Metal Storm logo
Best Gothic Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 27.10.2006 - 04:43
well for me is After Forever ,excellent voclas and growls and the music is amazing too, the chorus and the violins and all that stuff is great , i think Decipher is the best Gothic Metal Almbum Ever Made

Mark Jansen Should Return To After Forever,

Poll

Whats the best gothic band out there for you and please explain why

Other...
Tristania
Paradise Lost
After Forever
Sentenced
Theatre Of Tragedy
The Gathering
Macbeth
Flowing Tears

Total votes: 126
17.02.2007 - 21:06
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Tristania and early Theatre of Tragedy by very faaar..!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
24.02.2007 - 03:26
Oracle
Orcinus
Tristania are one of my fav band because i like their style and i think Vibeke has a great voice
27.02.2007 - 21:36
Daru Jericho
Other. I think The Sins Of Thy Beloved from Norway are (were?) the best gothic metal band. I enjoy the symphonic element of their music, the erratic violin and the general gothic atmosphere they create. The lyrics may be bad and I don't approve of the female orgasms on Perpetual Desolation but the rest is just gold. A paradigm of gothic metal in my humble opinion.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

14.07.2007 - 15:11
gothvampire
Account deleted
i like theatre of tragedy
i like the first lineup when LivKristine is still the vocalist of the band
16.07.2007 - 18:15
HELLilac
At the moment - After Forever , Their latest album is amazing.
The best gothic metal album of all time - TRISTANIA-Beyond The Veil
----
AS SOON AS YOU'RE BORN, YOU'RE DYING..
16.07.2007 - 20:28
Hamird
Lieutenant
i voted for OTHERs ... coz i thing the most powerful band in gothic metal is MOONSPELL ...
17.07.2007 - 09:57
Damned-In-Black
Widow's Weeds is my favourite gothic metal album (and one of my all-time 5 fav albums of any genre), and Beyond The Veil isn't far behind, so Tristania get my vote by far. Second is possibly Draconian, and I believe they're still improving as a band - whereas so many others are going downhill (Sirenia, for example).
Trail of Tears also - Existentia is superb. And a somewhat different style but no less excellent, Virgin Black. Also love Sirenia, Moonspell, TSotB and many many others... but Tristania is definitely #1 for me.
18.07.2007 - 01:12
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Hey i thought Theatre of Tragedy was Death Melodic Metal or also called Atmospheric
never knew they were tagged as a gothic band
04.08.2007 - 20:30
Reverie
I selected Tristania, but I'm just talking about the older albums... It's sad that they were getting worse with each new album they made... Nad now, that Verbeke's gone, I don't think they'd still call Tristania ...
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
04.08.2007 - 20:33
Reverie
Written by Oracle on 24.02.2007 at 03:26

Tristania are one of my fav band because i like their style and i think Vibeke has a great voice

I agree with that
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
10.08.2007 - 06:42
selken
Irreligious
Moi dix mois - Japanese band try it!!!
----
21.08.2007 - 13:59
Infurnace
I'm not that much into Gothic Metal, but there is one band I like, in the scene. That one band is Epica. Their music is simply amazing, and the voice of Simone Simons is absolutely great! Too bad she isn't single anymore .
21.08.2007 - 21:37
Imraghil
In this list After forever, great voice and music. But the best is Epica, greater voice and greater voice. I've seen Epica live and about 2 months i gonna see them again.
28.08.2007 - 16:02
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I voted for Other. Moonspell are the best gothic band by far.
03.09.2007 - 06:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I voted 69 Eyes (other)...mostly because I dont listen to any other goth bands....even though the eyes have gone from punk n roll to goth rock to straight up glam rock.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.09.2007 - 12:44
Bash'
:)
From the list above, I went for After Forever.. Jansen's vocals are enough to vote for them

Though, I like the older stuff but the new are also still v.good to me..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
03.09.2007 - 17:32
Varegan
Hamranakara
the vision bleak is the best gothic metal.I love all bands of markus stock.and especial thisa one.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
09.09.2007 - 22:58
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I voted for The Gathering, although I dont consider them gothic metal.... Ok this is one of the best bands of that kind, I like both their early death/doom work and latter with Anneke, IMO their live album Sleepy Buildings is something that everyone should hear.
----
12.09.2007 - 05:53
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Other, Tiamat is my fav, with Pocket Sized Sun being one of the best songs recorded. ever.
14.10.2007 - 02:42
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
I didn't vote, I don't really like any of those bands. I'm not sure whicn one os the best, but my favourite is Within Temptation... If you consider them gothic metal
14.10.2007 - 11:37
Øyvind
Grave Digger
The Sins Of Thy Beloved. I like them best, at least until I find something I like more.
----
16.11.2007 - 02:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
From the poll, I guess Tristania's Widow's Weeds beats anything else, but my favorite goth band is Dreadful Shadows. Christian Death is an awesome goth band too, but Dreadful Shadows made the album, Estrangement, and it rules so hard. Sven is one of my favorite vocalists in metal.
16.11.2007 - 04:57
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Sentenced are like the only sort ov Gothic band i listen to soooo, that would explain why they get my vote
20.04.2008 - 19:05
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
moonspell , tiamat . u know these are best
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
20.04.2008 - 19:28
VPeter
most of those bands aren't gothic metal.
20.04.2008 - 21:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bad English on 06.11.2006 at 14:36

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 06.11.2006 at 05:27

Paradise Lost ovipously. They invented gothic metal.

Ghahahhahhahaahahahahahahahahahhaahaha X100 Ghahahahahahhahaahahahaha

Hahahahhaha

man you make me lafing all day Paradise Lost was first band who play death/doom metal and Systers of mercy play faster how PL and there are no criteries who say that PL invated Gothic Metal

ToT was first band who use female vocalist in metal, also CoF can inveted it, so

gahahahhahahaha --> I still lafing

WTF?... The album "Ghotic" By PL gave a fucking meaning to the whole gothic metal scene...
And Theatre of Tragedy being the VERY first band with growls and female vocals?.. NOW I'm laughing...
Maybe Gothic didn't use a lot of female vocals.. but they still did it in some songs of that album.. and it was for about 4 years before ToT...

PL didn't invented gothic metal.. that's right... but they created the roots.
I will vote Other... because I like so many bands from the gothic scene...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.04.2008 - 23:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.04.2008 at 21:41

Hahahahhaha

man you make me lafing all day Paradise Lost was first band who play death/doom metal and Systers of mercy play faster how PL and there are no criteries who say that PL invated Gothic Metal

ToT was first band who use female vocalist in metal, also CoF can inveted it, so

WTF?... The album "Ghotic" By PL gave a fucking meaning to the whole gothic metal scene...
And Theatre of Tragedy being the VERY first band with growls and female vocals?.. NOW I'm laughing...
Maybe Gothic didn't use a lot of female vocals.. but they still did it in some songs of that album.. and it was for about 4 years before ToT...

Paradise Lost - death/doom firts 4+1 album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.04.2008 - 23:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bad English on 20.04.2008 at 23:20

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.04.2008 at 21:41

Hahahahhaha

Paradise Lost - death/doom firts 4+1 album

and that doesn't mean that they couln't influence and created the roots of gothic [roots doesn't mean the whoooooole thing]
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.04.2008 - 23:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know but stull modern gothic are overated sorry flowing tears n withered flowers are AWSOME butflowing tears sucks, i love mid 90ties gothic
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.04.2008 - 23:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bad English on 20.04.2008 at 23:30

I know but stull modern gothic are overated sorry flowing tears n withered flowers are AWSOME butflowing tears sucks, i love mid 90ties gothic

In that case we're not so different.
I don't like nowdays gothic.. it's a bit... "plastic"? kinda commercxial I guees and there are soooooooooo many "gothic" bands that sounds really happy... and that's not gothic.. LOL
Old gothic kick so much ass...
I think that the most recent gothic that I stand is Virgin Black and Lacrimosa [ I don't really know if I can label it to gothic... but what the hell...]
----
Rod, let me love you.