High And Low Points Of Your Day-II

Original post

Posted by Cynic Metalhead, 12.03.2012 - 19:37
Back again on with this new thread.

Previously followed from here.
27.09.2014 - 18:48
Kennoth

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.09.2014 at 20:54

The only subject my classroom mates use to get freak about was Math. They sweat, cram every formulaes and burn sleeping hours in night and then when exam paper dropped on their table; they fail.

However, I didn't have problem with Dx/dy or inferential equations. If I get stuck on some question, I use to got to the answer using other formulaes or by different methods. Look, Math is objective subject where you can't go wrong if your base is darn strong. This is the only subject where you can come up with your own solution and get to the answer.

That's all nice and well, but I have often had professors demanding math problems to be solved by only their method of choice.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
27.09.2014 - 19:44
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Kennoth on 27.09.2014 at 18:48

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.09.2014 at 20:54

The only subject my classroom mates use to get freak about was Math. They sweat, cram every formulaes and burn sleeping hours in night and then when exam paper dropped on their table; they fail.

However, I didn't have problem with Dx/dy or inferential equations. If I get stuck on some question, I use to got to the answer using other formulaes or by different methods. Look, Math is objective subject where you can't go wrong if your base is darn strong. This is the only subject where you can come up with your own solution and get to the answer.

That's all nice and well, but I have often had professors demanding math problems to be solved by only their method of choice.

and if you guys thought math is bad you never saw programming/engineering exams : basically everything is in same time correct if it works and correction since it is not the way how professors look at it Luckily i had more open minded professors,bur there were some who were just to damn ignorant when it comes to problem solving .
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
29.09.2014 - 05:11
Deadgirl

Low: It was actually yesterday, but it was sort of a low point of my weekend.. my neighbors were harassing my roommate for a while. She asked them to stop yelling and screaming on the landing outside our living room because she was studying for an exam she has on Monday. They had set up a table that was blocking our front door so they could play beer pong because there was a football team. They didn't move, so she called the management office and made a complaint about them, and the on-call manager came and told them all to leave. Then they started yelling insults at our door (directed at my roommate) and trying to intimidate her. Eventually (after like half an hour of this) they finally left.
As for me, I had already asked them to keep it down a little before my roommate got involved. They were screaming and at first I thought it sounded like someone was being attacked. XD I heard all of this happening from inside my room, with the door closed, with a fan on, while listening to music, while playing a video game. The volume was pretty impressive...

High: I got this today:

Now I just need to convince people to play it with me... ^^
----
Remember that you are mortal.
29.09.2014 - 19:08
ANGEL REAPER

High:So i just finished writing my diploma exam thesis.
Low:So ...its getting colder here.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
29.09.2014 - 22:33
Kennoth

High: They finally sprayed mosquitoes. Ah, that sweet smell of toxic pesticide.

Low: College continues to stress me out. Also, I failed spectacularly in today's job interview.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
02.10.2014 - 00:49
Deadgirl

Low: I really wish that my syntax prof would teach the class one way to draw syntax tree diagrams and just stick with it. Last week's homework instructions were to draw trees with complementizer phrases and inflection phrases (in which branching is maximally binary), but only if we were "comfortable" with using them. The the lecture earlier this week was entirely about ways to justify doing it the other way, with instead an "aux" node or "I" node (which allows a third branch off of the topmost node for inflection/auxiliaries/etc, which is basically a cop out).
He also has us draw determiners as specifiers of the noun phrase, which doesn't really make sense and makes the homework that he assigns us out of the textbook extremely impractical.

High: Once I finish the syntax assignment for tomorrow, I don't have any work due again until next Tuesday. @_@
----
06.10.2014 - 21:17
ANGEL REAPER

High: Was to city,saw some of my friends again.
Low:I have 12 hours to fix my second draft of diploma thesis if i am to graduate in a week.An night without sleep is ahead!
----
07.10.2014 - 02:14
no one
Account deleted
High - just brought a sick new camera, the miss a car and have some left over for to order a board, ....ahh consumerism highs.

Low - well...Im at work
07.10.2014 - 07:18
ANGEL REAPER

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.10.2014 at 21:17

Low:I have 12 hours to fix my second draft of diploma thesis if i am to graduate in a week.An night without sleep is ahead!

so 11 hours later the 3rd draft of text has been done....
----
07.10.2014 - 18:54
Deadgirl

Low: I'm sick, and I'm obligated to stay at the university today until at least 7pm for club responsibilities and stuff. Also, teaching can get very frustrating.

High: At least I have no syntax homework this week.

Low: But that's because I have an unnecessarily complicated syntax midterm instead. :\
----
07.10.2014 - 20:23
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Well, a bird shat on me the other day...
07.10.2014 - 23:33
ANGEL REAPER

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.10.2014 at 07:18

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.10.2014 at 21:17

so 11 hours later the 3rd draft of text has been done....

...so 12 hours later i was instructed to make the 4th draft of text.The lack of sleep is prevailing ,i started quoting myself too often....
----
08.10.2014 - 05:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Low: I woke up early to go to the internet service store to get my defective modem replaced and it turned out they open just after 10, so I had to wait for like... 40 minutes. And when I finally got to talk to an attendant, it turns out there were no modem available so I had to come back in the afternoon.
In the afternoon I got the modem but they didn't give me the cable, and I had to go out just to find somewhere where they sell those friggin weird cables tha can't be found anywhere. So I endep up going here and there all day and didn't do anything productive

High: I got internet \o/
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.10.2014 - 18:42
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I just woke up, so I'll write about yesterday.

low: At work, the human resources woman (Candise) called me into her office. It was based on something I said about her the day before which got back to her. It was actually a total misunderstanding, it was mistaken for sexual harassment. It was not, her and I got along great until yesterday. At the beginning she said she was going to the boss about it, hopefully after I told my side of the story, she came to her senses and didn't (the boss didn't call me in, so hopefully she didn't take it any further). But I told the details of the story to other coworkers and they all agree that she totally took it out of context and needs to chill the fuck out. I'm actually really mad and resentful towards her right now.

At the end of the day, around knock off time, me and one of the warehouse managers almost got into a heated argument (my supervisor is on vacation, so I took his place for the week as 'acting supervisor'), it could have ended up ugly, but at the end he shook my hand, oddly lol. The stress was totally not needed.

On the way home, I agreed to meet a friend who was going to sell me some weed, he wasn't able to, we'll have to deal with that today.

So in the evening, I went on a beach to smoke a joint ( still have a little bit left), then I went to a bar to try and forget about all the bullshit what took place that day. Candise was in that fucking bar!! I'm trying to forget the stress which she caused me and she was right fucking there. She gave me a grand hail as if nothing happened. I got a few drinks and got the hell out of there.

high: there wasn't much of the high, other than smoking the joint on the beach I guess.
18.10.2014 - 18:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 18.10.2014 at 18:42

Candise was in that fucking bar!!

Talk about bad luck xD
----
- Reimu Hakurei
04.12.2014 - 00:07
FOOCK Nam

High only: I just got failed approved for the position Tester Non IT to a job.. Well, I think I answer very well, or at least not bad in the interview, well it's just entry level position but I don't get hired,.. I have invested time and work on this chance, predict what they ask, what they could think of my profile etc.., my manner etc..all gone waste due to they don't recruit, though good thing is that I look big and muscle than average nam ppl, when I walk they notice me. Yes I did invested time workout for the interview.. Probably I will get better life or job if I'm in USA..haha hail the west.
12.12.2014 - 18:13
FOOCK Nam

High only: very good day, it's 10-13 degrees C, I feel cool with weather and temperature in blanket with watching Dexter las episode. Awesome very good day and feel.. Recently the star makes life good enjoy life yea!
02.01.2015 - 23:45
Mercyful_Kate

High: Woke up at 1pm after working a shit ton of hours last week and making a good amount of cash (bartending for holidays). Took the most glorious shower of my life (hadn't had one for two days because of New Year shenanigans and work). I'm having a fucking fantastic hair day. Walked to the market for food. Bought a turkey and cheddar sandwich with cranberry mayo for lunch, and feta, mixed greens, grape tomatoes and fresh baked asiago bread for my dinner salad. Threw in some chocolate chip cookies because I fucking deserve it. Right now, I'm lounging on my couch with my slippers and a fresh cup of coffee. My cat is curled up next to me. I'm gonna finish my book tonight (A Clash of Kings) and watch the Sabres game. This is the most goddamned relaxing and incredible day I've had since November. I have seriously worked close to 70 hours ever week for the past month and a half. I love today so much.

Low: The Sabres will probably lose tonight.
01.02.2015 - 09:09
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
High: Sharks made the final of the Auckland Nines.
Low: They lost in extra time.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
01.02.2015 - 09:23
no one
Account deleted
High - i got high and fell asleep

low - i woke up confused, angry and hungry
25.03.2015 - 09:03
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 25.03.2015 at 05:54

High - it's Wednesday. Thank fucking Christ.

Wednesday? who will you be thanking when it's friday
29.12.2015 - 20:04
nightwica

High: Bought not one but two pairs of cool boots^^
Low: Had a fight with my boyfriend
High: We are in peace now
Low: Time to start revising.
29.12.2015 - 20:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nightwica on 29.12.2015 at 20:04

High: Bought not one but two pairs of cool boots^^
Low: Had a fight with my boyfriend
High: We are in peace now
Low: Time to start revising.

I hope you gonna stay and get a lot of posts and bring forum back alive
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2016 - 16:00
ANGEL REAPER

High: im not working today and have all of the flat for myself today

Low: im having a ton of work left for on of my exams....
----
04.03.2016 - 01:34
FOOCK Nam

High: sleep all day.. Wake up still sleep..

Low: long time no workout.. Im cutting all muscle off for going back building muscle more better look shape.. Its not reallly low but i feel im small if not workout.
04.03.2016 - 05:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
High - left the job last evening. Came out of GM's cabin fired out and splashed 3 bottles of water on the wall in anger. Went to my cabin, picked up my bag and walk out of my office.

Low - They were quite good chaps to work out with. Will miss their inputs.
05.03.2016 - 00:33
FOOCK Nam

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.03.2016 at 05:53

High - left the job last evening. Came out of GM's cabin fired out and splashed 3 bottles of water on the wall in anger. Went to my cabin, picked up my bag and walk out of my office.

Ive met some Indians in my city, her name is Poornima Krisnan, the guy is Manibu..
07.03.2016 - 17:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by FOOCK Nam on 05.03.2016 at 00:33

Ive met some Indians in my city, her name is Poornima Krisnan, the guy is Manibu..

Working in India doesn't mean that I know every damn Indian around the world.
08.03.2016 - 00:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Pretty harsh response for such a casual statement

This reminds of the time I met a guy from El Salvador when I was in Atlanta, and for small talk sake I said "I know a guy from El Salvador, he works in my department, in my country" and then the guy replied: "really, who?" and then I answered... And it turns out he actually knew the guy o.o
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.03.2016 - 23:28
FOOCK Nam

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 07.03.2016 at 17:49

Written by FOOCK Nam on 05.03.2016 at 00:33

Working in India doesn't mean that I know every damn Indian around the world.

Yea i see, just tell you some Indian name, i guess India have not much business with vietnam,we are two distant countries so if you would surprise some Hindi in nam.. Anyway they come to nam for their job is teaching english hahahaha, i ask the girl and other Indian guys if they know or heard about Indian astrology, they do know of it but the girl does not follow the astrology teaching.. The girl is not robust like some Indian aunty ive seen in inet,...