Metal Storm logo
Procrastination thread

12.03.2012 - 07:22
whatsacow
This is the thread for those people who should be doing something, be it work, study, cleaning etc. but can't be bothered. Simply, just talk about what you are procrastinating, why you are procrastinating, or just avoid the topic altogether :p

Remember, if its worth doing, you probably should avoid it until the last minute.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
12.03.2012 - 11:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
I have been procrastinating a lot in the past month or so.

I did all my schoolwork yesterday just so I could wake up early today and surf them internets and whatnot. Fuck yeah strategy.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
12.03.2012 - 13:19
Sophist
I'm trying to find a subject for a paper, and I should be writing another one, I haven't picked up a book to study for almost a month.
12.03.2012 - 14:14
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
A thread just for me? You shouldn't have! Starting the new uni year is proving quite the effort this time around.
12.03.2012 - 17:09
Branzig
I should be on the road right now heading across state, but instead I am on this damn forum. There is a snow storm coming through the mountains right now too, so I may really pay dearly for this particular procrastinating. haha.
----
In Grind We Crust
12.03.2012 - 18:53
BreadGod
Account deleted
I should be writing this novel I've had in my head for a long time, but I keep getting distracted by metal, video games, and hot anime chicks.
12.03.2012 - 23:40
Branzig
Written by Branzig on 12.03.2012 at 17:09

I should be on the road right now heading across state, but instead I am on this damn forum. There is a snow storm coming through the mountains right now too, so I may really pay dearly for this particular procrastinating. haha.

I did pay dearly. Now I can't make it to my destination today at all due to the storm...Guess now I will procrastinate about un-packing...haha
----
In Grind We Crust
13.03.2012 - 12:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm pretty lazy overall, but it's mostly when it comes to stuff to do around the house, and it's more apathy than anything else.
13.03.2012 - 17:18
Edmund Fogg
I should be writting my books/comic books projects, study for my uni exam and write a couple of reviews (french), but instead I keep on coming back to this site or play with my girl. Some passions are hard to put aside.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
13.03.2012 - 18:01
Branzig
I should be pooping right now, but instead I am eating nachos and drinking coffee.
----
In Grind We Crust
14.03.2012 - 09:50
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
When I'm in dire need to do something for school or the house, I mostly make elaborate plans to do anything else instead, and I'm so successful in it, that I completely persuade myself what I'm doing is of greater importance than what I should be doing. Only in retrospect I see I was just procrastinating in a very creative manner

Otherwise, when I SAY I'm procrastinating (I show my awareness of it), I'm mostly just lazy, just like 90% of people are. And I'm annoyed that all of a sudden (us) lazy people have a fancy new label to attach to that behavior instead of just admitting their laziness.
----
7.0 means the album is good
14.03.2012 - 15:35
Sophist
On top of the 2 papers, I gotta pick a subject a make a presentation for it and again I have no idea what to choose since so many things seem interesting in that course (ethnic groups and nations).
14.03.2012 - 18:56
Branzig
I even procrastinate over things that I want to do. I really feel like writing some new tracks for my album right now, instead I am just drinking coffee and reading up on the latest news.

Then I'll probably play some video games.

Then maybe I'll pick up my damn guitar.

Fuck Me.
----
In Grind We Crust
14.03.2012 - 20:32
arwestromen
I whould've gone to the gym...but I can do that tomorrow....or the day after that
BTW I got my MS t-shirt to day
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
14.03.2012 - 20:50
whatsacow
Procrastinating writing this fucking book review for english literature.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
14.03.2012 - 20:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Took me nearly three days just to fucking comment in here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.03.2012 - 05:54
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I should be sleeping right now but I'm going to procrastinate on that one.
15.03.2012 - 10:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by whatsacow on 14.03.2012 at 20:50

haha, I remember in college I used to be the epitome of laziness. I used to study only for the biggest exams and nothing else. God knows how many homeworks and projects I did on the fly or forgot about due to Elder Scrolls III, Civilization, Facebook etc.
15.03.2012 - 14:18
whatsacow
Written by Valentin B on 15.03.2012 at 10:02

Written by whatsacow on 14.03.2012 at 20:50

haha, I remember in college I used to be the epitome of laziness. I used to study only for the biggest exams and nothing else. God knows how many homeworks and projects I did on the fly or forgot about due to Elder Scrolls III, Civilization, Facebook etc.

Yes... fucking civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
20.09.2018 - 16:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
You guys ever procrastinate your own hobby?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.09.2018 - 19:58
Zap
Written by Karlabos on 20.09.2018 at 16:26

Yes.

...ugh

EDIT: Actually I bought one of those build your own guitar kits about two years ago and am still not finished.
20.09.2018 - 21:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Zap on 20.09.2018 at 19:58

Written by Karlabos on 20.09.2018 at 16:26

Yes.

...ugh

EDIT: Actually I bought one of those build your own guitar kits about two years ago and am still not finished.

It's funny. Nowadays I see myself almost never procrastinating actual work. My chores are all on time (except for house chores but that's ok) But I keep postponing my hobbies by web browsing and such.

Unless I decide to get a new hobby. It becomes interesting in the beginning but when I start getting used to it then I start procrastinating it again until I decide to move to other and so on...

This way I never really get good at anything :3
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.09.2018 - 22:08
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Karlabos on 20.09.2018 at 21:43

It's funny. Nowadays I see myself almost never procrastinating actual work. My chores are all on time (except for house chores but that's ok) But I keep postponing my hobbies by web browsing and such.

Unless I decide to get a new hobby. It becomes interesting in the beginning but when I start getting used to it then I start procrastinating it again until I decide to move to other and so on...

This way I never really get good at anything :3

That's exactly how I am too. I also have such a narrow sense of self that I literally hate myself for not getting good at anything and I hate myself even more for not being consistent with my favorite hobby (bitching onli... I mean "making in-depth video game and movie reviews" and being distracted by other hobbies (guitar, piano, violin, drawing manga).
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
28.10.2018 - 21:01
Zap
Written by Zap on 20.09.2018 at 19:58

Actually I bought one of those build your own guitar kits about two years ago and am still not finished.

I did eventually finish the guitar and it came out preeetty nice.

24.07.2020 - 09:35
Metal_Mikey
I'll finish this post later.