03. Stop Me
04. March Of The Crabs
05. Jackhammer
06. Heatsink
07. Tag Team
08. Scenery
09. Tease Me, Please Me
10. 666

This is everything metal is and should; if you don't have this record in your collection then you're not a true metal head. Metal On Metal is the sound of heavy metal and just as important as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden or Motörhead. When you listen to this album you will know the true meaning of metal. Whether it's killer riffs, guitar solos or sick drum beats Anvil will deliver it to you. They have a great sound it, reminds me of early Judas Priest records but heavier.

The lyrics are great and the vocals blend with the rest of the band nicely. They have all the heavy metal lyrics you would expect from songs like ''Metal On Metal'', ''Jackhammer'', ''Tease Me, Please Me'' to ''666''. Definitely not the greatest singer I have ever heard but he fits in nice with the songs and does a damn good job.

I would rate this up there with all the early Judas Priest and Iron Maiden records. I love the riffs on this album and all the solos and great drumming. The songs that really stood out on this album where ''Metal on Metal'', ''Stop Me'', ''Jackhammer'', ''Scenery'' and ''666''. So if you are a fan of heavy metal bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden or Motörhead you can't go wrong with this album. If this were stolen I would hunt the person down that stole it and murder them with an anvil and if it was lost I would without a doubt buy it again.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Written by | 03.03.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Guest review by
DayFly
Rating:
Along with Accept and Manowar, Anvil were one of the last heavy metal bands to surface before thrash hit the scene. And like Accept and Manowar, Anvil released a landmark classic metal album in 1982. Unlike Accept and Manowar, following said landmark release Anvil's reputation never exceeded the status of a cult favourite. Whether the reason was bad timing, bad label support or bad luck, it sure as hell could not have been bad music.

Read more ››
published 15.02.2009 | Comments (4)

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 39 users
04.03.2012 - 00:48
s7mon
s7mon
....aaaand you give it merely 7.8?
05.03.2012 - 00:49
sbgmetal

05.03.2012 - 00:58
Opan
Account deleted
I gave 7.8 because average vocals and production. I love this album a lot but, that because I gave best words but be honest 7.8 is solid mark. Thanks
30.08.2017 - 01:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I agree, its classic and I think if you like metal, you should have this in your collection.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2462 | This month: 5