Metal Storm logo
At The Gates

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 18.05.2006 - 14:17
At The Gates and Thomas Lindberg are one of the pioneers of the melodic death metal genre... IMO they released one of the greatest metal albums of all time: Slaughter Of The Soul... Im sure many people would feel the same...

Its just a shame the band decided to split and go their seperate ways, what does everyone else think?
22.11.2012 - 17:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Is there a new album in progress? Or was that just bullshit?
----
22.11.2012 - 17:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 22.11.2012 at 17:33

Is there a new album in progress? Or was that just bullshit?

Bullshit. Tomas was interviewed only a month ago and the closest he got to saying there's a new album was basically "Never say never."
22.11.2012 - 21:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 22.11.2012 at 17:39

Bullshit. Tomas was interviewed only a month ago and the closest he got to saying there's a new album was basically "Never say never."

not that is anything to go by of course. I remember interviewing Kelly Shaeffer at Hellfest 2007 and he said he was totally and utterly certain that Atheist would never record anotehr album again.And what was released in 2010? Precisely, an Atheist album called Jupiter which btw was mediocre at best.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.11.2012 - 21:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.11.2012 at 21:30

not that is anything to go by of course. I remember interviewing Kelly Shaeffer at Hellfest 2007 and he said he was totally and utterly certain that Atheist would never record anotehr album again.And what was released in 2010? Precisely, an Atheist album called Jupiter which btw was mediocre at best.

Well 3 years is a pretty big gap

I agree though, very average record.
22.11.2012 - 21:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 22.11.2012 at 21:32

I agree though, very average record.

Mmm I see something...

It is all my fault that Atheist and Cynic released a mediocre and bad comeback album, Because within the space of three days I interviewd both in 2007. And what do they do, just to piss me off they release some shitty stuff
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.11.2012 - 21:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.11.2012 at 21:36

Mmm I see something...

It is all my fault that Atheist and Cynic released a mediocre and bad comeback album, Because within the space of three days I interviewd both in 2007. And what do they do, just to piss me off they release some shitty stuff

There's probably excellent original recordings done before you interviewed them, only they did quick poor albums after you did and released though instead. They'll probably release the originals on the day you die just to spite you
22.11.2012 - 21:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 22.11.2012 at 21:40

There's probably excellent original recordings done before you interviewed them, only they did quick poor albums after you did and released though instead. They'll probably release the originals on the day you die just to spite you

I am 100% sure they will
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.04.2019 - 09:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Right in time for the prestigious Roadburn Festival appearance we decided to release yet another video from the latest album. This time we want to focus on the heavier, grittier sound of the band, hence "The Colours of the Beast". We once again worked together with Costin on this one. We talked with him that we wanted him to try to capture the dark, gloomy side of the band's music. And he succeeded, creating the, by far, most dark and twisted video we have ever released. We are very happy to present to you the new AT THE GATES video clip: The Colours of the Beast!"

As mentioned, AT THE GATES will next appear playing a very an extraordinary show in regards to setlist and special guest appearances at the prestigious Roadburn Festival on Friday, April 12, 2019 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands. AT THE GATES frontman Tomas Lindberg Redant furthermore acts as curator for the 2019 edition of the festival, presenting carefully and tastefully selected artists to perform under the event banner "The Burning Darkness", which will take place across multiple stages on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13. More info about the festival can be found here: https://roadburn.com/

Here is a list of the upcoming shows by AT THE GATES (Latest updates marked *):
AT THE GATES - Live 2019:
12.04. Tilburg (The Netherlands) - Roadburn Festival
24.04. Canberra (Australia) - Basement + The Haunted & Witchery
25.04. Brisbane (Australia) - Triffid + The Haunted & Witchery
26.04. Sydney (Australia) - Manning Bar + The Haunted & Witchery
27.04. Melbourne (Australia) - Max Watt's + The Haunted & Witchery
28.04. Hobart / Tasmania (Australia) - Odeon Theatre
30.04. Wellington (New Zealand) - Valhalla + The Haunted
01.05. Auckland (New Zealand) - Whammy + The Haunted
31.05.-01.06. Antwerp - (Belgium) - Antwerp Metal Fest
05.-08.06. Sölvesborg (Sweden) - Sweden Rock Festival
14.06. Donington Park (UK) - Download Festival
13.-15.07. Interlaken (Switzerland) - Greenfield Festival
28.-30.06. Ferropolis (Germany) - Full Force Festival
02.-03.08. Borgholm (Sweden) - Borgholm Brinnar Festival
07.-11.08. Hampshire (UK) - Boomtown Fair
15.-18.08. St-Nolff (France) - Motorcultor Festival
18.08. Malaga (Spain) - Estepona Metal Meeting *
06.09. Hüttikon (Switzerland) - Meh Suff! Festival
And even more dates to be announced soon?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing