Metal Storm logo
While Heaven Wept - Working On New Album

US progressive/doom metallers While Heaven Wept have begun working on the band's follow-up to 2011's Fear Of Infinity and plan to record the new album in the autumn and release it in 2013.

Guitarist/vocalist Tom Phillips had the following update on the new material: "I can reveal that we have completed the music for the follow-up to Fear Of Infinity and will spend much of this year rehearsing with the intention of recording it in Autumn. It will consist of 10 brand new songs that were channeled between 2009-2011 (though one expression includes riffs dating back to 1995) and will surely once again challenge everyone's notions of what While Heaven Wept is. While extremely melodic, heartfelt, and epic, it is (in Scott Loose's words) 'intense and aggressive' - running the gamut from classic US underground metal to melodic thrash and passages of a more 'extreme' nature. Compared to Fear Of Infinity, it has a very different atmosphere and is very much 'in your face' musically, yet clearly While Heaven Wept. As far as I am aware, we're looking at an early 2013 release, but we will be including some of this material in our revamped live setlists."

Source: whileheavenwept.com
Band profile: While Heaven Wept
Posted: 10.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 21 users
11.02.2012 - 06:07
Alecbirds

Hopefully it's better than Fear of Infinity. Oceans was awesome though.
11.02.2012 - 07:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Well at least they're gonna take some time in between albums this time. It felt like Oceans and Fear were done almost back to back with little time in between. But I could be wrong.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.02.2012 - 13:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 11.02.2012 at 07:08

Well at least they're gonna take some time in between albums this time. It felt like Oceans and Fear were done almost back to back with little time in between. But I could be wrong.

They were actually done at the same time
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.02.2012 - 05:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.02.2012 at 13:21

They were done at the same time even though they were released 2 years apart? Not that I don't believe you, I just find it weird.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.02.2012 - 12:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 12.02.2012 at 05:09

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.02.2012 at 13:21

They were done at the same time even though they were released 2 years apart? Not that I don't believe you, I just find it weird.

Yes they were, or at least most of the song were finished at the time. Tom told me about it because I was baffled about the short period of time between the two especially considering the time between all their other releases.
Btw between Fear and VOL, it's actually 1 year and 5 months.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.02.2012 - 06:07
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I hope it will be better than "Fear Of Infinity", it was kinda... well, you know, meh... compared with their awesome works they've done in the past.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2021 | This month: 3