+ Making Of Dark Fate Of Atlantis Video
+ Interview With Sebastian Roeder
+ Interview With Luca Turilli
+ Interview With Alessandro Conti
+ Interview With Dominique Leurquin
+ Interview With Patrice Guers
+ Alex Landenburg [drum improvisation]

Additional info
Producer, recording, editing, orchestral arrangements, cover concept, lyrics: Luca Turilli.
Engineering, recording, editing: Arnaud Ménard.
Photography: Malin Yberg Palmgren.
Cover art, booklet design: Felipe Machado Franco.
Mastering: Christoph Stickel.
Engineering, mixing, recording, editing: Sebastian "Basi" Roeder.

The melody of the chorus of "Excalibur" was taken from Schubert's "Moment Musical N.5 in F Minor". The main guitar solo of "Dante's Inferno" was inspired to Czerny's "Etude N.14, Op.740".

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
The pressure is on for Luca Turilli to stamp his authority as the better of the two "Rhapsody" bands. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody being the first half to release an album since the split, it is time to discover whether this band can justify themselves as a separate entity, or if this is just a faction of the past.

Read more ››
published 29.06.2012 | Comments (20)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 40   Visited by: 941 users
14.02.2012 - 03:41
BMR Monkey
Who is going to be on vocals?
28.02.2012 - 01:09
Rating: 10
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Written by BMR Monkey on 14.02.2012 at 03:41

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=16063 - March 27!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
01.03.2012 - 20:57
John Shock
I want this!
18.04.2012 - 16:16
Rating: 9
R Lewis
Written by BMR Monkey on 14.02.2012 at 03:41

The new singer is Trick Or Treat's Alessandro Conti...
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
10.06.2012 - 11:50
I'm really looking forward to this release, although I doubt how long Luca Turilli can manage to keep releasing great albums year after year. Dark Fate of Atlantis lacked something, and I hope this is not a pathetic new attempt to create this so-called "Film-Score Metal", a concept which backfired a few years ago when they released Triumph or Agony, and on Rhapsody's latest release's last song.
21.06.2012 - 20:17
annodomini
From what it was promised, I was expecting some kind of Trailer music vs Power metal, but it is the same, absolutely the same as Rhapsody (of Fire). I mean, even the vocals sounds the same. Music is great, but nothing different than Rhapsody.
----
the riddle wants to be...
22.06.2012 - 03:53
Abel
Somebody explain and fast: "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody"???... what the hell?!?!?!, wasn't either Rhapsody of Fire or just Luca Turilli??? don't get me wrong i loved both (pretty much almost the same) but WHY THIS?
22.06.2012 - 05:39
Hyperion
Written by Abel on 22.06.2012 at 03:53

Somebody explain and fast: "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody"???... what the hell?!?!?!, wasn't either Rhapsody of Fire or just Luca Turilli??? don't get me wrong i loved both (pretty much almost the same) but WHY THIS?

I guess it's just so Luca can have a different band with the same popularity of RoF. i find it a good move since he built Rhapsody with Alex and has laid 15 years of work on the band's name.
----
It wasn't long until they left their cave and wondered outside once more, amazed they realized that the world had not ended as they had fearfully believed during the night. In fact, the grass was greener, the air fresher and the sun had risen again.
22.06.2012 - 07:00
Radivoy
Written by Hyperion on 22.06.2012 at 05:39

I guess it's just so Luca can have a different band with the same popularity of RoF. i find it a good move since he built Rhapsody with Alex and has laid 15 years of work on the band's name.

They had a friendly split. I guess is more like they don't feel comfortable composing together anymore (Alex and Luca), so now we have two Rhapsody's that sounds pretty similar both xD

About the album (have in mind that i'm a Rhapsody "fan", and consider that I only heard it a few times):
At the begginning was sort like of what I expected, not too much originality, and also a little much frenetic ._. Catchy choruses and nice rythms, but a little messy sometimes (I always thought that Luca rushed to record the album). Tormento e Passione was a really nice hearing, one of the best songs in my opinion, but the truly one thing that makes this album great are the 16 minutes of "Of Michael The Archangel And Lucifer's Fall", ¡That's what I was expecting of Rhapsody!. I need to hear it more, but in the meantime, I really liked it (dunno if that's because I was being truly pesimist about this album xD).
----
Sorry for the bad English writing :P
22.06.2012 - 17:38
Darth Revan
Ya know, this band's gone through so many name changes that it's a practical joke... actually, I'm not really sure if this is the continuation of the original band or Rhapsody of Fire is the continuation of the original band. I'll just call one of 'em Thundercross, that was the original name and it's far less confusing than a million variations and descriptions of the word 'rhapsody'.
22.06.2012 - 22:53
Rating: 7
Snbn
Pretty boring to here same stuff from 2 bands....
23.06.2012 - 00:56
Kamil
Account deleted
The best Turilli's stuff since "Power of The Dragonflame"
23.06.2012 - 02:18
DieH@rd
Very good album. Alexandro sounds awesome.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
23.06.2012 - 04:13
basquetal
Ok...sincerely I don´t know if this is good or bad
23.06.2012 - 06:06
Unhealer
Eclecticist
They covered 'Luna'?! Damn, I must hear that.
23.06.2012 - 13:37
renai
Lol .... you may think this is cheesy stuff. indeed , but it is Luca Turilli, its in his level. pretty awesome. I curious now to see how the other Rhapsody need to catch up with this.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
23.06.2012 - 14:04
Prometheus
It sounds new. truly the guitarwork could sound like the same way of the others albums,but same melodies sometimes are good because they mark the technique of an artist. changes don't always are good in music.new vocalist is great. my favourite track is March of time,and i think it innovates the original one,another three like Dark fate of atlantis,Tormento e passione and Excalibur.
24.06.2012 - 09:27
neonxaos
I'm afraid I don't understand this at all... Cheesy does not even begin to describe it. The musicianship is obviously top notch... but the actual product is pure toe-curling circus musical metal. And yes, I realize I listen to bands that others would probably have similar opinions about, but... Ah well, tastes differ.
24.06.2012 - 11:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The album as a whole is much better than I originally anticipated. Hopefully the rebuttal from the other camp is as good or better.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.06.2012 - 13:43
LeSiS
Yes, this album confirm and give Luca Turilli like the best metal composer have ever existed and obviously all the previous albums that he composed in his career.

For my this is the best Rhapsody's album since Symphony of Enchanted Lands.
24.06.2012 - 17:04
Abel
Written by Radivoy on 22.06.2012 at 07:00

They had a friendly split. I guess is more like they don't feel comfortable composing together anymore (Alex and Luca), so now we have two Rhapsody's that sounds pretty similar both xD

About the album (have in mind that i'm a Rhapsody "fan", and consider that I only heard it a few times):
At the begginning was sort like of what I expected, not too much originality, and also a little much frenetic ._. Catchy choruses and nice rythms, but a little messy sometimes (I always thought that Luca rushed to record the album). Tormento e Passione was a really nice hearing, one of the best songs in my opinion, but the truly one thing that makes this album great are the 16 minutes of "Of Michael The Archangel And Lucifer's Fall", ¡That's what I was expecting of Rhapsody!. I need to hear it more, but in the meantime, I really liked it (dunno if that's because I was being truly pesimist about this album xD).

but why then wasn't this album putted under Luca Turilli's discography?????
24.06.2012 - 18:37
ChrisWinther
This album somehow reminds me of the two first Keeper Of The Seven Keys albums by Helloween! Of Michael The Archangel & Lucifer's Fall is a masterpiece!
24.06.2012 - 21:32
Radivoy
Written by Abel on 24.06.2012 at 17:04

Written by Radivoy on 22.06.2012 at 07:00

but why then wasn't this album putted under Luca Turilli's discography?????

I guess because he wanted to keep doing 'Rhapsody' style under the Rhapsody name, and perhaps he consider that his solo albums are different (maybe not at the beginning, but the last ones) so he created the new band "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody" .
Also Luca Turilli's Rhapsody has 3 members of Rhapsody of Fire (Patrice Guers, Dominique Leurquin and Turilli ofc), and Rhapsody of Fire remains with the others 3 members (Alex Staropoli, Fabio Lione and Alex Holzwarth), so it's more like they divided the band in two.
----
Sorry for the bad English writing :P
25.06.2012 - 19:56
Fredd
Account deleted
The intro track is the single cheesiest thing I've ever ever ever heard.
26.06.2012 - 16:31
Rating: 4
Jeeers
Written by neonxaos on 24.06.2012 at 09:27

I'm afraid I don't understand this at all... Cheesy does not even begin to describe it. The musicianship is obviously top notch... but the actual product is pure toe-curling circus musical metal. And yes, I realize I listen to bands that others would probably have similar opinions about, but... Ah well, tastes differ.

"Circus musical metal" describes this pretty well.
This is one crazy shit I must admit - shit covered in pink sugar and served by King of cheese riding pink unicorn while waving 80 lvl plastic sword.
I don't get it.
27.06.2012 - 05:10
Void Eater
Account deleted
My thoughts on the album
28.06.2012 - 19:08
Rating: 8
farfaramir
What's the problem with the drums in this albums? I mind, they don't even exist, at some points they dissapear behind everything else.

The rest of the album is great.
30.06.2012 - 01:19
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.06.2012 at 05:10

thing

same here
13.07.2012 - 12:04
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.06.2012 at 19:56

Perfectly sums this album up.
05.08.2012 - 21:39
Abel
I don't understand people, how can this album NOT be ones on the top list on 2012 best albums???

Hits total: 23005 | This month: 35