Metal Storm logo
Feminism

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 22.10.2006 - 20:47
I'm really tired of all the feminists who blames every single bad thing in the society on the men.

A few years ago the leader of the national organisation for women- and girl-helpcenters (dont know the proper english translation) said, in public, that all men are pigs. How the hell can she say something like that? How the hell can women draw the conclusion that ALL men are bad?
Afterwards, when it had been on the first page in every newspaper, there was a reporter who asked her if she still meant what she said. She answered "But all men ARE pigs. Don't YOU think so?"
When I heard that I was like "whoa!" I mean, she sounded like a freakin maniac. I was honestly scared.

Another feminist debate in Sweden was whether we would boycott the FIFA World Cup just because prostitution is legal in Germany. Some stupid feminist (can't remember name) wrote a blog about that men "should take their responsibility". She said that if you're not against it, you're with it. How the hell can she really believe that i can't enjoy football without having to fuck a prostitute after a game? Talk about preconceived opinions.
"Men are pigs" pfff... That fucking feminist blogger is nothing but a filthy animal.

Since a new party started in Swedish politics, Feministic Initiative, I am no longer a feminist. I do believe that men and women should be equal to eachother, but the word feminist has got a new meaning to me. Feminism is now a synonyme to the word "sexism".
This party wanted all men to pay a certain tax that would pay for the rehabilitation of beat up women. Fucking fascists!

And have you heard about the book "The SCUM-manifest"? The author basically says that men are the reason why the world is as bad as it is, and that all women should exterminate the male gender. Hmm, that sounds familiar somehow. Could it be MEIN KAMPF, written by freakin ADOLF HITLER??? Only the word "jew" has been replaced by the word "male".

I am not a feminist, but I am a feminimasculinist. I don't want women to run the world. I want both men AND women to do it. Therefore, I am a feminimasculinist.
All feminists should burn in hell. Boycott feminism.
27.11.2013 - 18:35
SolracV
I believe that feminism, by definition (search for equality), is an example we should all follow. The problem is how many women manipulate such word and use it for their own benefits, as a way to victimize themselves. Of course this is all generally speaking, we all know ALL women are not like that. However, there are women out there that abuses the term, establishing dominance in some way. To clarify, I'm not saying I support masculism, quite the contrary, I abhor it; I firmly strive for equality and justice. I'm just pointing out how some use the term Feminism to subconsciously obtain some kind of dominance and control.

On a side note, I find it very interesting how recently there has been a change on gender roles. There has been a continuous rise of women employed and of women taking the lead in a family, financially and physically. On the downside, at least where I live, there also has been recent cases of men abuse by women. Even the most simplest thing, like making the 'first move' on a date, women are the ones to make such move! I've seen with my own eyes relationships where women have the dominance over their male.

That being said, I heard on the radio a survey of school teachers where they've witnessed an increase in shyness on male students. And I don't know if the term 'friendzoned' is used in many places, but over here is a bizarre example of how the dominance men had decades ago is slowly diminishing, as ridiculous as it sounds. Believe me, I have male friends that keep using the term 'friendzoned' as an excuse to victimize themselves and to make themselves seen as 'good'. Additionally, at least in Latin America, there is another term floating around, called 'princesos' (male princesses), where men, mostly teenagers/adult teenagers are highly sentimental and 'pretty'. Again, while it sounds ridiculous, it's interesting how sometimes these terms, started as jokes, can be taken seriously and create a subtle social effect.

Sorry for such an unexpected lengthy post, but this is a topic that interests me (even though it was kind of off-topic... Didn't know where to post it). I believe that there can be a change in gender role in a couple of decades, and this is due to victimization. When a group victimize themselves, it can create a pathway to dominance. While it can be a good thing, it can also lead to consequences. And not only that, victimization can create a cycle where there are two groups, the victimized and the dominant, where they will interchange their roles for a period of time, and I believe the only way to stop this is to simply preach equality and justice for EVERYONE, and not victimizing a particular group (this doesn't only apply to genders, this apply to pretty much everything). Again, this is only just me and my wacky point of view haha!
07.02.2014 - 01:32
Rasputin
Feminism has nothing to do with equality, because the very word "Femin" tells us that it is a women driven "movement." I think the word that they should have been looking for and learning from is humanism, however, that does not suit them. I do not abhor masculinity, it is counterproductive to do so, because it is already hard enough to deal with your issue of gender, and now to top with that for all men to be pussies because some butch dikes, misandry driven and dominance oriented pack of cultists want to make so. While we can go for days on debating the difference between sex and gender, I find that those distinctions are necessary, or else we will have an entire generation of emotional pansies apologizing for being men, on top of the sensitivity that our culture is becoming saturated with.

Women (most of them) who belong to this feminist cult, do not want men to be men, they want to become men instead and assert their dominance, and if you are weak enough, stupid enough and pussy enough, you will let them run your life and control you, well fuck that. Respect is given when it is due, and they do not deserve any respect whatsoever. I'm strong, I'm a woman, I have a cute vagina, look at me, look at me, and when something is not to their liking, Rape Culture, Male Privilege, sense of agency, blah blah blah. I enjoy tearing them apart, because they do not follow any logic, their ideology is belief based, and like any religion it is faulty. I pity the man who decides to date one of these psychos.
07.02.2014 - 02:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Rasputin on 07.02.2014 at 01:32
Feminism has nothing to do with equality...

The fact that you chose to lead with this statement pretty much nullified everything else you had to say. Feminism is literally about equality - gender equality, but equality nonetheless. All that other crap you said about cults and pussified men or whatever is all based on the femiNazis who paint real feminists in a bad light (since the media tends to give those women more attention than women who actually care about equal opportunity and equal rights).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.02.2014 - 03:11
Vombatus
Potorro
Probably gonna get kicked for this but Feminism is not only about equality. As you know (or maybe not) feminism is a very large concept more commonly divided between difference feminism and equality feminism, if you really want to rule a line between the different theories.

Obviously, the equality seems to be more accepted as it is suppose to be more rational and fair but that does not mean other forms of feminism exist and can be legitimate from a different point of view... So called feminazis fall into the later category, but does not make it less feminist. Just a different approach (no matter how retard it might be).
07.02.2014 - 06:47
Rasputin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.02.2014 at 02:46

Written by Rasputin on 07.02.2014 at 01:32
Feminism has nothing to do with equality...

The fact that you chose to lead with this statement pretty much nullified everything else you had to say. Feminism is literally about equality - gender equality, but equality nonetheless. All that other crap you said about cults and pussified men or whatever is all based on the femiNazis who paint real feminists in a bad light (since the media tends to give those women more attention than women who actually care about equal opportunity and equal rights).

Maybe in your head. Feminism is literally about women superiority, if it was about equality it would be called Equalism, but it is not. Women already have equal rights, they are just not satisfied with it, since the TV and their cult leaders who write garbage like "Feminine Mystique" or are insane like Wollstonecraft are feeding them with man hatred. While there are no official "movements," meaning, that every feminist is her on cult for the most part, we have all kinds of feminists, however, no one keeps them in check. It is like the "radical" Muslims who are allegedly wrong in their Jihadist mentality, and yet no one in the Muslim community really speaks out against terrorism. And why? Well, because they know that the "radicals" are doing what every Muslim should be doing, and that is following their religion to the letter, so out of fear or out of respect, they continue. The same goes with the FemiNazis you speak off, no one keeps them in check. To make matters more interesting, none of the so called "feminists" take any responsibility for their actions, they are slowly becoming another privileged group that can do whatever and instead of blaming it on color of their skin or religion, they blame it on the fact that they have a "beautiful, strong vagina" and they love to play games as both the masters and slaves. Anyone with common sense can see through their bullshit, but as long as we have people believing that feminism in general has anything to do with equality, the pussyfication process of an average male has already begun. That is why tomorrow, boys are going to be nothing but bunch of pansies with gauged ears, stupid hipster glasses and emo haircuts, worrying about their feelings, and worrying about the "feminine sense of agency" since the "Patriarchy" is the root of all evil, and they should be ashamed of the fact that they have a penis, balls and that they are white. Well fuck that. You are a man, so be a man, do not surrender your authority to anyone, and especially not to some fucked in the head "woman wannabe man."
07.02.2014 - 14:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Sorry dude, no point in arguing here since you're obviously set in your ways. Vombatus brings up a good point about different perspectives of feminism but honestly everything you say comes across as... trolling?

Also way to mention an advocate of women's rights from the 1800s. Totally relevant.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.02.2014 - 20:19
Rasputin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.02.2014 at 14:17

Sorry dude, no point in arguing here since you're obviously set in your ways. Vombatus brings up a good point about different perspectives of feminism but honestly everything you say comes across as... trolling?

Also way to mention an advocate of women's rights from the 1800s. Totally relevant.

I don't give a shit how it comes across, your perspective is your own, I couldn't care less.

Tell that to the feminists then, those advocates are still very relevant to them.

As soon as a female tells me that she is a feminist, I automatically know that she is fucked in head, or should I say, damaged goods. But who ever supports them and tries to understand them, I give you props, you have the guts to allow to be neutered, that takes some balls, lol.
08.02.2014 - 07:24
no one
Account deleted
Sexism toward woman is still strong in my wife's work place and with nz farmers unfortunately
08.02.2014 - 20:18
Rasputin
Written by Guest on 08.02.2014 at 07:24

Sexism toward woman is still strong in my wife's work place and with nz farmers unfortunately

Well, some things are hard to change, and I do not justify that by any means, however, some form of discrimination or another is present everywhere. I have never been to NZ, so I cannot say how it is down there, but in the USA there is a lot of favoritism, nepotism and preferential treatment, and that will not change any time soon.
08.02.2014 - 22:05
no one
Account deleted
Written by Rasputin on 08.02.2014 at 20:18

Well, some things are hard to change, and I do not justify that by any means, however, some form of discrimination or another is present everywhere. I have never been to NZ, so I cannot say how it is down there, but in the USA there is a lot of favoritism, nepotism and preferential treatment, and that will not change any time soon.

no one would ever know it, i was flabbergasted when my wife told me the story's at her (government) job. i was like "really!! in this day and age!! in this country!! wtf"
09.02.2014 - 20:34
Rasputin
Written by Guest on 08.02.2014 at 22:05

Written by Rasputin on 08.02.2014 at 20:18

no one would ever know it, i was flabbergasted when my wife told me the story's at her (government) job. i was like "really!! in this day and age!! in this country!! wtf"

The government jobs are especially tricky when it comes to that. I found (from a friend) that a lot of people tolerate discrimination, because if they say something they risk a good paying job, and if their claim fails, then they will be looked by the remaining workers as snitches, so when you go to eat lunch, or get coffee in the hallway, no one would speak to you, and then you might as well suffer through, because the alternative almost seems worse. I don't know man, humans are fucked up, no questions about it, we have not figured a god damn thing in all these years, and I doubt we will.
29.04.2014 - 12:14
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Written by Rasputin on 07.02.2014 at 20:19

I don't give a shit how it comes across, your perspective is your own, I couldn't care less.

Of course you care how you come across. Otherwise why would you bother posting here in the first place? If people seem to interpret your messages not the way you seem to think, then apparently you've chosen the wrong kind of words for what you want to get across.

Quote:
Tell that to the feminists then, those advocates are still very relevant to them.

As soon as a female tells me that she is a feminist, I automatically know that she is fucked in head, or should I say, damaged goods. But who ever supports them and tries to understand them, I give you props, you have the guts to allow to be neutered, that takes some balls, lol.

Please, go out and look up the term 'feminism', and you'll see it IS about equality. I understand why you may think that it isn't, but it is. By the very fact that women had always had less rights than men. Of course, you can also term it humanism or equality or whatever. But it all stems from the fact that men once considered themselves superior to women, that's why the name is the way it is right now.

If feminism means equality between the genders, then I'm a feminist. If it means more power to women than to men, then I am not a feminist. But apparently it means the former.
29.04.2014 - 13:25
theFIST
Written by Twilight on 29.04.2014 at 12:14

Please, go out and look up the term 'feminism', and you'll see it IS about equality.

it is irrelevant how many people use a definition of feminism being about equality as long as the people actually calling themselves feminist oppose equality
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
29.04.2014 - 14:50
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Anything taken to extremes is stupid. That's the problem with people these days.

Also, I agree with Angelic, it's all about the freedom to do what one chooses without getting discriminated against because of your gender.
There is obviously discrimination against men too, but far less when compared to what women face.
But, honestly, I think equality is a two way street, you can't want to be equal only when it benefits you and want perks just coz you're a certain gender when it benefits you.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
29.04.2014 - 16:58
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

If feminism means equality between the genders, then I'm a feminist.

I think we can all agree on that. Now shush. You don't want to wake up Rasputin.
29.04.2014 - 20:35
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Written by theFIST on 29.04.2014 at 13:25

Please, go out and look up the term 'feminism', and you'll see it IS about equality.

it is irrelevant how many people use a definition of feminism being about equality as long as the people actually calling themselves feminist oppose equality

I guess it's just a case of ignoring the extremists. I think it is relevant. Anyone who feels offended when meeting a self-proclaimed feminist who might just look down on males just needs to not worry and get their facts straight and then tell these facts to the female in question. Because obviously this person didn't understand what feminism is about.

It's such a shame when people confuse terms. This is why most debates turn out in fights, terminology really needs a more common consensus.
29.04.2014 - 21:05
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Twilight on 29.04.2014 at 20:35

It's such a shame when people confuse terms. This is why most debates turn out in fights, terminology really needs a more common consensus.

If you are looking for terminolgy consensus for Feminism, you better stop now. Just take a look at the different feminist theorists and you will never find a "universal" approach accepted by all.

Another thing might be that some people want to believe their take to the term is the right one and everyone else if wrong (don't they all?), but that only proves they are close-minded reductionists.
29.04.2014 - 21:27
theFIST
Written by Twilight on 29.04.2014 at 20:35

Written by theFIST on 29.04.2014 at 13:25

I guess it's just a case of ignoring the extremists. I think it is relevant. Anyone who feels offended when meeting a self-proclaimed feminist who might just look down on males just needs to not worry and get their facts straight and then tell these facts to the female in question. Because obviously this person didn't understand what feminism is about.

those are not the extremists, but basically all that are influential

when a term used by almost exclusively people working for and achieving goals you are opposed to it is time to move on from it
people advocating for equality should move on from calling themselves feminist just like people advocating for social and market freedom have moved on from calling themselves liberal
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
30.04.2014 - 00:00
IronAngel
The whole point is that feminism has not yet done its job and dropping it for another term would imply the gender structures and ideology of our society is now acceptable. But to some extent, the term -has- been replaced. Feminist studies have often become Gender studies to acknowledge the wider implications of gender-thought. But the problematics of gender and power are still relevant to social criticism, and masking them under a pretense of universal humanity sweeps many issues under the rug.
30.04.2014 - 07:19
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 30.04.2014 at 04:39

If anything I think the world is going backwards (or at least Australia).

Young women are being recast as "ditzy boozed up sex objects." Even little girls' toys are promoting this image - e.g. Bratz. Then there's all the stuff on TV as well as pre-teen and teen music icons that reinforce this image.

haha, fuck yeah the same over here, it's unbelievable.

on a different note,i was talking to my sister in law from Holland in the weekend and she reckons the binge drinking over here is crazy, she reckons there's nothing like it in holland or the places she has been in europe ( norway, belgium denmark etc)
30.04.2014 - 16:57
theFIST
Written by IronAngel on 30.04.2014 at 00:00

The whole point is that feminism has not yet done its job and dropping it for another term would imply the gender structures and ideology of our society is now acceptable. But to some extent, the term -has- been replaced. Feminist studies have often become Gender studies to acknowledge the wider implications of gender-thought. But the problematics of gender and power are still relevant to social criticism, and masking them under a pretense of universal humanity sweeps many issues under the rug.

the problem is that the social order feminism generally is leading towards is by far less acceptable than the current one, so sticking with feminism is counterproductive
----
01.05.2014 - 16:44
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
So I guess we can all conclude that the goal of what 'feminism' is supposed to be is still relevant. The only thing is that the word itself is now too polluted with different kinds of interpretation, that it is no longer ideal to use it for the same goal as it was introduced for.
28.05.2014 - 17:09
Rasputin

Written by Rasputin on 07.02.2014 at 20:19

Of course you care how you come across. Otherwise why would you bother posting here in the first place? If people seem to interpret your messages not the way you seem to think, then apparently you've chosen the wrong kind of words for what you want to get across.

Quote:

Please, go out and look up the term 'feminism', and you'll see it IS about equality. I understand why you may think that it isn't, but it is. By the very fact that women had always had less rights than men. Of course, you can also term it humanism or equality or whatever. But it all stems from the fact that men once considered themselves superior to women, that's why the name is the way it is right now.

If feminism means equality between the genders, then I'm a feminist. If it means more power to women than to men, then I am not a feminist. But apparently it means the former.

You know, I can go and google the term feminism, and on the surface it will appear like it is about equality, but theory and practice are two very different things. However, what I have seen thus far says the contrary. Every single post I see on feminist threads is about some bullshit, and borderline drawing erroneous conclusions that have no base in reality. I keep hearing how women had no rights and power? Really? I would say read history more, and while I agree that the world was more patriarchal it does not eliminate the fact that women had more influence than we are led to believe. But that is another topic.

What we are focusing now is this "new feminism" that is far removed from the initial "woman suffrage" movement, the only thing they share is the feminist name, and the outcry for equality. I am yet to figure out how is facial abuse porn, prostitution or stripping empowering and not degrading to a women, something that the current feminist ilk propagates and endorses, which is very interesting when you look at what the old feminist fought against. It seems to me that we went 180 degrees the other way, and it will just get worse.

Then we have this "Gender and Women Studies" bullshit degree that serves no purpose whatsoever. It is as useless as studying Ethics, because you cannot use it, you cannot implement it beyond that class, so it's a big waste of time. And most of those feminist created classes are full of hatred towards males, and constantly complaining about nonexistent male privilege, or should I say, there are as many male privileges as there are females, females are just hypocrites who will admit to it. I don't want to be looked as a sex object, yet I am exploring my sexuality by wearing virtually nothing, and while I have no problem with women wearing what ever they want, I have a problem where no common sense is applied. If you dress a certain way, you will get a response from the environment, that is just the way it is. The other thing is the constant moaning of how women are being objectified, yet when the time comes to move up the corporate ladder, get out of a speeding ticket, then we have no problem in using our sexuality to our advantage. Double standards much?
Then in many countries we still have laws that in a divorce a woman more often than not gets the kids, or get's the half of all of the income, half or a whole house because she is a female (this is how it was in USA up until recent times, now we have agreements to minimize that) regardless if she contributed anything or not. Just look at the celebrities, that is running rampant, they get married and get divorced in a week, and she gets half of his money. Sounds fair? In court cases it is a fact that a female will more often than not get a reduced sentence, or be not charged at all, unlike the male. In the case of a domestic fight, depending upon the state, the man will get arrested and charged, regardless who started it, because he is "stronger." And lets say a couple makes an agreement that if the female gets pregnant she will abort, and she changes her mind, because she is always reserved the right to end the pregnancy or to continue with it, without any input of the male or any suggestion of the male. And I would not have a problem with that, however it gets very interesting, that as soon as the child is born, most states in USA automatically start garnishing the wages of the male, most times even before any paternity tests have even been performed. And I can go on and on, listing of all the inequalities, and pointing out the facts that females have their privileges that males do not, and vice versa.

Bottom line, the issue is that the women want to be strong, independent and maintain ownership of their feminine agency, and I have no problem with that either, however what I have a problem with is the fact that as soon as something happens, the female reverts to the "victim" role, and she is not responsible for anything, it's always someone else, regardless of the situation. You cannot have both, you can either choose to be this, or that, there is no middle ground here. You either take responsibility for your actions, or you do not, it is simple as that.

And finally, I have not seen anything positive coming from the feminist movement in a while. What I keep seeing is that intentionally through passive aggressive methods feminists try to instigate a conflict through the articles they write, and while they claim it is all about equality, it clearly is not. The downfall of feminism occurred when they lost central figures with common sense and loyal to the cause, now we have so many creating something of their own and in the process keep injecting their own fears, doubts and complexes while at the same time embracing the Porn Industry as the last freedom frontier (Belle Knox is a perfect example of feminism going awry). But alright whatever, I salute the feminists in their battle against the mythical Patriarchy, and salute their bravery of taking on Patriarchy one penis at a time, and feeling empowered from double anal penetration and facial abuse porn. Hey, it's their right, and having somebody shoot their load on your face is sooooo empowering, so maybe they should do it more often. Cheers.
22.06.2014 - 18:44
Ganondox
I also identify as a femimasculinist, but not because I'm against feminism, but because I'm both a feminist and a masculinist. They aren't contradicting philosophies. Yes, some feminists are loonies, especially among the radical ones (the author of the SCUM manifesto was literally insane, she had schizophrenia and is best known for attempting to assassinate Andy Warhole), but most are sane.

Written by Lupas on 24.10.2006 at 13:52

Written by Ernotar on 23.10.2006 at 22:35

One thing that one can consider about work is that there are certain type of works that not every woman can do. Like a work in a minery for example. I can'i imagine a woman in there ( All the dirt ,mud or webs ) Some like about man although there are few persone that can do both works as well.

Um, no, many women are fine with getting dirty, you are just sexist. If there is any reason a women would be less suited to work in a mine, it would be because they usually have less upper body strength then men, but plenty of women do mine.

Written by SolracV on 27.11.2013 at 18:35
. Even the most simplest thing, like making the 'first move' on a date, women are the ones to make such move! I've seen with my own eyes relationships where women have the dominance over their male.
I'm seriously okay with this, I'd much rather the girl make the first move in an overt manner.
22.06.2014 - 19:25
Rasputin
How do you differentiate between the two? I can't and I am fighting them every day. They are all radical because they allow for bullshit to continue without policing themselves. YesAllWomen, NotAllMen, the kid shooting those people in California because he didn't get any as a clear sign of "white male privilege" don't call girls "bossy" blah blah blah. These seem like normal feminists to you?
22.06.2014 - 19:37
Ilham
Giant robot
It's funny how the internet is populated by people complaining about feminazis/femionists. I have never, never, in my whole life encountered anyone that could fall in the first category. And honestly, I don't know if it's because I have intelligent friends, but I don't hear women bitch about feminism, and the men around me don't feel emasculated by the females we hang out with.

In real life, there is so much work left to do on gender equality. As a French and Moroccan bi-national, you'd think I'd go on a rant about the way women are treated in first world and developing countries like Morocco. But the single fact a female graphic designer in France is paid 15% less than an equally qualified male shows we're miles away from that. I'm using that example because I don't want to talk about things I know nothing about. But I know there are worse things happening.

Living in Casablanca now, I promised myself I would try to ignore most of the sexist stuff thrown at/done to me, as I'd end up getting stabbed, dying from a heart attack at 30, or involved in a mass shooting. It used to revolt me so much more when I was growing up here, but there's not much you can do sometimes. The only fact someone as rebellious as I used to be is saying that she's kinda just resigning is a proof the "fight" is too tiresome to be fought every day. I only speak up and stick up for myself or my mother only in situations I know couldn't turn out to be dangerous, because I have already been the subject of too many verbal and physical aggressions before.
22.06.2014 - 19:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I love when people like Rasputin generalize an entire movement based on a few select cases of extremism.
----
22.06.2014 - 20:07
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.06.2014 at 19:56

I love when people like Rasputin generalize an entire movement based on a few select cases of extremism.

Yeah I responded there, but that was before I got confirmation one shouldn't quote/refer to any thing he says.
22.06.2014 - 20:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Ilham on 22.06.2014 at 20:07
Yeah I responded there, but that was before I got confirmation one shouldn't quote/refer to any thing he says.

He generally has very extreme black and white views on any serious topic (particularly when it comes to equality movements and religion), which I think is a little ironic. Thankfully the majority of people I come in contact with online and in person don't have such a limited scope of understanding concepts like this and tend to comprehend the big picture rather than judging things based on isolated incidents.

People often have negative things to say about these kinds of issues (feminazis and whatever else) because the media gives them attention, which is solely based on the fact that news outlets tend to garner more attention when they show a "crazy feminist" cutting off her boyfriend's dick or something rather than highlighting the positive aspects of what the movement has done/is set out do to. And then you run into the fact that most news networks are run by very rich white men who would obviously not want their audience to see how positive equality can really be as it threatens their job security and income. God forbid women feel empowered enough to do more than stay at home and raise kids.
----
22.06.2014 - 20:33
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.06.2014 at 20:13
He generally has very extreme black and white views on any serious topic (particularly when it comes to equality movements and religion), which I think is a little ironic. Thankfully the majority of people I come in contact with online and in person don't have such a limited scope of understanding concepts like this and tend to comprehend the big picture rather than judging things based on isolated incidents.

People often have negative things to say about these kinds of issues (feminazis and whatever else) because the media gives them attention, which is solely based on the fact that news outlets tend to garner more attention when they show a "crazy feminist" cutting off her boyfriend's dick or something rather than highlighting the positive aspects of what the movement has done/is set out do to. And then you run into the fact that most news networks are run by very rich white men who would obviously not want their audience to see how positive equality can really be as it threatens their job security and income. God forbid women feel empowered enough to do more than stay at home and raise kids.

Indeed. Call me naïve, but I hope most of the stuff I read and appals me is the result of youth and lack of experience rather than plain bigotry and very limited views of reality. Unfortunately, I apparently evolve in parts of the interwebs that leave me questioning humanity's progress more than you do. Growing up here, the internet has always been a window for my mind, tastes, and learning of the other, I am sadder every day when I realise it is not the case for everyone.
All you have said is very true. That's why there is such a gap between real life and what you might hear on TV or whatever media you follow, concerning feminism in particular. I think the internet became an outlet for the frustrated and scared who think feminism is a bout depriving a man of its social privileges and genitals.