Style: Heavy metal

Owners:

748 have it
66 want it

Disc I
01. Titanic Overture
02. Invisible Boy
03. Arena Of Pleasure
04. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
05. Gypsy Meets The Boy
06. Doctor Rockter
07. I Am One
08. The Idol
09. Hold On To My Heart
10. The Great Misconceptions Of Me
11. The Story Of Jonathan [limited edition bonus]

Disc II [limited edition]
01. Phantoms In The Mirror
02. The Eulogy
03. When The Levee Breaks [Led Zeppelin cover]
04. The Idol [acoustic version] [live]
05. Hold On To My Heart [acoustic version] [live]
06. I Am The One [Live at Donnington 1992]
07. Wild Child [Live at Donnington 1992]
08. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue) [Live at Donnington 1992]
09. I Wanna Be Somebody [Live at Donnington 1992]
10. The Invisible Boy [Live at Donnington 1992]
11. The Real Me [Live at Donnington 1992]
12. The Great Misconceptions Of Me [Live at Donnington 1992]

Top 20 albums of 1992: 2
Top 200 albums of all time: 39
Featured in "Getting Into: W.A.S.P."

Guest review by
DayFly
Rating:
Generally regarded to be W.A.S.P.'s finest work, "The Crimson Idol" is a conceptual rock opera by a musician who once celebrated sex, drugs and hedonism like few others out of the L.A. glam scene. "The Crimson Idol" is not merely about style and appearance as often accused, for drama and theatrics belie surprisingly ambitious and unique compositions. A major difference to most metal concept albums, though quite common among operas, rock or no, is the album's use of leitmotifs. For instance, the famous extract "love to shelter me" represents the protagonist's recurring desire for his parent's acceptance. The leitmotifs do not, however, take up more space then necessary as all of the songs, save perhaps for the introducing medley of seIected "Idol" riffs amply named "The Titanic Overture", work quite well on their own.

Read more ››
published 11.04.2009 | Comments (17)

Found in 51 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 41   Visited by: 1093 users
15.02.2020 - 20:42
Rating: 10
Metal Rasputin

A perfect concept metal album, not just the music, but the story and the lyrics and... pretty much everything. Every song here is a classic and some of the best the band has ever recorded. Only few metal bands have ever managed to make an album this flawless.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
15.02.2020 - 22:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metal Rasputin on 15.02.2020 at 20:42

A perfect concept metal album, not just the music, but the story and the lyrics and... pretty much everything. Every song here is a classic and some of the best the band has ever recorded. Only few metal bands have ever managed to make an album this flawless.

Word of the wise man even my fav is dying for the Word this is an killet
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.02.2020 - 22:44
Metal Rasputin

Written by Bad English on 15.02.2020 at 22:33

+1. Dying for the World is most definitely among their best. It's amazing how much good stuff Blackie and the boys have been able to put out over the years.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
16.02.2020 - 04:11
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Never cared much for this one. I only ever spin Chainsaw Charlie.

The Headless Children is their true crowning achievement.
16.02.2020 - 09:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metal Rasputin on 15.02.2020 at 22:44

Written by Bad English on 15.02.2020 at 22:33

+1. Dying for the World is most definitely among their best. It's amazing how much good stuff Blackie and the boys have been able to put out over the years.

Best for me, Yes Kill fuck die was bad and last 2 albums, others are awesome. I saw band live 3 Times..... Well blackie once said that if you wanna puss, and your Dick smells as bad pussy
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2021 - 13:16
Rating: 9
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Amazing album, that's good enough to rival Operation Mindcrime, a concept album which showed W.A.S.P. are not just your typical sex, drugs and metal glam band, they have alot more to offer, with songwriting like this, and "Chainsaw Charlie" is an unbelievable song.
27.01.2022 - 13:30
antvre

I never paid attention to the lyrics of this album. today i did, and boy is it depressing
28.01.2022 - 00:49
nikarg

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 11.12.2021 at 13:16

Amazing album, that's good enough to rival Operation Mindcrime, a concept album which showed W.A.S.P. are not just your typical sex, drugs and metal glam band, they have alot more to offer, with songwriting like this, and "Chainsaw Charlie" is an unbelievable song.

I have always compared it to Savatage's Streets because the story is similar and they came out roughly at the same period. I love both albums to bits.
28.01.2022 - 06:49
Rating: 9
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by nikarg on 28.01.2022 at 00:49

I have always compared it to Savatage's Streets because the story is similar and they came out roughly at the same period. I love both albums to bits.

That's an album I keep meaning to listen too. I'm into the whole concept thing.
21.04.2023 - 17:10
Gag reflex

W.A.S.P. at its finest moment.
----
'The thoughts of dead babies
Wiped away with my semen'
13.07.2023 - 03:44
A Real Mönkey

I never bothered with this one as much as the previous few (Headless Children FTW), but man Chainsaw Charlie absolutely fucking rocks my socks off. That tone change when Charlie introduces themself gives me chills to this day.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire

Hits total: 26276 | This month: 73