Metal Storm logo
The Dillinger Escape Plan

Original post

Posted by Twilight, 18.05.2006 - 18:04
I was missing a topic about these guys.

The Dillinger Escape Plan, not really a band to easily put a genre on.
Their music is so hyper-active, yet extremely technical. Ben Weinman, on of the guitarists, is a genius and he can play guitar in such a brilliant way.
Someone once said that he actually plays Free Jazz, but in an extremely fast and hyper-active way.

Some people think this band is pure noise, but I can find the greatness in this music. It's very interesting.

Has anyone seen them live already? Unfortunately I didn't. I heard they're awesome live.
23.08.2006 - 15:24
Slasktotten
Account deleted
well, i know as musch as it is Mike patton on vocals, but hey, i love him. i've listened to some of the other stuff to, and it's great. what are the favorit songs among fans?
27.08.2006 - 02:33
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Personally...my favorite song is the Mullet Burden and i really dig the Cover of "Come to Daddy" on The Mike Patton DEP album
27.08.2006 - 08:16
helofloki
Account deleted
Fantastic band. They've really progressed over the years. They deffinitely keep it interesting, and I like that.
29.08.2006 - 17:25
ASiema113

Sour Coated Sour is fucking awesome and as far as there new stuff goes Panasonic Youth is pretty grim just no more songs like Unretrofied gotta get rid of that shit. No offense to anyone who does enjoy the song but IMHO it sucks.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
04.10.2006 - 14:16
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Yeah, from their new album I prefer songs like Panasonic Youth, Sunshine The Werewolf, Baby's First Coffin and The Perfect Design!
08.10.2006 - 19:24
DyNo!!
Account deleted
i challenge everyone to find another band so extreme, innovated, technical, fresh, brilliant, as THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN are... the DEP are unique... for me they are the sound of the future...
12.10.2006 - 22:20
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
^ newer converge beats DEP on all those factors.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
14.10.2006 - 15:20
DyNo!!
Account deleted
i don't think so...
16.10.2006 - 01:59
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
umm i do think soo kiddo....Converge is one of the Most Organic,Unique,Sincere Bands to come out of The Punk/Metal Scene in years...And You Fail me and No Heroes Proves that...while as of late DEP Does Cheesy Justin Timberlake covers and has petty cat fights on Myspace with That Poor Man's Motley Crue (Avenged Sevenfold)...dont get me wrong Dillinger has Put out some solid shit but they dont hold a candle to Converge when it comes to Creativity....
16.10.2006 - 02:02
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
and for the Record DEP isnt THAT unique....Botch and Coalesce were doing the same thing back in the mid/ late 90's...only 10 times better
23.03.2007 - 18:18
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
I don't agree with that. Botch and Coalesce are more similar to Converge than they are to Dillinger Escape Plan.
I've been listening a lot to Converge the past few months and also listened to some Botch and Coalesce.
I don't know about you but to me Dillinger Escape Plan sounds so much different than the other three bands.

And when it comes to the guitars Dillinger Escape Plan -is- a lot more creative than Converge. I'm not saying Converge isn't, mind you.
Listen to Converge's No Heroes and then listen to Dillinger Escape Plan's The Perfect Design, thne you'll know what I mean. I hope.

I also think that that latest single of them is shit but I don't think they'll continue in that way with their next album (I've seen a demo video of new material). And like 'petty cat fights on Myspace' says something about uniqueness and creativity of a band.
28.06.2007 - 00:00
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
The Dillinger Escape Plan has posted a new webisode documenting the making of its new album titled "Ire Works". You can watch this webisode at YouTube here.
06.07.2007 - 11:33
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Could someone explain me what is Mathcore? Because I was speaking about DEP on another forum and a guy told me I was completely mistaken, DEP isn't metalcore but mathcore... Why not? But what does it mean? I've read on the first page that some of you were arguing about this label, but noone said what mathcore was...

EDIT: I really enjoy their music btw
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
06.07.2007 - 12:07
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Sekhmet on 06.07.2007 at 11:33

Could someone explain me what is Mathcore? Because I was speaking about DEP on another forum and a guy told me I was completely mistaken, DEP isn't metalcore but mathcore... Why not? But what does it mean? I've read on the first page that some of you were arguing about this label, but noone said what mathcore was...

I don't know if this can help you but I post it.

And for all:
The Dillinger Escape Plan has posted a number of video teasers leading up to their time in the studio. To find these videos click here. Enjoy.
10.07.2007 - 16:16
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Written by White Winter Sun on 06.07.2007 at 12:07

Written by Sekhmet on 06.07.2007 at 11:33

I don't know if this can help you but I post it.

And for all:
The Dillinger Escape Plan has posted a number of video teasers leading up to their time in the studio. To find these videos click here. Enjoy.

Thank you It is still rather confusing to me, I'm on my way to understanding
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
11.07.2007 - 02:38
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
To me, mathcore is still a bit of a silly made up term, I still call DEP hardcore most of the time, because that's a term which is more often used so people know what I'm talking about.
05.08.2007 - 16:07
Kideias
Account deleted
The godrummer has left TDEP but they have now a better???????????? drummer now.And i ask all of you that dig tdep..Is this possible???:noidea: Although the guys from tdep say that the new drummer is much better than the previous one and it's the best line up they have so far.Hope they will prove me wrong
06.08.2007 - 01:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
They always say that.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.08.2007 - 16:59
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Yeah it's a shame Chris Pennie left, and he's now in Coheed & Cambria. What the hell? I mean, he's free to go wherever he wants, but I doubt he'll have the freedom for his creativity in a band like that. Ah well, I'm sure they selected a drummer that's able to keep up with all the drum rhythms created by Pennie.
29.08.2007 - 00:16
Endoftherainbow

The new drummer is so much better his playing style is so much more diverse he's played in raggae bands for fuck sakes and someone told me he played in plus44 and to go from that shit to Dillinger Escape Plan to me says a lot about him. I bet his drumming on the new album will probably be better then anything Pennie did. However Pennie was an amazing drummer and it's a shame that he left to join Coheed and Cambria because he won't be able to do half the things he could in Dillinger because there will be much more restraints.
02.09.2007 - 22:30
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Better than Chris Pennie? Chris played in a jazz band, and that guy in a reggae band. So I really wouldn't be able to say if his style would be much more diverse.
I agree with the last part though.
Can't wait to hear the guy play some of their songs.
18.10.2007 - 12:24
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
'Lurch', another new track from upcoming album, "Ire Works", can be listened at this location.
18.10.2007 - 14:02
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Has the new album leaked yet? I'll buy it when it comes out but I want it now.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
25.10.2007 - 00:11
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by -tom- on 18.10.2007 at 14:02

Has the new album leaked yet? I'll buy it when it comes out but I want it now.

Yes, i think that the album has already leaked.
25.10.2007 - 00:52
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
nope hasnt leaked yet. the "leak" is fake.
25.10.2007 - 18:09
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Might as well wait for it to come out now. Comes out here on 5th November.

they play live near me on that night but I have an exam from 6-9 that night and won't be able to make it. Stupid time for an exam.
----

Read Watchmen.
27.10.2007 - 00:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Video footage of The Dillinger Escape Plan rehearsing a new track, entitled "Nong Eye Gong", can be viewed at this location.
12.11.2007 - 17:23
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
The Dillinger Escape Plan members were interviewed to discuss about the release of "Ire Works" on Relapse Records. The interview with Gil, Ben and Liam includes a discussion about the recording process, illegal downloading and the addition of Gil to the band. You can watch the interview at this location.
12.11.2007 - 21:24
Draft
Account deleted
This is a band that I have to be in the mood for but they are pretty good. They arnt like many bands in the mainstream who pump out albums as fast as possible and weather you like them or not its easy to see the work that goes into their music.

Their music is an acquired taste but they offer something new every time you listen.

''Pig Latin'' was the first song I heard by them and its probably my faovrite so far... Very different from most bands in their genre.

Ive also heard that they are great performers live.
01.12.2007 - 14:40
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
--Interview--

The "Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde" show on 106FM Jerusalem radio recently aired a two-hour The Dillinger Escape Plan special featuring interviews with Greg Puciato, Ben Weinman and Liam Wilson. You can download the program at this location.