The original post

Posted by Cynic Metalhead on 12.03.2012 at 19:37
Back again on with this new thread.

Previously followed from here.

Page 24 of 24

Kennoth

27.09.2014 at 18:48
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.09.2014 at 20:54

The only subject my classroom mates use to get freak about was Math. They sweat, cram every formulaes and burn sleeping hours in night and then when exam paper dropped on their table; they fail.

However, I didn't have problem with Dx/dy or inferential equations. If I get stuck on some question, I use to got to the answer using other formulaes or by different methods. Look, Math is objective subject where you can't go wrong if your base is darn strong. This is the only subject where you can come up with your own solution and get to the answer.

That's all nice and well, but I have often had professors demanding math problems to be solved by only their method of choice.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
ANGEL REAPER

27.09.2014 at 19:44
Written by Kennoth on 27.09.2014 at 18:48

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.09.2014 at 20:54

The only subject my classroom mates use to get freak about was Math. They sweat, cram every formulaes and burn sleeping hours in night and then when exam paper dropped on their table; they fail.

However, I didn't have problem with Dx/dy or inferential equations. If I get stuck on some question, I use to got to the answer using other formulaes or by different methods. Look, Math is objective subject where you can't go wrong if your base is darn strong. This is the only subject where you can come up with your own solution and get to the answer.

That's all nice and well, but I have often had professors demanding math problems to be solved by only their method of choice.

and if you guys thought math is bad you never saw programming/engineering exams : basically everything is in same time correct if it works and correction since it is not the way how professors look at it Luckily i had more open minded professors,bur there were some who were just to damn ignorant when it comes to problem solving .
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Deadgirl

29.09.2014 at 05:11
Low: It was actually yesterday, but it was sort of a low point of my weekend.. my neighbors were harassing my roommate for a while. She asked them to stop yelling and screaming on the landing outside our living room because she was studying for an exam she has on Monday. They had set up a table that was blocking our front door so they could play beer pong because there was a football team. They didn't move, so she called the management office and made a complaint about them, and the on-call manager came and told them all to leave. Then they started yelling insults at our door (directed at my roommate) and trying to intimidate her. Eventually (after like half an hour of this) they finally left.
As for me, I had already asked them to keep it down a little before my roommate got involved. They were screaming and at first I thought it sounded like someone was being attacked. XD I heard all of this happening from inside my room, with the door closed, with a fan on, while listening to music, while playing a video game. The volume was pretty impressive...

High: I got this today:

Now I just need to convince people to play it with me... ^^
----
Remember that you are mortal.
ANGEL REAPER

29.09.2014 at 19:08
High:So i just finished writing my diploma exam thesis.
Low:So ...its getting colder here.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Kennoth

29.09.2014 at 22:33
High: They finally sprayed mosquitoes. Ah, that sweet smell of toxic pesticide.

Low: College continues to stress me out. Also, I failed spectacularly in today's job interview.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
Deadgirl

Today at 00:49
Low: I really wish that my syntax prof would teach the class one way to draw syntax tree diagrams and just stick with it. Last week's homework instructions were to draw trees with complementizer phrases and inflection phrases (in which branching is maximally binary), but only if we were "comfortable" with using them. The the lecture earlier this week was entirely about ways to justify doing it the other way, with instead an "aux" node or "I" node (which allows a third branch off of the topmost node for inflection/auxiliaries/etc, which is basically a cop out).
He also has us draw determiners as specifiers of the noun phrase, which doesn't really make sense and makes the homework that he assigns us out of the textbook extremely impractical.

High: Once I finish the syntax assignment for tomorrow, I don't have any work due again until next Tuesday. @_@
----
Remember that you are mortal.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]

Login or register to post here.