Metal Storm logo
20 Bands I Couldn't Live Without

Over the last four or so years I've been listening to metal I've come across and enjoyed the music of well over 200 bands. From heavy to melodeth I have listened to many truly excellent bands. However, one begins to think of what bands he would possibly pick if he had to choose ten or in this case twenty favourites out of his entire musical collection to enjoy for his remaining days. This list is 20 metal bands I would cherish above all others, ones that I couldn't live without. This is just one young metal head's opinion and if you have so idiotic or dumbass comment leave that shit at home and enjoy

Created by: Vikingr | 03.07.2011

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Vikingr ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 9   Visited by: 21 users
22.03.2012 - 02:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I could live without 10 of these bands
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.03.2012 - 02:42
Vikingr

Yeah, my tastes have changed a little since I wrote this, I'd change a few myself
22.03.2012 - 03:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.03.2012 at 02:27

So what, who cares? I could state the number of bands I could live without from this list and I don't do it.

Are you trying to prove a point and score scene credentials?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.04.2012 - 06:34
Vikingr

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.03.2012 at 03:27

So what, who cares? I could state the number of bands I could live without from this list and I don't do it.

Thanks for the feedback fellas;) And thanks for the backup:P
18.04.2012 - 06:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
So much melody.

I kind of started out like that too. I'm not saying you're going to ditch this style and move on to more extreme metal, but for the most part I think the majority of metalheads began their journey with more melodic and accessible forms of metal before either continuing with that trend or adopting a new one (by venturing into extreme metal or just leaving metal behind altogether).

Pretty typical list without any real surprises, although I would have expected In Flames and/or Dark Tranquillity.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.04.2012 - 00:09
Vikingr

Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.04.2012 at 06:53

So much melody.

I kind of started out like that too. I'm not saying you're going to ditch this style and move on to more extreme metal, but for the most part I think the majority of metalheads began their journey with more melodic and accessible forms of metal before either continuing with that trend or adopting a new one (by venturing into extreme metal or just leaving metal behind altogether).

Pretty typical list without any real surprises, although I would have expected In Flames and/or Dark Tranquillity.

I have to agree with you, I made this list about a year ago and since then I've been getting more into pure death and brutal death along with some black metal and recently blackened stoner metal:) Not that I don't enjoy melodeth because I do, but alot of it just starts to blend together after a while and it's hard to find anything that stands out.
19.04.2012 - 01:55
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Listening to 4 years? get some time in the craft!

27+ years and goin strong...
----
rekt
19.04.2012 - 03:20
Vikingr

No fair, you've got like 20 years on me xD Give me another 20 and then we'll compare:)
19.04.2012 - 03:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.03.2012 at 03:27

Woah, why so hostile?

I was just making a crack at how our tastes are different, how is that in anyway trying to score "scene credentials"?

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 1443 | This month: 3