since Bach shares imo a similar voice with Axl, though Bach is WAAAY better.
18.12.2008 - 00:52
Black Mass

I went to the Gunners gig in Sydney last year. Seb Bach came out and did a few songs with Axl. They can both still wail really fucken well! Was a bit sad to see Gunners without Slash, Sorum and Duff but I think as long as Axl leads them, it still has that Gunners sound.
Slash is by no means 'awesome' but the man has good stage presence and just looks the part. I read his book, thought it was cool, kinda made me wanna be a trashy rock star
Haven't got Chinese Democracy yet but a mate tells me its good to listen to on a lazy Sunday arvo, sinking beers in the sun.