Metal Storm logo
Justin Bieber

02.03.2012 - 08:58
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Well i have realized that it is more mainstream to HATE on Justin Bieber than to be a FAN of Justin Bieber.

Personally I gave up "hating" other music styles, as well as lifestyles in general, many years ago and Justin Bieber included. I realize that he makes bad music, looks like a fool and is a complete sell-out but why should I or any other person care? Is Justin Bieber really degrading your quality of life that much? Sure its a shame other musicians, that pour their soul into music get minimal recognition while Justin rakes in the millions. But would the world be better if Metal was more popular as Justin Bieber?

WE would lose our identity, we would lose what makes US unique, and the sheep would flock to metal and claim it as their own without truly feeling metal like we feel metal.

So yea Justin Bieber is pretty lame I know. But why not just make a couple jokes have a little laugh and brush it off and let bygones be bygones. We dont need to kill justin bieber and even if someone did another "artist" would just fill the void he left. After all this type of music has been consistently popular since the 70's: Disco 80's: Glam 90's: Boy Bands NM: Justin Beiber.

Let the sheep follow sheep and let us metalhead's remain the Goats. \m/

-AoD
----
pewpew.. gotcha
02.03.2012 - 11:21
Slayer666

I actually love Justin. "Baby" is a song most metal bands could only dream of writing.

<3
02.03.2012 - 14:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Are you gay?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.03.2012 - 15:06
vezzy
Stallmanite
Let us metalheads remain the goats blaming the scapegoats.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
02.03.2012 - 16:58
IronAngel

Nobody's been talking about Bieber for a long time now. Then you make a Captain Obvious topic about it telling us to get over it. I can totally see your point.

Also, did you seriously just compare New Wave (Blondie, Talking Heads, New Order, Elvis Costello) to Justin Bieber and 90s boy bands?
03.03.2012 - 00:13
Void Eater
Account deleted
There's an add telling me to vote for Justin Bieber for the Best Male Singer for the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards on this thread. He's good and all, but I think Cody Simpson is hotter??
03.03.2012 - 18:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 03.03.2012 at 00:13

Cody Simpson is hotter??

On a serious note, Michael Seater is much hotter

04.03.2012 - 09:54
Monolithic
♠♠♠
That kind of approach to Justin Bieber leads to...Hypocrisy.
07.03.2012 - 20:31
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Yeah, let him do whatever the wants.
He has money and chicks for... well, looking like a chick on music videos. So good for him if that is what he wants.
07.03.2012 - 20:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
You made a thread telling us to get over something.

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.03.2012 - 21:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2012 at 20:44

You made a thread telling us to get over something.

Just quoted you to say thank you for the pic. I actually laughed.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2012 - 21:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

or Muthafuckaaz

09.03.2012 - 05:32
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by IronAngel on 02.03.2012 at 16:58

Nobody's been talking about Bieber for a long time now. Then you make a Captain Obvious topic about it telling us to get over it. I can totally see your point.

Also, did you seriously just compare New Wave (Blondie, Talking Heads, New Order, Elvis Costello) to Justin Bieber and 90s boy bands?

I still ecounter "beiberhate"(lol) on a weekly basis. but i guess i should leave the get over it part out and simply state it as an opinion to take or leave.

And idk too much about New Wave to argue it so ill just take that out.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
09.03.2012 - 19:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.03.2012 at 05:32
I still encounter "Bieber hate" (lol) on a daily basis.

Fixed for accuracy, both factual and grammatical.
----
10.03.2012 - 04:53
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Bieber is like a benign tumor in today's popular culture, not really harmful in anyway but uncomfortable enough to warrant people wanting to have it cut out.
10.03.2012 - 05:09
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Eh... Anyway, I never cared about this girl.
10.03.2012 - 18:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 10.03.2012 at 05:09

Hahaha, you are so funny! That's the most original joke I have ever heard! KUTGW! 10/10! ENCORE!
----
10.03.2012 - 22:04
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 10.03.2012 at 18:41

Written by Guest on 10.03.2012 at 05:09

Hahaha, you are so funny! That's the most original joke I have ever heard! KUTGW! 10/10! ENCORE!

I will look totally retarted now, but what does "KUTGW 101/10 ENCORE" means? I'm not used to understand all those modern internet language...
10.03.2012 - 22:30
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AngelofDeth on 02.03.2012 at 08:58

Personally I gave up "hating" other music styles, as well as lifestyles in general, many years ago and Justin Bieber included.

D'ya really think there'd be any Bieber fans in this forum? I don't listen to his music and I doubt there's any people here who do. You just created a forum for people to discuss how awful Bieber is. With lots of sarcasm and spam. You should've been wiser than that. We'd have one garbage thread less.

On the other hand, I understand you wanted to point out how brainless it is to write shit bout Bieber without even knowing why. I consider his music empty and awful and I understand it may have a detrimental effect on young peoples' minds (probably has). They showed some Bieber fan club members on the TV and it was painful for me to see/hear those children. I had an impression they were mentally handicapped. I hope they get over it one day and become normal people who like to listen to normal music. Other than that, I don't think bad of Bieber. He's just a naive kid who was exploited by the music industry.

I have an impression that "hating" something has always been a fad. At the moment it's a fad to hate Bieber and Twilight (among metal heads, at least.) Some time ago it used to be a fad to hate emos (remember the "fun pic" featuring a viking assaulting an emo kid with an axe.) Some more time ago it used to be a fad to hate subcultures and minority nationalities (you know, because everyone was saying they looked bad/smelled bad/had STDs/were stupid/lazy/etc). The sole difference is that when today people write "I want to see Bieber's head on a spike", "Emos should be dismembered" etc on the internet, then some decades/centuries ago people really did those things that youngsters nowadays only write about. I know that many would say "But I didn't mean it!" but one should dig that saying/writing about hurting someone is the first step on a ladder that leads to a lot worse things.

If hating someone is a fad, then something must be really wrong with the humanity...
10.03.2012 - 22:54
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2012 at 20:44

pic?

The picture made me laught a lot!
10.03.2012 - 23:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ernis on 10.03.2012 at 22:30
If hating someone is a fad, then something must be really wrong with the humanity...

You must be new to the world.

Hating someone has been a fad since as long as I can remember.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.03.2012 - 23:28
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.03.2012 at 23:02

You must be new to the world.

Hating someone has been a fad since as long as I can remember.

Then why hasn't anyone ever asked the question "Could we manage without that particular fad?"
Actually this has been asked. But it didn't end well for the one(s) who asked that question. But it's a good question and still deserves to be asked.
10.03.2012 - 23:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ernis on 10.03.2012 at 23:28
"Could we manage without that particular fad?"

No. Human nature wouldn't allow it. Some people can do without particular fads, but the majority of the civilized world requires something like Justin Bieber - whether for positive or negative purposes.
----
10.03.2012 - 23:38
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 10.03.2012 at 22:04
I will look totally retarted now, but what does "KUTGW 101/10 ENCORE" means? I'm not used to understand all those modern internet language...

Your grammar is atrocious, my good man, so yes, you do look retarted [sic].

KUTGW = Keep Up The Good/Great Work (in your case, great)

10/10 = Do I have to explain number ratings to you?

Encore = ...well, it's an encore, lad.

[in other words, I was mocking your unoriginal and unfunny comment]

As for this whole hate thing, humanity needs scapegoats. We have to blame someone for what we perceive to be the downfalls of our society. Not enough people are listening to the new MEGA UNDERGROUND Children of B0dawm album? KILL JUSTIN BIEBER!!!111!!one!!!

It used to be the Jonas Bros. a couple of years ago.
----
11.03.2012 - 00:27
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.03.2012 at 23:30

No. Human nature wouldn't allow it

Reminded me of "I only eat hamburgers. It's the only food I like. My nature doesn't allow me to eat anything else but burgers." If one says "This thing cannot be done better because human nature doesn't allow this." Then it can logically be considered a weakness. Weakness is not a good thing. That implies that human nature itself is one big weakness. Weaknesses are meant to be overcome, thus people should start thinking about overcoming that so-called comfy thing called "human nature" that justifies all kinds of shit people constantly do.

Written by vezzy on 10.03.2012 at 23:38

[in other words, I was mocking your unoriginal and unfunny comment]

Ny, his gramma wasn't that hard to dig at all, mite. If ye look past the one missin "s" and a few spell in miss tykes, oy could sight saul wright...

Other than that, the comment was hardly unoriginal. I could say that reading a 6th century Latin inscription can be a lot more comprehensible than "KUTGW 101/10 ENCORE", that's why I completely understand the comment.
11.03.2012 - 05:19
R'Vannith
ghedengi

I suppose you could say that hate for pop culture icons like Bieber are just as much fads as the piece of pop culture in question. Although it may be a fad at some point I don't doubt that such hate also stems from elsewhere other than what the 'in-thing' is.
11.03.2012 - 05:40
Void Eater
Account deleted
Seriously though, hating on Justin Bieber is so entry level. It's what 14 year old's do when they get into the latest deathcore band, and think that they're so knowledgeable about music because they listen to stuff that is less popular. Then they grow up and realize that hating a kid because you're jealous of him is pretty dumb. And for the record, I am mad jelly of Biebs, kids got mad swagger.
11.03.2012 - 06:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 11.03.2012 at 05:40
And for the record, I am mad jelly of Biebs, kids got mad swagger.

And money, and a pretty hot bitch*.

* She's legal, right?
----
11.03.2012 - 06:49
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.03.2012 at 06:41

Written by Guest on 11.03.2012 at 05:40
And for the record, I am mad jelly of Biebs, kids got mad swagger.

And money, and a pretty hot bitch*.

* She's legal, right?

Pretty sure, but I'm still 17 so even if not it doesn't matter.
11.03.2012 - 06:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'd still hit it.
----