02. Blindfold
03. Harvest
04. Cleanse
05. Fæmin

Additional info
Mixed by Andrew Schneider at Translator Audio Studios
Mastered by Collin Jordan at The Boiler Room
Drums recorded at MDL Estúdios engineered by André Mendes
Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at 5ª Dimensão engineered by João Bacelar and Fernando Mendes
Lyrics: Hugo Santos
Photography: Pedro Almeida
Artwork and Design: Miguel Gomes and Hugo Santos

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
When Marcel reviewed Process Of Guilt's monstrous Erosion in 2009, he noted:

"?the band have now moved on towards to a more, what some would probably call, post-doom sound."

Suffice it to say that observation is even more true with 2012's Faemin, where the band further move in that direction. Rest assured, dear reader, this is not the ethereal wussy style post, but the Cult Of Neurosis bludgeoning by riff type.

Read more ››
published 08.05.2012 | Comments (37)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 75   Visited by: 250 users
05.02.2012 - 00:52
Rating: 8
InnerSelf
proofread free
Oh lord ! What could they possibly do that would be better than the jewel that is Erosion
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
05.02.2012 - 02:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by InnerSelf on 05.02.2012 at 00:52

Oh lord ! What could they possibly do that would be better than the jewel that is Erosion

Meh I dunno, don't care... The Maniacal Vale for example is still a fucking gigant for me, one of my favorite cds of all time and I thought about their next album but then found out that Esoteric developed the style instead of outdoing the record. Which is the perfect case.

Same applies here... I don't expect Process Of Guilt to outdo their work on Erosion... I don't expect Erosion pt 2. I expect a band continuing and developing their sound I'm sure the album will be awesome.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.02.2012 - 03:30
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.02.2012 at 02:11

Meh I dunno, don't care... The Maniacal Vale for example is still a fucking gigant for me, one of my favorite cds of all time and I thought about their next album but then found out that Esoteric developed the style instead of outdoing the record. Which is the perfect case.

Same applies here... I don't expect Process Of Guilt to outdo their work on Erosion... I don't expect Erosion pt 2. I expect a band continuing and developing their sound I'm sure the album will be awesome.

I wasn't at all trying to say that I want them to come up with an Erosion pt.2 or even a better album than Erosion, It was just my way of saying that with the amount of talent that this band surely has they can't go wrong just like Esoteric's case and I completely 100% agree with what you said concerning The Maniacal Vale and its follow up, I stopped worrying about it being as good as TMV and I got rewarded
----
is not bold enough
05.02.2012 - 11:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I'm curious about their new album.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.02.2012 - 13:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by InnerSelf on 05.02.2012 at 03:30
I wasn't at all trying to say that I want them to come up with an Erosion pt.2 or even a better album than Erosion, It was just my way of saying that with the amount of talent that this band surely has they can't go wrong just like Esoteric's case and I completely 100% agree with what you said concerning The Maniacal Vale and its follow up, I stopped worrying about it being as good as TMV and I got rewarded

Oh I know you didn't mean that, sorry if my post looked like it was agressive, I was just saying what I thought about it.
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.02.2012 - 13:43
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.02.2012 at 13:23

Oh I know you didn't mean that, sorry if my post looked like it was agressive, I was just saying what I thought about it.

Sword back to its sheath
----
is not bold enough
06.02.2012 - 18:56
Slayerus23
Account deleted
Only on 2013? Damn, I was expecting this for being the best album of 2012.

It will be pretty hard to beat Erosion or even Renounce. Both are masterpieces, so this one won't disappoint.
08.02.2012 - 15:10
Rating: 10
PēterisP
Yeah, at last hope that Hugo delivers again ! I hope that full album will not face experiments done in the Circle (EP), although the Circle was decent EP.
----
Metalhead since 1987
10.04.2012 - 22:51
InnerSelf
proofread free
HARVEEEEEEST !!
has anyone heard the song, it's mind-blowing ... Hugo does some semi-shrieking
----
is not bold enough
10.04.2012 - 22:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by InnerSelf on 10.04.2012 at 22:51

HARVEEEEEEST !!

I have actually really avoided listening to that soong. Want to wait for the entire album to hit the cd player.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.04.2012 - 22:56
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.04.2012 at 22:54

Written by InnerSelf on 10.04.2012 at 22:51

HARVEEEEEEST !!

I have actually really avoided listening to that soong. Want to wait for the entire album to hit the cd player.

I tried too, but couldn't help myself. I'm now %100 sure that this is going to satisfy
----
is not bold enough
16.04.2012 - 07:07
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
CHEA! Wonder what they'll do this time? Erosion still gets in my head and stays there very easily.
----
Coldgrits
21.04.2012 - 22:24
Slayerus23
Account deleted
Guys, this album is amazing. I've listened to it this morning by promo streaming. Might be better than Erosion.
21.04.2012 - 23:55
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 21.04.2012 at 22:24

Might be better than Erosion.

Say whaaaat
btw PoG just shared a link of a review fro some site that scored the album 10/10 !
----
is not bold enough
22.04.2012 - 15:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Checking it out now through the streaming promo I got.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2012 - 15:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.04.2012 at 15:17

My guess is it's going to sound more like a post-metal record than anything.
22.04.2012 - 15:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 22.04.2012 at 15:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.04.2012 at 15:17

My guess is it's going to sound more like a post-metal record than anything.

it has totally left it's death doom leanings behind but isn't purely post metal either. There is way too much doom in it for it to be solely post metal. An obvious continuation of Erosion though. Quite Cult Of Lunaish although more doom. If that makes any sense
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2012 - 15:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Salvation era Cult Of Luna that is.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2012 - 15:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.04.2012 at 15:29

it has totally left it's death doom leanings behind but isn't purely post metal either. There is way too much doom in it for it to be solely post metal. An obvious continuation of Erosion though. Quite Cult Of Lunaish although more doom. If that makes any sense

Yeah Cult of Luna was the first thing that sprang to mind when I heard the song they released a few weeks ago. Should be interesting to see how they combine the two styles.
22.04.2012 - 15:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 22.04.2012 at 15:30

Yeah Cult of Luna was the first thing that sprang to mind when I heard the song they released a few weeks ago. Should be interesting to see how they combine the two styles.

I am half way through the last song now and up to now it feels very natural. But Faemin lacks the impact Erosion had on me, though.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.05.2012 - 02:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
It feels a little more rough-around-the-edges and visceral. some elements of Erosion are stripped away, others amplified.

never listened to COL for whatever reason, but i got a somewhat Neurosis feel from it. tribal sounding drums and percussive riffs...

will have a review out sometime between now and release. need to give it several more spins over a couple days to see what shakes loose.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.05.2012 - 14:45
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by BitterCOld on 05.05.2012 at 02:12

It feels a little more rough-around-the-edges and visceral. some elements of Erosion are stripped away, others amplified.

never listened to COL for whatever reason, but i got a somewhat Neurosis feel from it. tribal sounding drums and percussive riffs...

will have a review out sometime between now and release. need to give it several more spins over a couple days to see what shakes loose.

I also got a Neurosis vibe from Harvest . Awaiting the review
----
is not bold enough
17.05.2012 - 23:28
InnerSelf
proofread free
People who got to listen to this through a promo link ... curse you >_<
----
is not bold enough
17.05.2012 - 23:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by InnerSelf on 17.05.2012 at 23:28

being willing to write 250-500 words on releases has it's privileges. of course it also means having to sit through repeated spins of not so awesome (or not so good) music as well...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.05.2012 - 19:34
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by BitterCOld on 17.05.2012 at 23:37

being willing to write 250-500 words on releases has it's privileges. of course it also means having to sit through repeated spins of not so awesome (or not so good) music as well...

Those "clinical" listens must be the worst, playing music for the sake of analyzing it rather than enjoying it
----
is not bold enough
25.05.2012 - 17:22
Rating: 9
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Written by InnerSelf on 18.05.2012 at 19:34

Written by BitterCOld on 17.05.2012 at 23:37

Those "clinical" listens must be the worst, playing music for the sake of analyzing it rather than enjoying it

Wrong, from my experience, analytical listenings actually improve my experience, for it makes me give attention to small details I wouldn't notice if I was listening without really paying attention to everything. Usually, after reviewing an album, I end up liking it more than ever, and then enjoy it fully after "the job" is done.

Also, I already have a physical copy. This album really grows in you
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
25.05.2012 - 17:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Dark Forever on 25.05.2012 at 17:22

Wrong, from my experience, analytical listenings actually improve my experience, for it makes me give attention to small details I wouldn't notice if I was listening without really paying attention to everything. Usually, after reviewing an album, I end up liking it more than ever, and then enjoy it fully after "the job" is done.

I don't enjoy listening just for analysis and review purposes... But I still agree with you. Even if I don't like it (as I just like to sit and relax) I do get a lot from those analytical listenings for my reviews. They are tedious but if the album is good, then when I listen to it in a more casual manner I will probably enjoy it far more that if I didn't listen to it analytically in the first place.
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.05.2012 - 21:35
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Dark Forever on 25.05.2012 at 17:22

It's the analytical listening of mediocre albums that I was talking about, there is nothing more enjoyable than listening to a "Great" while paying attention to little details ... albums like PoG's Erosion and Esoteric's The Maniacal Vale are best enjoyed analyticaly
And about the album, I've been playing it consistently in the past few days and it DID grow. Those guys can do no wrong
----
is not bold enough
29.05.2012 - 22:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Hey guys, let's write the same "atmospheric" riff over and over again and stretch it out over 45 minutes while I muffle my growls so deep in the mix the listener can barely hear me and the drums will repeat the exact same pattern to make them think the riffs actually go somewhere!

6/10 and utterly disappointed to say the least.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.05.2012 - 23:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.05.2012 at 22:22

Hey guys, let's write the same "atmospheric" riff over and over again and stretch it out over 45 minutes while I muffle my growls so deep in the mix the listener can barely hear me and the drums will repeat the exact same pattern to make them think the riffs actually go somewhere!

6/10 and utterly disappointed to say the least.

Now I feel like less of a dick for thinking the same thing about this. I don't really listen to their first album much so I wouldn't call myself a fan so I'm especially glad to see this come from someone who is a fan, rather than the whole "Oh, but PoG were already going down the post-metal/atmos-sludge route" justifications etc.

Hits total: 10158 | This month: 31