Comments: 5   Visited by: 425 users
02.03.2012 - 18:26
Rating: 8
Pelagial

Great old school album
21.05.2013 - 15:26
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

Perhaps it's because of the fact that 'Fireball' came after the monumental 'In rock', but I just can't quite get into this album the same way I could with other Purple albums such as 'Machine head' or 'Burn'. The vocals on this seem to me quite weak in comparison to the previous album, yet the instrumentation is still more-or-less top notch. Lord's keyboard interludes on the title track and 'The mule' are as eccentric as ever, and Ritchie Blackmore's varied guitar style offers a few surprises here and there. The album I think could have done without the so-so 'Anyone's daughter' and 'Mule' just seems to be too simplistic for its own good, but generally this is another example of why Deep Purple were one of the most promising Rock bands of the 70s.
22.05.2013 - 19:28
Rating: 9
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
One of my favourite Deep Purple albums. It's musically more varied than the albums it's sandwiched between, and "Fools" is a Top 3 Purple song.
30.12.2018 - 00:29
SebaRaven36

This is a must have for any hard rock fan. This is a lot different than other Deep Purple albums. It has a more funky feel to it I think. Especially with songs like No One Came. The title track is the best on the album, I also love Fools.
16.06.2020 - 15:22
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
It's a strong album, I see it could be stronger, but definitely it's pretty amazing. There's not really anything negative to say about it, except for the two songs that I'm usually skipping as being a little bit worse than the other material.

I'm enjoying the title track, Demon's Eye, Anyone's Daughter, Fools and No One Came.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 9617 | This month: 22