02. Dancer In The Dark
03. Queen Misery
04. Sea Of Emotions
05. Rapture Of Lust
06. Broken Days
07. Dear Carniwhore
08. Bed Of Dead Leaves
09. Autumn Harmony
10. Tomorrow Is A Closed Gate (Dead For So Long)

From Finland, the land of the eternal sorrow (or at least it seems so) comes For My Pain? a musical project from members of such great bands as Nightwish, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow and Kalmah. As you might figured out by now, they play Gothic Metal, I would say that this band falls in the same category of such bands like Charon, Entwine, HIM, Sentenced and To/Die/For, so if you absolutely hate any of this after mentioned bands, stop reading, this is not for you.
But if you do like Gothic Metal, come, let's enter the melancholic realm of For My Pain?

The good thing about this Gothic Metal Releases is that you can enjoy them with non-metal listeners, because the music is very accessible, to some people this is even considered metal, just pop rock or something like that, some of this songs could easily be a single o video in Mtv, but that's not the topic.

Back with the album, this is a really professional work, crystal clear production, nice arrangements , great vocals and musicianship. From the opener "My wound is deeper than yours" you know that you're up to a good trip with these guys.

The second song "Dancer In The Dark" is also a really good song, featuring some nice female vocals courtesy of Miriam Renvog of Ram-Zet. "Rapture of Lust" is another great song, very catchy, really good guitar line, the chorus sticks in your mind for weeks! I cant stop singing "I will take your heart because you took mine" "Broken days" is also a killer, but more melancholic, but if you're looking for a sad song to listen on a cold, windy day, listen "Bed Of Dead Leaves".

For My Pain? shows us that they can play top-quality Goth Metal, without sounding like a HIM or Sentenced clone, this definitively is one of the best records I heard this year, fans of Charon and Entwine, this is a MUST have!

Written by Undercraft | 08.10.2004

Guest review by
Milena
Rating:
When you look at the lineup of this band, the first thing you notice is that it's made almost exclusively of members of bands that have a certain gothic appeal. And before you attack me for not knowing my genres (I can already feel the "Nightwish is not gothic!"-slam on my face), let me rephrase myself: a certain part of people who are fans of those bands like to consider themselves as gothic, or are being considered as such by others. So, has this star lineup managed to give us the perfect gothic album? My thoughts are below, but remember - based on experience, mood and criteria, everyone can have his own.

Read more ››
published 09.04.2011 | Comments (5)

Comments

Comments: 14   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 119 users
27.10.2006 - 01:55
Rating: 9
BloodTears
ANA-thema
This album is almost perfect for me. I love it so much, every song on it. Im just sorry its the only one that this band ever released.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.11.2006 - 14:09
Abys
Account deleted
The song "broken days" is so great... I randomly chose this band to listen to because of it's name and i agree - they are a great band, and Broken Days is a killer!
29.03.2007 - 20:41
Bash'
:)
Queen Misery & Autumn Harmony are so catchy songs
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
13.07.2007 - 01:49
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Overrated band, I thought this album was very weak and a good example of finnish generic goth metal
----
11.08.2007 - 22:27
º HoSTiLe º

I personally enjoy listening to this band and this album is a relaxing one, who doesn´t like to relax and to dream with such fellings as love or sadness, we as human beings have plenty of different range of feel, so this album fullfill one part
----
- ? ?¤øØ )' ¦-¦Ö§±¦£ë '( Øø¤? ?
........StEpS_Of_SiLeNcE........
07.10.2008 - 23:41
Rating: 8
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
cant wait for the next album !!!!!!!!!!!!
09.10.2008 - 16:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Powerslavex on 07.10.2008 at 23:41

cant wait for the next album !!!!!!!!!!!!

since when will they release a new album?
----

My Instagram
09.10.2008 - 16:57
Rating: 8
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I meant i wish they realese there next album
09.10.2008 - 19:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Oh, but I'm afraid that won't happen anytime soon. The band has been inactive for quite a while now.
----

My Instagram
02.03.2009 - 09:14
Brave

"Autumn Harmony, Rapture of Lust, Sea of Emotions" my favourite songs from this album.
19.09.2009 - 11:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Irritable Ted on 18.09.2009 at 21:12

Will they ever release a new album, its been so long now, I'm not holding out much hope, not with the same line up anyway.

If you go to their website you see then don't post anything since 2006. And I don't think they ever will, unfortunately.
----

My Instagram
21.11.2009 - 14:36
Abattoir

Great album, definitely memorable for me.

Favourite songs: Rapture of Lust, Broken Days, Autumn Harmony.
19.12.2009 - 23:35
Cyroth

This album is perfect...love every song in it...i would rate it at 9.5
----
10.04.2011 - 18:10
Rating: 10
Shovite

Yeah, i love this album.... when I saw it at the store i buy it immediately xD !!! 10 points !!!

Hits total: 6936 | This month: 8