Theatre Of Tragedy
The Gathering
Macbeth
Flowing Tears

Total votes: 126
27.10.2006 - 04:43
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
well for me is After Forever ,excellent voclas and growls and the music is amazing too, the chorus and the violins and all that stuff is great , i think Decipher is the best Gothic Metal Almbum Ever Made

Mark Jansen Should Return To After Forever,
----
Stay Metal !!!
27.10.2006 - 05:28
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Very hard decision
Among these bands, I choosed Tristania, the 'most gothic music' I know, excellent vocals, excellent lyrics, awesome concerts, just seeing how Vibeke Stene dances in the stage... Though many of their songs are depressive, I still like this band because of their talent
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
27.10.2006 - 16:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote other, but just lil coment this list

Firts band from list what I like are

Paradise Lost - Bud first 4 albums and its death/doom metal and I dont listen them after style chganged

Sentenced - are only band what I like after style changed but still I liie death/coom albums

Then After Forever - I realy stick to this band last fiew days specely song ''The Eevil What Man Do'' banger2:

Then Flowiong Tears and Withered Flowers - It band real name and after vocalist left band thay change name but early music arev more gothic

Tristania - haha i like ''Widows Weed''

ToT - Doom metal ere whit Liv Cristin ist all what I listen

Never had licked The Gathering and Macbet

OTHERS:

Gothic metal are big gerne there are a lot of bands what are greatvand you forgot mention and since pool name are gothic band so here are

Dreadful Shadows, Zeraphine, , Scream Silence, Sopor Aeternus, Diorama, Diary Of Dreams, Deine Lakaien, , Agonoize, , Clan Of Xymox, The Frozen Autumn, those are some good gothic emotinal bands also Sisters Of Mercy

also great bands are Bessech

Gothic Doom:
Heavens Gray, Dis Pater, Desiderium, Atargatis, Luminaria, Cold Passion, Labirintis Noctis, Ador Dorath
Those are gothic doom bands what i lsietn

Gothic/Black

Siebenburger, Cradle Of Filth, Sadness(Swiss) Lunar Gate...
Hmm check her ein MS Italian abnd sthere are to good bands
Theatres des Vampires, Avec Tristea ager good too

Well in world are great and good gothic metal bands mosut comes from Austria, Romania, Germany, Italy, France, Hungary, Czech, Poland because of emotions and autumn and fielinsg and BOHEMIA
And dont forgit BeNiLux scene ist huge too also Sout America
Alos Asutarlia Virgin Black and USA scene are too,

Bands like Beeech, Shadowdances, Atargatis, darkwell, Dead Poets Society, Elis, Embraze, Myridas, Sacrivesrsu, Nighwish, and .......... many many more sorry I cant remeber all gothic bands what I had hear but what i mention those bands means much to me

BTW TYPE O NEGATIVE
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.10.2006 - 16:32
Dam3k
I suppose it's all aout "gothic" metal so I'll go with Paradise Lost from that list... although I prefer Crematory or Type O Negative but I'm gonna stricly follow that list
----

27.10.2006 - 17:51
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
According to me its Tristania By far I love their old stuff the more heavy songs like Angina....
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
27.10.2006 - 18:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dam3k on 27.10.2006 at 16:32

I suppose it's all aout "gothic" metal so I'll go with Paradise Lost from that list... although I prefer Crematory or Type O Negative but I'm gonna stricly follow that list

Man thank you Type o Negative are one of my fav bands but ist varius influencies and so great band and emotions realy amazining
----

apos;'
[image]
28.10.2006 - 00:04
Dam3k
Written by Bad English on 27.10.2006 at 18:08

Man thank you Type o Negative are one of my fav bands but ist varius influencies and so great band and emotions realy amazining

Ye^^ I only own the cd "bloody kisses" and it's pretty good, some thrash influences but with the gothic spirit!! It's amazing love them
----

28.10.2006 - 00:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dam3k on 28.10.2006 at 00:04

Written by Bad English on 27.10.2006 at 18:08

Ye^^ I only own the cd "bloody kisses" and it's pretty good, some thrash influences but with the gothic spirit!! It's amazing love them

I had all albums and Tribute(I made it) and I like bloddy kisses and World Comes down, ist werry good band and intresting I realy like those fielings and emotions
----

apos;'
[image]
28.10.2006 - 03:59
tulkas
el parcero
I voted other, specially because I didn't see Charon on the list, or Leaves' Eyes. Those would be 2 of my favorite goth bands, although Tristania and Flowing Tears wouldn't be too far behind
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.10.2006 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 28.10.2006 at 03:59

I voted other, specially because I didn't see Charon on the list, or Leaves' Eyes. Those would be 2 of my favorite goth bands, although Tristania and Flowing Tears wouldn't be too far behind

Hahaha i dont see Nighwish on the list too but seems ppl count it like Power metal even if its GOTHIC
Chareon - I hawent listen them so much so I dunno if its gothic or not and about Liv better replace them whit ToT
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2006 - 04:03
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Bad English on 28.10.2006 at 13:19

Written by tulkas on 28.10.2006 at 03:59

Hahaha i dont see Nighwish on the list too but seems ppl count it like Power metal even if its GOTHIC
Chareon - I hawent listen them so much so I dunno if its gothic or not and about Liv better replace them whit ToT

I haven't heard much from Theatre of Tragedy, just a couple of songs, so I wouldn't know, but I guess I'll check them out. Lately a lot of people have recommend it to me
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.10.2006 - 04:38
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Fans of "gothic" metal don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, but the answer is only one: The Fields Of The Nephilim... although due to the ridiculous concept of "gothic metal" this post can sound even off-topic
30.10.2006 - 16:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just forgot mention about Keltgar so good doom/gothic/dark metal band from Belgium I had 4 songs from HP and I realy enjoy them IMO they are 3th-4th best band from Belgium
----

apos;'
[image]
03.11.2006 - 05:51
Bitch Boy
I voted After Forever, though they're not gothic anymore, but from the bands in the poll, After Forever is the best without any doubt. I've explained several times my reasons for voting AF, from Floor's vocals to the amazing evolution of the band.

Written by Dreamwar_86 on 27.10.2006 at 04:43
Mark Jansen Should Return To After Forever,

No way!! AF has done ok without him.

@ Southern Wind: Fields of the Nephilim is a great band, but I don't think it's metal. Gothic rock in earlier times, and a bit electronic right now.
04.11.2006 - 16:04
Abys
Account deleted
I voted Theatre Of Tragedy, they're great! even though I would have voted Silentium if they were included.
04.11.2006 - 18:27
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Tristania.

They have been on the top of my fave bands for quite some years now and now that they're going down with their music it's like watching someone whom I really love die.
But otherwise Tristania's Beyond The Veil is a masterpiece, followed closely by Widow's Weeds.

Theatre of Tragedy then would come second close, another band I deepy admire and definately one of the best in the gothic metal scene, Velvet Darkness They Fear is a monumental album for this genre, embracing everything gothic metal represents.

The Gathering then is an amazing band, but not gothic metal at all. Same goes for After Forever.

Macbeth are nice from time to time, but there's something missing in their music....
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
06.11.2006 - 05:27
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Paradise Lost ovipously. They invented gothic metal.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.11.2006 - 14:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 06.11.2006 at 05:27

Paradise Lost ovipously. They invented gothic metal.

Ghahahhahhahaahahahahahahahahahhaahaha X100 Ghahahahahahhahaahahahaha

Hahahahhaha

man you make me lafing all day Paradise Lost was first band who play death/doom metal and Systers of mercy play faster how PL and there are no criteries who say that PL invated Gothic Metal

ToT was first band who use female vocalist in metal, also CoF can inveted it, so

gahahahhahahaha --> I still lafing
----

apos;'
[image]
06.11.2006 - 18:45
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I voted Tristania:
1st) It's a unique band, it's the first band who excites me in the deep, especially with "Beyond the veil"...
2nd) It's a still believable band... Theatre Of Tragedy destroyed theirselves with "Assembly" and "Musique",
also Paradise Lost are not the same...
3rd) for The Gathering or After Forever I would have voted only for the old albums, cause now they play different music (Experimental Rock and Symphonic Metal), though I love them anyway
4th) Here my favorite band is Sentenced, but they play Suomi
5th) My favorite gothic band is Lacrimosa, but I wanted to vote Tristania instead of "Others", cause I like also Tristania very much
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
10.11.2006 - 05:45
Lorien
Account deleted
Sentenced - because they are perfect
10.11.2006 - 15:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Moonspell, but maybe they doesn't count? Moonspell are really atmospheric
----
10.11.2006 - 23:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 10.11.2006 at 15:47

Moonspell, but maybe they doesn't count? Moonspell are really atmospheric

Why not, it counds but leiter Moonspel after 1995 or something and still its gothic/black, but who cares because its gothic subganre and so it counts

EDDIT I fotgot mention Tears Of Martyr from Isles Canarias
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2007 - 07:44
Arrwyn
It's a hard choice between After Forever and Tristania.

After Forever
This band is amazing for a lot of reasons. For one, they have one of the strongest female vocals in metal. Though, she's not entirely operetic like the others, rather, she's more rock influenced which spices up the music. That, and she has an incredible range.

Their keyboardist...well, keyboardists were amazing as well. They both pulled off fast leads and very rhythmic string ensemble; you can hear this in Emphasis.

Most of all, they kept up with their quality as soon as Mark left. Normally bands fall apart when one of the lead song writers parts ways but they seemed to have kept it up. They are really starting to catch back up in "Reimagine"

Tristania
It's hard to get bored of this band since they are very very progressive. I must have listened to the "Beyond the Veil" album over 100 times and I still listen to it like it's new. Vibeke, in my opinion, can beat Tarja hands down and can prove it when singing "Angina".

The violin breakdowns add a touch of spice as well. Too bad the keyboardist can't pull that off himself, however, he's still a really strong keyboardist who can pull some complicated chord progressions.

However, unlike After Forever, this band has seemed to fall miserably with the departure of Morten. I mean, they are recovering a little after Ashes, but other than that, I find their new material quite boring. Maybe it's because it's more doom influenced? I don't know...

I think I am going to stick with After Forever on this one. Though, I have yet to listen to their new self titled album.
27.01.2007 - 13:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
Where the fuck is Tiamat, half of this bands have not anything with gothic music, Type O Negative is one of the bands that made this genre, London After Midnight? You don't even put Sisters Of Mercy. I voted for other.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.01.2007 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 27.01.2007 at 13:43

Where the fuck is Tiamat, half of this bands have not anything with gothic music, Type O Negative is one of the bands that made this genre, London After Midnight? You don't even put Sisters Of Mercy. I voted for other.

Indeed Systers of Mercy ewery time I listen them I like them its good and amazing, also ToN are great and amazing band but Tiamat man it starts like Black then Death. then Doom ist comlicated about Tiamat
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2007 - 15:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
I know, but Tiamat is fuckin got for me, I just love their Goth/Doom periods, I know they had Black period but what about After Forever, you can't say that it is Goth, they have million different styles int their music and it is not goth as soon as you have girl who sing like opera spits on her. In that case Nightwish is gothic too, and Celtic Frost can be gothic then, they had song with opera vocals. Many pioneers of Goth never had fe-male in band, and all this staff about gothic-black genre of music, it is cool and I like it but you can't call it pure goth.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.01.2007 - 15:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 27.01.2007 at 15:02

I know, but Tiamat is fuckin got for me, I just love their Goth/Doom periods, I know they had Black period but what about After Forever, you can't say that it is Goth, they have million different styles int their music and it is not goth as soon as you have girl who sing like opera spits on her. In that case Nightwish is gothic too, and Celtic Frost can be gothic then, they had song with opera vocals. Many pioneers of Goth never had fe-male in band, and all this staff about gothic-black genre of music, it is cool and I like it but you can't call it pure goth.

I agree

I love first 4 Tiamat albusm whne thay still had hair so leither ok I can listen but its not for me

AF I garee its mor eoperatich. sahyphonic metal, IMO in beggining ppl call it gothic nevause it was something new but now and yea IMO real gothic arecwhit male vocals, whit female its calm music
----

apos;'
[image]
29.01.2007 - 04:33
DarkMistress
After forever: i´m really into this band, the lyrics are cool, i find a meaning in them, Floor´s voice is awesome, though they were kind of better when Mark was there

then:
Tristania: i listened Beyond the Veil and i was amazed, Vibeke´s voice is nice and the music was pretty "emotional" for me
The Gathering: they´re just too cool ^^ and i love the girl´s attitude (i can´t remember her name)
Macbeth: i need more songs from them, though, they get me a bit bored sometimes
----
Wait in fire
29.01.2007 - 13:28
arwestromen
I'm not really into goth but i have listen to some of it.
the best i've heard mst be 69 eyes and HIM.
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
30.01.2007 - 10:15
Larsson!
Account deleted
I pick Sentenced, because that and theatre of tradegy are the only bands of those that I like. But since I haven't heard that much from theatre of tradegy I picked Sentenced.