Metal Storm logo
Sonisphere UK - Headliners And First Names Announced

The first names of this year's Sonisphere festival in the UK have been announced. The headliners will be KISS (only European performance in 2012), Queen, who performs their set with Adam Lambert on vocals, and Faith No More.

Other acts confirmed so far are: Within Temptation, Wolfmother, Evanescence, Tim Minchin, The Darkness, Flogging Molly, Lacuna Coil, Fields Of The Nephilim, Gojira, Katatonia, Ghost, Incubus, Refused, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Cypress Hill, The Blackout, Andrew WK, Switchfoot and I Killed The Prom Queen.

The fourth edition of the Sonisphere UK festival takes place in Knebworth, UK, from July 6-8. Tickets will be available at this location at 9am on February 23rd. For more information about the festival, visit http://sonisphere.co.uk.

Source: sonisphere.co.uk
Event:
Posted: 21.02.2012 by ArgoP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 115 users
21.02.2012 - 13:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Those headlining acts are amazing. I would love to go to this but the ticket price will probably be obscene.
21.02.2012 - 14:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2012 at 13:59

Those headlining acts are amazing. I would love to go to this but the ticket price will probably be obscene.

for Kiss, Queen and Faith No More? Kiss might have a fun show but lmusically they are terrible live, Queen is just a cover band nowadays in the vein of current Thin Lizzy. Only Faith No More could be any good here
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.02.2012 - 14:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Pathetic line up. Who are up? Queen with gay beef on lead..then Faith no More Switchfoot....Lacuna Coil.....really? really?.......really?!

Should have been better. May be wait for updates.
21.02.2012 - 14:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.02.2012 at 14:13

for Kiss, Queen and Faith No More? Kiss might have a fun show but lmusically they are terrible live, Queen is just a cover band nowadays in the vein of current Thin Lizzy. Only Faith No More could be any good here

Here we go again.. KISS have the best show of any rock band out there (aside from maybe Rammstein) and I even like how they sound (though I gotta agree Paul's voice is kinda lame).

As for the other two, I don't think I need to explain, I always wanted to see "Queen + " (with Lambert on vocals is an added bonus), and don't you take it away, because you don't know, what they mean to me. :p
21.02.2012 - 14:40
DelightfulJim

I'd give it a D+, Pleased with Faith No More, Gojira, Mastodon, Wolfmother and Refused but Manson and The Darkness and Kiss are woeful choices in my opinion.

It still has potential to improve, I think.

Also tickets will be like £200
21.02.2012 - 14:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2012 at 14:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.02.2012 at 14:13

Here we go again.. KISS have the best show of any rock band out there (aside from maybe Rammstein) and I even like how they sound (though I gotta agree Paul's voice is kinda lame).

Paul's voice is infinitely better than Gene's even though Paul also sound terrible live. And they are even sloppier live than sloppy black metal bands. if you have seen their show once that's more than enough. hell, Kiss got me into metal and I couldn't stand more than half an hour of them live. What also doesn't help is that their current guitar player isn't half the guitar player Ace Frehley is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.02.2012 - 14:50
Rulatore

The other countries have better line-ups
21.02.2012 - 20:44
Hughes

Queen cant go any lower than that i mean i just checked Adam Lambert in Youtube is he the same one ? if he is then fuck this shit im leaving this planet lol
21.02.2012 - 21:31
Anastasia

Hope this gets some updates. I'd really like to go to UK, but some bigger names should be included. I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert... and you can see WT and Evanescence on cheaper festivals and concerts too...
21.02.2012 - 21:43
Chidder

Queen should play more shows in Europe. Even with Lambert For me it is a great line-up
22.02.2012 - 02:40
DelightfulJim

Written by Anastasia on 21.02.2012 at 21:31

Hope this gets some updates. I'd really like to go to UK, but some bigger names should be included. I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert... and you can see WT and Evanescence on cheaper festivals and concerts too...

There will be loads more bands than just this, don't worry.
22.02.2012 - 13:57
Anastasia

Written by DelightfulJim on 22.02.2012 at 02:40

There will be loads more bands than just this, don't worry.

22.02.2012 - 14:14
Olli

Glad I bought a Download ticket now, I like faith no more and masotdon but that's about it. Oh and Tim Minchin is an awesome comedian but I'd rather see stand up comedy indoors.

Just remembered I Killed The Prom Queen, possibly one of the worst bands I've ever heard..
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
22.02.2012 - 15:53
Milena
gloom cookie

I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert...

Well let's just say Brian May's taste in modern music isn't all that good and leave it there I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers and it was one of the more emotional nights of my life, but I wouldn't wanna see them with Lambert.
----
7.0 means the album is good
22.02.2012 - 16:28
Hughes

Written by Milena on 22.02.2012 at 15:53

I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert...

Well let's just say Brian May's taste in modern music isn't all that good and leave it there I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers and it was one of the more emotional nights of my life, but I wouldn't wanna see them with Lambert.

Well even with paul rodgers they shouldnt be playing as Queen imo but way better than with Adam lambert still >.< They are so many more good singers that could fit the band right now like Jasper Steverlinck for example. Anyways still waiting to see the Greek Sonispheres bands
22.02.2012 - 16:47
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Hughes on 22.02.2012 at 16:28

Well even with paul rodgers they shouldnt be playing as Queen imo

Well, they didn't play as "Queen", but as "Queen + Paul Rodgers" I'm sometimes amused by fellow Queen fans, when they first wish for tours so Brian and Roger can keep the legacy of Queen alive, and then argue how it's disrespecting Freddie when B & R actually go out on tour under the name of Queen For me, seeing them was a childhood dream come true, really, and it definitely felt like "real" Queen that night, no matter who was on the mic. For someone born after Freddie's death, it was the closest I could get and I respect them for giving me that opportunity.
----
7.0 means the album is good
22.02.2012 - 23:07
Hughes

Written by Milena on 22.02.2012 at 16:47

Well, they didn't play as "Queen", but as "Queen + Paul Rodgers" I'm sometimes amused by fellow Queen fans, when they first wish for tours so Brian and Roger can keep the legacy of Queen alive, and then argue how it's disrespecting Freddie when B & R actually go out on tour under the name of Queen For me, seeing them was a childhood dream come true, really, and it definitely felt like "real" Queen that night, no matter who was on the mic. For someone born after Freddie's death, it was the closest I could get and I respect them for giving me that opportunity.

Never Said that the tour was bad with Paul Rodgers and the opportunity to see em was really great idd! And i guess the name thing is mostly personal opinion so lets just leave it there! Great taste in music though MoraWintersoul still !

Hits total: 1993 | This month: 4