Metal Storm logo
21 More Death Metal Opuses (The Vndergrovnd Edition)

Hello to all you casual or hardcore metal listening folk. (I SWEAR YOU CASUAL CONSOLE GAMERS RUINED PC GAMING FOREVER!!!!one!1!)

Right, so... this is the sequel to my first and timeless list 11 Death Metal Opuses. But I always thought it had something missing... its arrogant, much more blasphemous, elitist older brother. So here it is, I bring you: 21 MORE DEATH METAL OPUSES! Why 21? CUZ IT'S 11+10 - which in some other world proves that Alex Jones was right! Hot damn.

Now we're cookin' with fire...

Created by: vezzy | 05.01.2012

1. Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
If you are a true death metal Antichrist crusader and haven't listened to this... I oughta disembowel you with a straight razor like in that old movie from the '20s starring God. What we have here is cult classic essential death that few have really matched.
2. Rottrevore - Iniquitous
You see that monster on the cover art? That's only half as fuckin' ugly as the music (no, wait, I mean that as a good thing! WAIT!)
3. Convulse - World Without God
Are you an aspiring death metal musician with a severe case of writer's block? Chances are, if you copy this album, you'll have released something much better than Chris Barnes has ever done.
4. Brutality - Screams Of Anguish
Who doesn't like quality Florida death metal? Besides those no good Manowar infidels, that is.
5. Thanatos - Emerging From The Netherworlds
Hold on there, Vezzy, you little runt! This isn't death metal, this is PURE FUCKING THRASH!... well I dunno and I don't really care (it's death/thrash if we go all genre commando on your asses), because this has one Earth-shattering tone.
6. Demilich - Nespithe
Self-explanatory.
7. Immolation - Dawn Of Possession
I'm running out of ideas, am I?
8. Nocturnus - The Key
Wait, I can feel the death entering my soul again! Yep, more Florida death, quite essential too. Even Alexi Laiho admits to having wet dreams about Nocturnus, only to fail miserably at even coming close to its vicerality. Less gay-sounding, more manly keyboards will come in handy, Alexi. Learn your shit.
9. God Macabre - The Winterlong
When people say Swedish death, most think of At the Gates and In Flames. I think God Macabre, Centinex and Grotesque (yes, Entombed, Grave and Dismember too, ffs). Sorry, Grossy, but not enough room for ya. This is pretty chilled though.
10. Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
The album that Euronymous was too afraid to admit he liked (probably because he died eight days later, the poor sap).
11. Cianide - The Dying Truth
Death/doom worth every dime, as far as my cheap, unemployed mind can be concerned. Child labour is serious business. Bonus mention: Asphyx - The Rack. We love ya, Martin.
12. Cancer - To The Gory End
If you want raw, unadulterated, no bullshit death metal - Cancer have something to say on the matter. A damn shame what they ultimately regressed into though.
13. Rippikoulu - Musta Seremonia
Only the deaf and the oversaturated, keyboard warrior-pussified powah metal lovers can detest this demo.
14. Sore Throat - Never Mind The Napalm Here's Sore
Woops, wrong list. Still, I'd much rather take Sore Throat over those sellouts, the Sex Pistols any day. I'd also swear myself a slave to punk (the crusty and grinding kind) than be a Japanese flower metal enthusiast weeaboo. Plus, this means we only have 20 albums after all! 11 + 9 = 20! 9/11 was an inside job, holy shit!
15. Merciless - The Awakening
You can't really blame EUROnymous (goes to show you about his political agenda) for signing these not really black at all dudes (indeed, they're white). Abrasive death-thrash slaughter.
16. Megaslaughter - Calls From The Beyond
This album goes down to -1 in the tuning department (is it C, G, B or Z, I'm no guitar expert, fuck that). Chainsaw garage mayhem.
17. Centinex - Subconscious Lobotomy
More Swedes. I think Puma Swede is an ugly whore though.
18. Cadaver - ...In Pains
Like a masochist getting flattened by a steamroller.
19. Eucharist - Mirrorworlds
Name a lesser known melodic death band. If you didn't say Eucharist, you just lost The Game. Thank you very much.
20. Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom
Despite the album title sounding like a lost '60s acid rock album, this is some damn fine death/doom. Spookin' rad, man. I shall now smoke a joint and potheadbang to this while time slows down to the gloom.
21. Miasmal - Miasmal
Because I'm such a nice troll-er, guy, here's a crusty Swedish death metal album that came out 2011. Great stuff, these guys know their history, I'd say. Kind of like those Katalysator guys I read about on Voices From The Darkside, who are decent musically, but nothing spectacular. Both know their history and the guys from Katalysator are even nice enough to be elitist pricks like me. AMERICA UBER ALLES! (oh and we actually do have 21 albums, dammit)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by vezzy ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 10   Visited by: 123 users
19.02.2012 - 05:45
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Found Sempiternal Deathreign through this... thank you for that kind sir
19.02.2012 - 11:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Alex F on 19.02.2012 at 05:45

Found Sempiternal Deathreign through this... thank you for that kind sir

Cool story bro.

I mean, no problem at all.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
19.02.2012 - 12:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Katalysator doesn't exist any more
You must mean Invidious, who released a great .ep. in 2011 which is better than Miasmal's self-titled
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2012 - 13:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.02.2012 at 12:50

You must mean Invidious, who released a great .ep. in 2011 which is better than Miasmal's self-titled

Yeah, I know that Katalysator disbanded. Haven't listened to Invidious' EP, will check it out some day. Thanks.
----
19.02.2012 - 13:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by vezzy on 19.02.2012 at 13:16

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.02.2012 at 12:50

Yeah, I know that Katalysator disbanded. Haven't listened to Invidious' EP, will check it out some day. Thanks.

they didn't disband, just changed their name it's the exact same band when it comes to band members. Compare it with Satan chaning name into Pariah
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2013 - 23:14
Lit.
Account deleted
Are you gonna make another list? Please?
27.01.2014 - 08:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 17.08.2013 at 23:14

Are you gonna make another list? Please?

I have no idea.
----
27.01.2014 - 20:58
Erik M.

Huh, that list photo seems way more black metal than death metal to me.
27.01.2014 - 21:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Erik M. on 27.01.2014 at 20:58

Huh, that list photo seems way more black metal than death metal to me.

----
27.01.2014 - 21:09
Erik M.

Written by vezzy on 27.01.2014 at 21:08

Oh...

Hits total: 3588 | This month: 8