Metal Storm logo
Searching for new black/death metal bands.

07.03.2012 - 07:58
darkgoddess666

I was curious to see if anyone had any suggestions for underground, outstanding bands that are either in the symphonic/melodic, folk or industrial genre. I am really open minded as far as production quality and lyrical themes go. Some examples of bands i really enjoy are Carach Angren, Sear Bliss, Windir, Nokturnal Mortum, Gehenna, ID:vision, Dark End, Abused Majesty, Aborym, Tristwood.....I could go on.

Anyways, suggestions or help would be appreciated.
----
¯'?.?´¯) (¯'?.?´¯)
*'?.¸(¯'?.?´¯)¸.?´
¤ º° ¤'?.¸.?´ ¤ º° ¤ ?.¸¸.?´¯
07.03.2012 - 19:59
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Well, hi underground girl.

You can check out Godflesh for some industrial, If you haven't yet.
07.03.2012 - 20:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
It's hard to suggest underground bands to fans of underground music because typically fans of underground music tend to know how to search for their next experience, meaning most of what we suggest you'll either already know about or won't be interested in.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.03.2012 - 01:51
darkgoddess666

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2012 at 20:32

It's hard to suggest underground bands to fans of underground music because typically fans of underground music tend to know how to search for their next experience, meaning most of what we suggest you'll either already know about or won't be interested in.

Yeah..That is very true, but thats why I try to specify that i am trying to expand my collection. I'm definitely seasoned as far as my music collection goes, but i guess the point of this post was to see what other people had to offer because I'm sure that there are people out there that know about bands/artists that i don't. Lets just say that I didn't exactly mean underground, i just didnt want people suggesting stuff like cradle of filth and dimmu borgir and all those other generic bands.
----
¯'?.?´¯) (¯'?.?´¯)
*'?.¸(¯'?.?´¯)¸.?´
08.03.2012 - 02:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by darkgoddess666 on 08.03.2012 at 01:51
Yeah..That is very true, but thats why I try to specify that i am trying to expand my collection. I'm definitely seasoned as far as my music collection goes, but i guess the point of this post was to see what other people had to offer because I'm sure that there are people out there that know about bands/artists that i don't. Lets just say that I didn't exactly mean underground, i just didnt want people suggesting stuff like cradle of filth and dimmu borgir and all those other generic bands.

Well, in that case I guess you should look into the following (if you haven't already):

Agrypnie
Cor Scorpii
Dark Fortress
Illnath
Kampfar
Pantheon I
Shade Empire
Vreid
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.03.2012 - 02:06
darkgoddess666

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.03.2012 at 02:01

Written by darkgoddess666 on 08.03.2012 at 01:51

Well, in that case I guess you should look into the following (if you haven't already):

Agrypnie
Cor Scorpii
Dark Fortress
Illnath
Kampfar
Pantheon I
Shade Empire
Vreid

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of all except Agrpnie and Kampfar. Not a fan of Illnath though.
----
¯'?.?´¯) (¯'?.?´¯)
*'?.¸(¯'?.?´¯)¸.?´
08.03.2012 - 04:02
Branzig

I already made a post on here about him, but not many people seem to be feeling the need to check him out....so I'll rep him here too!

I'm really digging Dodsferd right now. He is am underground one man Black Metal project from Greece and putting out some of the best black metal that I have heard in a long time.

Hrzig is pretty good too...but he may not be your cup of tea.
----
In Grind We Crust
08.03.2012 - 04:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
In addition to what Branzig said, you should check out Moribund Cult and Frostscald Records - two labels/distros that specialize in underground black metal. Moribund features more occult/raw black metal acts while Frostscald takes on more atmospheric/melodic acts.
----
08.03.2012 - 05:22
Branzig

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.03.2012 at 04:05

In addition to what Branzig said, you should check out Moribund Cult and Frostscald Records - two labels/distros that specialize in underground black metal. Moribund features more occult/raw black metal acts while Frostscald takes on more atmospheric/melodic acts.

I live about 15 miles from Moribund Records main office! Both Dodsferd and Hrzig are signed to Moribund. It's one of my fave labels and I find it to be one of the best places to find new, influential acts.
----
In Grind We Crust
08.03.2012 - 05:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Branzig on 08.03.2012 at 05:22
I live about 15 miles from Moribund Records main office! Both Dodsferd and Hrzig are signed to Moribund. It's one of my fave labels and I find it to be one of the best places to find new, influential acts.

Lucky! They've got a really sweet distro there and their roster isn't too shabby either. I recognized the names from albums I reviewed sent by Nate a while back... the only problem I had with the label in time was finding the ability to describe so many underground/blasphemous/raw/occult black metal releases.
----
08.03.2012 - 05:31
Branzig

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.03.2012 at 05:27

Written by Branzig on 08.03.2012 at 05:22

Lucky! They've got a really sweet distro there and their roster isn't too shabby either. I recognized the names from albums I reviewed sent by Nate a while back... the only problem I had with the label in time was finding the ability to describe so many underground/blasphemous/raw/occult black metal releases.

Yeah, the building's cool, all the people that work their are really chill and super nice. I like it because they're all so down to earth there. I also got to meet Krohm while I was checking out some vinyl in their store there.

They are the kings at finding the best that the underground has to offer!
----
In Grind We Crust
08.03.2012 - 05:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Well fuck if I'm ever in the States I know where to go.
----
08.03.2012 - 05:41
Branzig

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.03.2012 at 05:36

Well fuck if I'm ever in the States I know where to go.

Yep, Port Orchard Washington haha...The black metal capitol of the Pacific Northwest
----
In Grind We Crust
09.03.2012 - 04:59
Branzig

Written by hacienda on 09.03.2012 at 04:29

Wow i like it..thanks for sharing!
PINOY365 | HOME REMEDIES| CORAZON ANG UNANG ASWANG FULL MOVIE

Like what? Dodsferd?
----
In Grind We Crust
09.03.2012 - 10:15
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
For folk, you could try Darkest Era. Their first album was out last year and was nominated in the awards here.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
09.03.2012 - 19:00
DJ Mythos

The query is not specific enough to provide any meaningful suggestions, but I can think of a number of bands that are deserving of attention, so I'll just promote them: Absurd Universe, Acerbus, Algophobia, Antediluvian, Ares Kingdom, Ars Moriendi, Arsonist Lodge, Aurvandil, Avzhia, Blaspherian, Blazemth, Bloody Sign, Bone Awl, Bonjour Tristesse, Bornholm, Brilliant Coldness, Celestia, Cosmic Atrophy, Dalriada, Diocletian, F-Minus (punk), Father Befouled, Fides Inversa, Insane Vesper, Insect Warfare, Intestine Baalism, Into Oblivion, Japanische Kampfhorspiele, Kartikeya, King's-Evil, Loits, Midnight Odyssey, Mitochondrion, Mor, Morta Skuld, Mussorgski, Mutant Supremacy, Natron, Necros Christos, Obscure Infinity, Obsequiae, Okkultokrati, Osculum Infame, Regurgitate, Rippikoulu, Sale Freux, Sanguis Imperem, Sigrblot, SubRosa, !T.O.O.H.!, Teitanblood, Thy Catafalque, Torture Division, Truppensturm, Vangheld, Vastum, Verdunkeln, Wombbath, Xibalba, Zlata Svarga.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

Miasmic anti-modern metal.
09.03.2012 - 21:36
Hendrikse
Account deleted
How about Manegarm?

Discovered them after getting a shirt by them off a deal on a website (4 for £10 - shit was so cash). Very very good Folk/Viking Metal.
10.03.2012 - 15:11
Ikuinen

Frostseele - German Black metal band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r24xMbGeJ8

I also made a youtube top 10 about Progresive black metal bands..... Maybe there are some bands you would find interesting ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstVPNum_RM
10.03.2012 - 15:32
Branzig

My friend just turned me on to a group called Behimiron, its...interesting haha. Definitely lo-fi, like the vox's were recorded in a hallway closet with a Playschool hand held recorder lo-fi...haha. I don't know if I care for it too much, but it might be up your alley of super underground acts.
----
In Grind We Crust
12.03.2012 - 06:40
darkgoddess666

Written by M C Vice on 09.03.2012 at 10:15

For folk, you could try Darkest Era. Their first album was out last year and was nominated in the awards here.

I checked out Darkest Era. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something without clean vocals. I'm currently trying to search for something similar to draugr, garleben, or even belenos. Its been really difficult for me to find any good blogs lately, all that i come across have mostly doom/atmospheric type black metal. Not exactly my cup of tea.
----
¯'?.?´¯) (¯'?.?´¯)
*'?.¸(¯'?.?´¯)¸.?´
12.03.2012 - 06:43
darkgoddess666

..also, I am checking out the other bands that were suggested. I appreciate the feedback.
----
¯'?.?´¯) (¯'?.?´¯)
*'?.¸(¯'?.?´¯)¸.?´
12.03.2012 - 14:01
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Not that I know a great deal about Black metal but try Hades, Nazxul and perhaps Klabautamann or Potentiam.
26.03.2012 - 14:01
edgethrasherx

Fleshgod Apocalypse is pretty badass, they are a symphonic/tech death band. Check out "The Violation" on youtube and see if you like them.
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine