Metal Storm logo
Search Box Problems

‹‹ Back to Bugs

Original post

Posted by , 27.10.2006 - 01:47
Here's the situation: I'm off to create a thread, and I wanted to know if there was another thread previously created. For this, I went to the search box. I typed in the query I requested and pressed search. There were no results, even though I typed in a commonly used world such as "metal". To retest this, I typed in the even simpler query of "link", and this is what came up:

There was nothing, no results to be found. Thinking that someone might have an answer to this, I created this thread. Have any of you encountered this same problem, and if so, could the admins be so kind as to fix it? Thank you, I'll be here all night.
16.10.2007 - 01:16
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by selken on 15.10.2007 at 21:34

Hey, I got the same problem, no filters, I just typed "metal" and didn't found anything

@staff ppl: try using my account, my mail and passwords has to be stored in the DB isn't it? if its ciphered, hashed or whatever I gladly would provide you to test it.

Could you please PM me with your password, I'll check. Though I'm 99% sure it's not the user account problem.
22.10.2007 - 16:53
selken
Irreligious
Written by Ivan on 16.10.2007 at 01:16

Written by selken on 15.10.2007 at 21:34

Hey, I got the same problem, no filters, I just typed "metal" and didn't found anything

@staff ppl: try using my account, my mail and passwords has to be stored in the DB isn't it? if its ciphered, hashed or whatever I gladly would provide you to test it.

Could you please PM me with your password, I'll check. Though I'm 99% sure it's not the user account problem.

Yep, your'e right, about that, Its a browser/PC problem.
I format my PC every 5 months, and yesterday I tried to search something and did actually worked.

====PEOPLE: A possible sollution====
Format your PC just kidding
Nope, seriusly, try clearing your cookies, maybe something you typed was not erased due to a browser crash or something, clearing the cookies must work, cause when you format your pc, you erase everything, including cookies , and basically that's what I did.
----
30.04.2008 - 17:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i didnt have any problems untill today. but today i have a problem that i cant search for forums. after i search for forums, it sais:

"No results found..."

but i asked baz and he said that he can search so i dont know why i cant search today.

PS:I entered MT with my other nick "blackgod" and searched the forums the intresting thing is that it works with that nick name so i think i have some problems with my id today.
04.05.2008 - 05:15
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 30.04.2008 at 17:52

i didnt have any problems untill today. but today i have a problem that i cant search for forums. after i search for forums, it sais:

"No results found..."

but i asked baz and he said that he can search so i dont know why i cant search today.

PS:I entered MT with my other nick "blackgod" and searched the forums the intresting thing is that it works with that nick name so i think i have some problems with my id today.

Try another browser, what are you using BTW?
----
04.05.2008 - 11:19
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by selken on 04.05.2008 at 05:15

Written by Guest on 30.04.2008 at 17:52

"No results found..."

Try another browser, what are you using BTW?

i use Opera 9.2 but the problem is not about opera. im filtered! if u read above good u will see that ive said:

04.05.2008 - 16:30
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 04.05.2008 at 11:19

i use Opera 9.2 but the problem is not about opera. im filtered! if u read above good u will see that ive said:

well, thats strange, I used to have the same problem, too, but by the time I formatted my PC the problem just gone, so I concluded it was a browser/cookies issue.

BTW you use Opera!!!!!! me too!!!!
----
04.05.2008 - 16:35
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by selken on 04.05.2008 at 16:30

well, thats strange, I used to have the same problem, too, but by the time I formatted my PC the problem just gone, so I concluded it was a browser/cookies issue.

yeah ! but the strangest thing is i can search when im not logged in! i dont think that the problem is from my pc but if u had this one too i dont know what sould i do:(
04.05.2008 - 17:50
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 04.05.2008 at 16:35

Written by selken on 04.05.2008 at 16:30

yeah ! but the strangest thing is i can search when im not logged in! i dont think that the problem is from my pc but if u had this one too i dont know what sould i do:(

it seems to be the cookies, try clearing your cookies, just delete the metalstorm.ee entry on Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Cookies>Manage Cookies
----
05.05.2008 - 19:36
Lord TJ

A scan wouldn't hurt anything either along with Selken's advice.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
16.05.2008 - 19:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i have explorer too but it doesnt work too-ive said that i can search without im ligging in !
27.05.2008 - 12:20
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
alright, i cleared the cookies, i even reinstalled my firefox (twice!), did a virus/bug scan whatsoever, and still, the searchbox for the forum still doesn't work, so it must be a bug or a problem on metalstorm, i can't figure it out.
27.05.2008 - 12:36
GT
Coffee!!
@FU: weird 'cause I've just used the search function and it works for me
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.05.2008 - 12:40
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
yeah i know it only fucks up by some people, i don't get it and it's annoying :/
29.05.2008 - 16:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.05.2008 at 12:40

yeah i know it only fucks up by some people, i don't get it and it's annoying :/

i know that its nit Virus or somthin cause i tried with another pc the problem is from MT's database. and its somthin like filter not anythin else i think.
29.05.2008 - 17:25
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
i hope they're working on it.
01.06.2008 - 11:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had thos eproblems now too non search keyword dont works
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2008 - 07:05
ASiema113

I don't know if anyone has mentioned or tried this but when I log off my user name & then try to do a search it seems to work. Where as if I would be logged in I would get no results, although it would be nice not to have to log out every time I need to search for something.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
04.06.2008 - 10:39
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by ASiema113 on 04.06.2008 at 07:05

I don't know if anyone has mentioned or tried this but when I log off my user name & then try to do a search it seems to work. Where as if I would be logged in I would get no results, although it would be nice not to have to log out every time I need to search for something.

OK, I think I finally located and fixed the problem. The search was only failing for users who had someone in their ignore list. Please check if it's working now.
04.06.2008 - 16:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 04.06.2008 at 10:39

OK, I think I finally located and fixed the problem. The search was only failing for users who had someone in their ignore list. Please check if it's working now.

knew that but i couldnt say that cause i was afraid to be ban
04.06.2008 - 17:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Quote:
Written by Guest on 04.06.2008 at 16:52

Why would you be banned for having someone in your ignore list? After all, Ivan implemented that option himself.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.06.2008 - 17:34
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Lucas on 04.06.2008 at 17:23

Written by Guest on 04.06.2008 at 16:52

Why would you be banned for having someone in your ignore list? After all, Ivan implemented that option himself.

cause ive ignored a staff, and if i wanted to say that the problem is cause of that (cause of igonre) no one would believe it, so i had to say that ive ignored "X - Staff" then maybe i wouldnt ban, but staff would hate me ! cause of blame thing!
04.06.2008 - 20:40
ASiema113

Written by Ivan on 04.06.2008 at 10:39

Yea, everything seems to be working fine when I last checked, thanks.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.