Back again on with this new thread.

Previously followed from here.
07.06.2014 - 23:23
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Karlabos on 07.06.2014 at 23:07

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2014 at 23:02

Written by Karlabos on 07.06.2014 at 22:57

Something seems inconsistent...

what? the fact that i have finished attending lectures but still have exams to pass ?

Oh, you're right. It seems I quoted the wrong part

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2014 at 20:37

High: no more school for me
low:i have exam in Monday morning

There you are. Now it's inconsistent xD
Unless you do your exams online, of course

i dont have classes as lectures you are obligated to attend ..exams here starts weeks after the classes have ended ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
25.06.2014 - 00:52
Slayer666

Written by deadone on 24.06.2014 at 08:23

High point: Not many high points when you spend a lot of the time on the crapper arse pissing.

You could have used that time to indulge in some quality literature, though...
25.06.2014 - 01:28
Slayer666

Written by deadone on 25.06.2014 at 01:22

That goes without saying. I read a compilation of Dean Koontz short stories and a book by Peter Straub (Lost Boy Lost Girl).

I was thinking more along the lines of the back of a shampoo bottle, but sure, that works too... xD

I'm only mentioning this because I've read one of my favorite books while on a crapper, sick with stomach flu. Good times, good times.
16.07.2014 - 17:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yesterday I had to go to the american consulate to solve some visa matters. The closest consulate is in another city which happens to be like... 6 bus hours (with good luck) from mine.
However the guys want me to go to another place in the same 6 hour away town a day before, just to take a photo and fingerfuckingprints. So I had to go there a day earlier and find a place to stay.
So I ended up waking on monday like 5am, arrived there about 11 or so, spent another hour on the subway to arrive to the place where they take the prints, where I had to wait for like two hours or so just in the end to take a photo for like two minutes. =)
Then as every damn hotel on that town is expensive as f*ck, I had this brilliant idea to go and spend the night at my brothers, which is just one and a half hour far.
The next day I had make this little trip back and also spend another hour on the sub to go to the consulate, and I arrived somewhat early, like in the noon. I thought: "Oh, I'm gonna solve this and after I have lunch". Really. I stayed there waiting in the line until fucking 16:30 until it finally was my turn.
Then since there wasn't even a clue of a restaurant nearby I had to get the subway back to the bus station to eat something there, where they literally served the worst freaking sandwich I ever ate.
Then to complete, there wasn't bus back to my town before one hour and a half, so I had to keep waiting until it was 19:00 to take one. I ended up arriving on my town like 2am because of traffic.

The only high point of the day was those 2 minutes I was talking to the attendant when it finally was my turn.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.07.2014 - 17:30
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Karlabos on 16.07.2014 at 17:15

The only high point of the day was those 2 minutes I was talking to the attendant when it finally was my turn.

22.08.2014 - 10:19
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
High: Looking forward to my 30th party tomorrow and getting everyone together once again (a rare thing)!

Low: I was thinking today how i literally have zero metalhead friends in my area except for my ex. I miss having someone to share music with!
22.08.2014 - 12:08
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
The ASADA shit with the Sharks might be over now. Most players have accepted the plea deal. Not sure if it's good or bad yet, have to wait and see if there's any follow up.

Written by deadone on 14.08.2014 at 07:22

High: Stunning winter day out there. It's sunny without a cloud in the sky and the perfect temperature - a very warm 14 degrees Celsius.

So Tassie gets the sunshine while its been raining all day here in the sunshine state?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
22.08.2014 - 15:36
JD
Account deleted
Hight: Preparing the stuuf for my camping trip to Portugal next week.

Low: I have a stomack pain and a lot of gases.
22.08.2014 - 16:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Have you found anyone for the threesome?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.08.2014 - 16:34
JD
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 22.08.2014 at 16:24

No. Wanna join?
22.08.2014 - 16:36
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 22.08.2014 at 16:34

Written by Karlabos on 22.08.2014 at 16:24

No. Wanna join?

Can't. I need to go to USA next week
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.08.2014 - 16:39
JD
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 22.08.2014 at 16:36

Can't. I need to go to USA next week

Meh, I would prefered a girl anyway or a goat.
27.08.2014 - 21:16
Kennoth

High: I found out that I have a job interview tomorrow.

Low: I'm still fucking around instead of studying.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
04.09.2014 - 07:35
FOOCK Nam

High: I'm a bit excited of a vigilant business I think I'm gonna start. Currently, huge problems and affairs over the world and inside nam society.. Internet have huge news loads of information and cases, courts incident, legal events, happens in nam, I really want to put some embedment of my comments and debating on below such stuff but afraid of being traced by government servers.. If I say bad thing of government and society, it is not safe for me. The point is just I want to hide my identity of the device. I thinking of using wifi public but I don't know cell phone, ipad or laptop is safer ? Can my device be traced etc.. I wondering and contemplating..
18.09.2014 - 18:28
Kennoth

Low: I spent the entire night studying for an exam, and then when I decided to doze off for an hour I overslept and missed it.
----
18.09.2014 - 21:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Kennoth on 18.09.2014 at 18:28

Low: I spent the entire night studying for an exam, and then when I decided to doze off for an hour I overslept and missed it.

Touché.

I was never a guy who studied all night and gave exams in morning sitting like a fatigue child who's physically present but mentally absent in the examination hall. I use to nail my exams getting up at 5 in the morning, studied til 8 and then give my exam in 10-1 slot. Afternoon I take rest, evening hang around with friends and then scrutinize some major study notes before I hit the bed. It's been routine procedure for several years and I always performed fantastically.
19.09.2014 - 00:25
Kennoth

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.09.2014 at 21:00

Touché.

I was never a guy who studied all night and gave exams in morning sitting like a fatigue child who's physically present but mentally absent in the examination hall. I use to nail my exams getting up at 5 in the morning, studied til 8 and then give my exam in 10-1 slot. Afternoon I take rest, evening hang around with friends and then scrutinize some major study notes before I hit the bed. It's been routine procedure for several years and I always performed fantastically.

Well what can I say, I'm a moron, and this time it backfired on me. I just can't physically force myself to start studying earlier (boring and retarded subject matter also doesn't help), so I end up doing all-nighters and not really accomplishing anything with it.
----
25.09.2014 - 06:16
Deadgirl

It's been so long since I was even remotely active here, I don't think I know anybody in these threads anymore... Hi anyway.

Low: I had a migraine for most of the day, which blows because Wednesday is the longest day of my week (things to do at uni from 8:30am - 5pm, then homework for approximately 4765468354035034 hours after that). Also I have syntax homework due tomorrow and I don't want to do it.

High: Eventually, after I took a bit more than the recommended dosage of some regular-type over the counter pain pills, my headache became more bearable. And I feel like I may have had some sort of revelation about what sort of life goal I could aim for after graduation, and/or a possible thesis topic (after I do some further reading on the issue). I always find it fun to feel a specific motivation pf some sort to learn about things.
...Still don't want to do the syntax homework, though.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
25.09.2014 - 09:29
ANGEL REAPER

i have a rule,i dont study on last day before exam i may just revisit notes of formulas but not more than hour or so at that day ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
25.09.2014 - 19:08
Deadgirl

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.09.2014 at 09:29

i have a rule,i dont study on last day before exam i may just revisit notes of formulas but not more than hour or so at that day ...

I always just set like 7 alarms to go off at 5 minute intervals starting about 45 minutes or so before I need to leave to get there on time, whether I plan to sleep before an exam or not. XD
----
26.09.2014 - 01:36
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Deadgirl on 25.09.2014 at 19:08

I always just set like 7 alarms to go off at 5 minute intervals starting about 45 minutes or so before I need to leave to get there on time, whether I plan to sleep before an exam or not. XD

never had problems with that ... i mean i was always relaxed on exams and days before them ...i think that is the key
----
26.09.2014 - 02:58
Deadgirl

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.09.2014 at 01:36

Written by Deadgirl on 25.09.2014 at 19:08

never had problems with that ... i mean i was always relaxed on exams and days before them ...i think that is the key

Haha, fair enough. I do eventually get to a point of just giving up on studying anymore, and then I just tell myself that I've done all I can and it'll turn out the way it turns out. But overall, I can't relax right before an exam, even when I'm not in any danger of failing it to begin with.
----
26.09.2014 - 13:26
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Deadgirl on 26.09.2014 at 02:58

Haha, fair enough. I do eventually get to a point of just giving up on studying anymore, and then I just tell myself that I've done all I can and it'll turn out the way it turns out. But overall, I can't relax right before an exam, even when I'm not in any danger of failing it to begin with.

yeah ,well i have seen a lot of people failing exams they could pass otherwise just because they were too nervous or not so confident.I mean even if i am wrong or dont know the question i always try to talk myself out by using reasonable arguments . It works most of the time
----
26.09.2014 - 16:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I don't understand how most ppl become nervous before exams. I know that it has a value for the grading system and all, but well... If you study enough to understand the subject then you can relax. If you know how to do the questions on the exam, alright. If you don't, well... Then you can't do anything about it... Simple like that. No need to be nervous

I think I never got nervous to do such things. Even when I presented my dissertation I was calm. =P

By the other hand I may get too confident though... Sometimes I look at the question and think "Hey this is easy, just do this". And when I deliver the test I think again and it turns out to be wrong lol
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.09.2014 - 18:44
Deadgirl

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.09.2014 at 13:26

Written by Deadgirl on 26.09.2014 at 02:58

yeah ,well i have seen a lot of people failing exams they could pass otherwise just because they were too nervous or not so confident.I mean even if i am wrong or dont know the question i always try to talk myself out by using reasonable arguments . It works most of the time

You're right that it's a problem. Personally, I've never failed an exam for that reason. I also have to admit that as I've gotten older, my anxiety level during exams has lessened somewhat.

Written by Karlabos on 26.09.2014 at 16:26

I don't understand how most ppl become nervous before exams. I know that it has a value for the grading system and all, but well... If you study enough to understand the subject then you can relax. If you know how to do the questions on the exam, alright. If you don't, well... Then you can't do anything about it... Simple like that. No need to be nervous

I think I never got nervous to do such things. Even when I presented my dissertation I was calm. =P

By the other hand I may get too confident though... Sometimes I look at the question and think "Hey this is easy, just do this". And when I deliver the test I think again and it turns out to be wrong lol

In my case, I think I become nervous simply because I'm kinda neurotic in general. I'm not the type of person to not study and not know the material well, but i get nervous when I have to perform specifically so that someone can judge me. I think I'll be nervous during final exams this semester because I find the topic of one of my courses sort of difficult. (Then again, when I took that subject as an undergrad I thought so, and I actually did extremely well in the course and on the final, so... who knows? It could go any way.)

What was your dissertation about?
----
26.09.2014 - 20:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The only subject my classroom mates use to get freak about was Math. They sweat, cram every formulaes and burn sleeping hours in night and then when exam paper dropped on their table; they fail.

However, I didn't have problem with Dx/dy or inferential equations. If I get stuck on some question, I use to got to the answer using other formulaes or by different methods. Look, Math is objective subject where you can't go wrong if your base is darn strong. This is the only subject where you can come up with your own solution and get to the answer.

Anyway, count me in as one confident bloke who gave all his exams stress free.
26.09.2014 - 22:23
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Deadgirl on 26.09.2014 at 18:44

What was your dissertation about?

Math =P
Namely we did a numerical method for finding all roots of a polynomial of any degree
----
- Reimu Hakurei
27.09.2014 - 04:46
no one
Account deleted
Low - just read a whole lot of off topic crap about exams
27.09.2014 - 06:13
Deadgirl

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.09.2014 at 20:54

Math is objective subject where you can't go wrong if your base is darn strong. This is the only subject where you can come up with your own solution and get to the answer.

In some areas of linguistics, you actually can come up with "your own" solution. An analysis of a data set for an assignment/exam typically will earn full points even if your conclusion about the language is wrong overall, as long as it accounts for all the data in the set. It's happened to me on multiple occasions. XD

Written by Karlabos on 26.09.2014 at 22:23

Math =P
Namely we did a numerical method for finding all roots of a polynomial of any degree

Oh jeez, no wonder you're so chill. You're an actual smart person. I've just mastered the art of tricking most of the people around me into thinking I'm smart. XD

Anyway,
High: It's friday

Low: Just read a pointless bullshit post of some guy bitching for no reason. ^^
----
27.09.2014 - 06:54
no one
Account deleted
Written by Deadgirl on 27.09.2014 at 06:13

Low: Just read a pointless bullshit post of some guy bitching for no reason. ^^