Metal Storm logo
Drudkh - New Album Streaming Online

Eternal Turn Of The Wheel, the new album from Ukrainian black metallers Drudkh is currently streaming entirely at this location and will be available during one week. The album will hit stores this Friday, February 24th (March 13th in North America), via Season Of Mist. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Drudkh
Posted: 22.02.2012 by pisymbol

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 137 users
22.02.2012 - 19:49
Slayer666
Fucking boss, listening to it ASAP.
22.02.2012 - 19:57
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Looks like the correct opportunity to check out this band...
22.02.2012 - 20:05
@gent_-_orange
Written by Unhealer on 22.02.2012 at 19:57

This sounds like good album from what i'm hearing, But if your new to this band check out Autumn Aurora first, Its by miles there best record.
22.02.2012 - 20:27
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by @gent_-_orange on 22.02.2012 at 20:05

This sounds like good album from what i'm hearing, But if your new to this band check out Autumn Aurora first, Its by miles there best record.

Well, that streaming is not working for me so I will do that Thanks
22.02.2012 - 20:38
@gent_-_orange
Written by Unhealer on 22.02.2012 at 20:27

Well, that streaming is not working for me so I will do that Thanks

Same here actually, just stopped through the third song and will not work any more. I liked what I heard though, But those earlier albums are better.
22.02.2012 - 23:30
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
A return to their old sound, but a calculated one, so the music can't be on a par with their old classics. Still, I immensely enjoyed what I heard.
23.02.2012 - 00:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Colour-by-numbers black metal that offers about as many surprises as sex with your wife on your Golden Anniversary does. Should be swept under the carpet along with most other bands of this style. Certainly not worthy of carrying that album title, as if it lives up to the greatness of Forgotten Legends. If they sorted out that horrible guitar tone it might be a listenable album however.
23.02.2012 - 00:17
scaesura
Written by @gent_-_orange on 22.02.2012 at 20:05

Nope. Blood in Our Wells. Hell, I even like Microcosmos more, actually.

Regardless, I actually liked the album. Way, way better than Estrangement, and obviously destroys Handful of Stars. Despite whatever issues I have with it, I still enjoyed it enough to rank it just after Micro/BiOW/AA, in the tier with FL/Swan Road.
23.02.2012 - 00:28
Paz
elite
A very average album.
23.02.2012 - 00:42
Korah
Oh crap!
----
Don't cry for my English
23.02.2012 - 03:48
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 00:07

Colour-by-numbers black metal that offers about as many surprises as sex with your wife on your Golden Anniversary does. Should be swept under the carpet along with most other bands of this style. Certainly not worthy of carrying that album title, as if it lives up to the greatness of Forgotten Legends. If they sorted out that horrible guitar tone it might be a listenable album however.

I take it your not a fan of Drudkh?

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.02.2012 - 04:19
Rulatore
Seems ok to me
23.02.2012 - 08:18
The Turbanator
Nothing beats their Forgotten Legends album. That is one of the best BM record I've heard.

Also, are that them in the pic? I'm sure I read in a few places that they will never reveal themselves and all pics of them are fake.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
23.02.2012 - 09:03
Apatheria
Halfway through and I'm enjoying this. So far track 4 is the best on the record, but the formula is mostly the same track to track. The good news is that Drudkh's sound is still majestic and the atmosphere is very much intact. This will probably be one of the better records of the year.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
23.02.2012 - 10:42
Daniell
_爱情_
elite

Colour-by-numbers black metal that offers about as many surprises as sex with your wife on your Golden Anniversary does.

If you love your wife, the sex is still good.
23.02.2012 - 11:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

Whaaaat!? you are hating, mang. This is Drudkh using their old sound how they used their old sound. Their production has always varied album to album, let them do what they do. This sounds like another completely listenable album from them. Album title aside, because it's not as good as Forgotten Legends, this album is absurdly comparable to, Microcosmos.
----
Coldgrits
23.02.2012 - 12:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 23.02.2012 at 10:42

If you love your wife, the sex is still good.

Yes, in fantasy-perfect-la-la-land.
23.02.2012 - 13:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 23.02.2012 at 11:50

Whaaaat!? you are hating, mang. This is Drudkh using their old sound how they used their old sound. Their production has always varied album to album, let them do what they do. This sounds like another completely listenable album from them. Album title aside, because it's not as good as Forgotten Legends, this album is absurdly comparable to, Microcosmos.

The only thing this can be compared to is Swan Road, which was the first disappointment in the Drudkh discography. Microcosmos was their last solid and enjoyable affair for me and had a much more balanced sound as opposed to the unnecessarily fuzzy and overbearing tone on offer here. It sounds thin, fake and sterile.
23.02.2012 - 13:35
Urs Blank
Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 13:01

The only thing this can be compared to is Swan Road, which was the first disappointment in the Drudkh discography. Microcosmos was their last solid and enjoyable affair for me.

Indeed.

I hope this one will eventually grow on me but after 5-6 listens I dare say it's their worst release to date. Not pure crap but once again a major disappointment. I guess I just cease to have high expectations for this band. Each new album is a huge step down compared to their "golden age", i.e. from Forgotten Legends to Microcosmos.
23.02.2012 - 17:37
Oaken
Hipster

If they sorted out that horrible guitar tone it might be a listenable album however.

Exactly my thoughts. After two very focused listens, I can say it's a good album, but still nowhere as near as good as their first four. Nice atmosphere, but I agree about the bad guitar tone.
Written by Unhealer on 22.02.2012 at 19:57

Don't start with Eternal. Start with Autumn Aurora. I think it's one of the easiest-to-get-into black metal albums ever created.
Written by scaesura on 23.02.2012 at 00:17

Nope. Blood in Our Wells. Hell, I even like Microcosmos more, actually.

BioW might be their best, but AA is certainly their easiest to get into.
Written by -DC-002- on 23.02.2012 at 11:50

It's listenable, but like JOOH said, the guitar is very, very horribly fuzzy. Even fuzzier than on Forgotten Legends, their rawest album.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
23.02.2012 - 17:39
scaesura
Written by Urs Blank on 23.02.2012 at 13:35
Indeed.

I hope this one will eventually grow on me but after 5-6 listens I dare say it's their worst release to date. Not pure crap but once again a major disappointment. I guess I just cease to have high expectations for this band. Each new album is a huge step down compared to their "golden age", i.e. from Forgotten Legends to Microcosmos.

How in the hell is this worse than Handful of Stars? Or Estrangement? Those two were both absolutely awful. At least this by any respect is back to how they used to sound, which may sound tired to some, or average or whatever, but really...
23.02.2012 - 17:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by scaesura on 23.02.2012 at 17:39

Written by Urs Blank on 23.02.2012 at 13:35
Indeed.

How in the hell is this worse than Handful of Stars? Or Estrangement? Those two were both absolutely awful. At least this by any respect is back to how they used to sound, which may sound tired to some, or average or whatever, but really...

well I quite enjoyed Entrangement but did fin Microcosmos quite aweful and totally directionless and unfocussed and way too clean sounding. Handful Of Stars I enjoyed at first but now find horrible, just as Swan Road
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.02.2012 - 18:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by scaesura on 23.02.2012 at 17:39

Disagree, I find Estrangement to be far closer to their older sound than this album and like Marcel, I enjoyed quite a bit too. From what I'm listening do far, this is okayish and like Joe... There's something about the guitars I find very odd to say the least. Don't really like the vocals either.

Written by Boxcar Willy on 23.02.2012 at 03:48

I take it your not a fan of Drudkh?

What makes you say that? Just because he doesn't like a 3 of their albums?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.02.2012 - 18:37
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.02.2012 at 18:06

Don't really like the vocals either.

I think they're not raspy enough.
----
23.02.2012 - 19:33
Slayer666
Color-by-numbers it is indeed, but done well enough for me not care about that.

Nice job, Drudkh, definitively better than Estrangement at the very least.
23.02.2012 - 19:38
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Slayer666 on 23.02.2012 at 19:33

Color-by-numbers it is indeed, but done well enough for me not care about that.

Nice job, Drudkh, definitively better than Estrangement at the very least.

Can you tell me what's wrong with Estrangement? I've listened to Eternal and the first four albums so I'd like to know more about Estrangement before I listen to it.
----
23.02.2012 - 19:43
Slayer666
Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

Can you tell me what's wrong with Estrangement? I've listened to Eternal and the first four albums so I'd like to know more about Estrangement before I listen to it.

Well, nothing, really. It's a good album, but Drudkh's weakest (other than Songs of Grief and Solitude, but that doesn't count) if you ask me. Almost everyone disagrees with me on that one, though.
23.02.2012 - 19:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff

I personally don't find anything so wrong about it like some people do. It's just a solid but lesser version of their old stuff.
It's just this typical case of "If this was a release by a new band, it would have been really good but because it's Drudkh it's bad". Of their recent works, I find Estrangement one of the better ones... MUCH better than this album and Handful Of Stars.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.02.2012 - 19:53
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.02.2012 at 19:46

MUCH better than this album

Probably. I've only listened to "Only The Wind Remembers My Name" from Estrangement and it's quite good.
Written by Slayer666 on 23.02.2012 at 19:43

Well, nothing, really. It's a good album, but Drudkh's weakest (other than Songs of Grief and Solitude, but that doesn't count) if you ask me. Almost everyone disagrees with me on that one, though.

Thanks for the info.
----
23.02.2012 - 20:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:53

Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.02.2012 at 19:46

MUCH better than this album

Probably. I've only listened to "Only The Wind Remembers My Name" from Estrangement and it's quite good.

"Where Horizons End" is my favorite song from that album. I understand if some people don't dig the solo but I really liked it and found the overall feeling of the song quite epic.
----
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 3318 | This month: 10