Metal Storm logo
Sodom

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 18.05.2006 - 17:44
Another one of my favourite thrash bands of all time... I prefer the older albums... Preferably those from the 80's... Such as Agent Orange and Persecution Mania... However, they have continued releasing brilliant albums ever since... 'M-16' and 'Sodom'. Its such a shame that they dont get invites to the larger metal festival as other thrash bands do...

I personally believe Sodom dont get the recognition they deserve... I feel they deserve to be placed right up there with bands such as Kreator and Arch Enemy...

What does everyone else think?
11.10.2008 - 23:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
M-16 is one of my favorite thrash albums. and in my opinion, theyre WAY fucking better than Arch Enemy.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.10.2008 - 19:06
Branzig
Written by LeChron James on 11.10.2008 at 23:26

M-16 is one of my favorite thrash albums. and in my opinion, theyre WAY fucking better than Arch Enemy.

un-comparable, Sodom rapes Arch Enemy. On every level.
----
In Grind We Crust
13.10.2008 - 00:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Branzig on 12.10.2008 at 19:06

Written by LeChron James on 11.10.2008 at 23:26

un-comparable, Sodom rapes Arch Enemy. On every level.

yeah wtf how can you even compare them?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.10.2008 - 01:44
VPeter
What has Arch Enemy to do with Sodom?
13.10.2008 - 02:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know, but Sodom is WAY fucking better than Norther xD
17.11.2008 - 06:51
mortjoyeux
Lolwat..you can't really compare thrash metal with melodic death...even though sodom wins hands down.

better off dead was an A+++ album too ,but then again all of sodom's albums are good.
I just got mah sodom patch finally from my friend as well, it's on my denim now and looks too good.
15.03.2009 - 20:27
WITCHCLAN
OutBreak of Evil and Expursion Of Sodomy were best, and also In the Sign Of Sodom and Persecution Mania. I feel Sodom were one of the first Black Metal bands, all you have to do is listen to In The Sign.. and you can hear that. Hugely influential in both Black and Thrash Metal genres and hugely underrated - Sodom are right up there with Kreator and Bathory as far as influencing a whole scene goes.
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
16.03.2011 - 00:38
Sodom's got to be my favorite thrash band out there. They've put out, pretty consistently, ass-kicking albums one after another. My favorites are probably Agent Orange or M-16, but I agree: it's a damn shame that they barely get to play stages like Wacken (Only 3 times), or Dynamo. I had to miss them at last year's Maryland Death Fest, and I doubt I'll ever forgive myself for it.
----
Love The Bomb
18.03.2011 - 19:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by King_of_the_Kill on 16.03.2011 at 00:38

Sodom's got to be my favorite thrash band out there. They've put out, pretty consistently, ass-kicking albums one after another. My favorites are probably Agent Orange or M-16, but I agree: it's a damn shame that they barely get to play stages like Wacken (Only 3 times), or Dynamo. I had to miss them at last year's Maryland Death Fest, and I doubt I'll ever forgive myself for it.

You make it sound like Wacken is some prestigious hall of fame or something that they couldn't get into. Take a look at the line-ups each year, Sodom are bigger than at least half of whats on the bill.

I don't think they miss out on stages like Wacken because of lack of notoriety or anything...I mean, scheduling conflicts are probably the main reason they haven't. Playing festivals doesn't earn bands a lot of money, so it's kind of illogical for most bands to re-route a tour so they can play something like Wacken.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.03.2011 - 05:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Doc G. on 18.03.2011 at 19:55
You make it sound like Wacken is some prestigious hall of fame or something that they couldn't get into. Take a look at the line-ups each year, Sodom are bigger than at least half of whats on the bill.

I don't think they miss out on stages like Wacken because of lack of notoriety or anything...I mean, scheduling conflicts are probably the main reason they haven't. Playing festivals doesn't earn bands a lot of money, so it's kind of illogical for most bands to re-route a tour so they can play something like Wacken.

I think you are right about that... there is video footage of one of Sodom's Wacken appearances, when they are playing at night time. Which suggests that they were high up on the bill. In Germany at least, Sodom are pretty big, and have a sizeable following. xD