Metal Storm logo
Military Jackets

29.03.2012 - 06:40
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Anyone know any good sites to get cool military/pirate/Baroque jackets like the ones Carach Angren are often seen in

Example:

Also im looking for some nice boots that would go well with a jacket like this.
I went to a military surplus store and found some cool long wwII Coats but they only had em in Army Green, trying to find one in black..

any suggestions on where to find this stuff?
----
pewpew.. gotcha
29.03.2012 - 06:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I hear eBay has some stuff you can buy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.03.2012 - 14:43
Branzig

It's alllll about thrift stores!

And Army Surplus stores have a lot of awesome combat boots. Not only are they mostly from the 70s (so they're cool Vietnam era and don't look dumb like "fashion" metal boots) but theyre really effective for when the Zombie Apocalypse breaks out.
----
In Grind We Crust
29.03.2012 - 14:49
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Looks like they are wearing pea coats in the album cover photo. A lot of places sell pea coat-style jackets. Check online retailers. They can be quite expensive new though, so looked for used ones or deals on new ones since the cold season is ending.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Mens-Clothing-/1059/i.html?_nkw=pea+coat
29.03.2012 - 23:32
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Cool thanks guys, i just talked with Carach Angren over FB(fuckn cool they msged back) they said

"We got them here and there and everywhere;)
Customized them ourselves."

So i guess i should just take this advise and just dye one of the military jackets and customize it myself. I'll check thrift stores n shit and look into those peacoats too, thanks for all the advise!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
29.03.2012 - 23:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Most metal musicians customize their own shit. I know the guys from Goatwhore made their own arm straps and shit before selling them. And the guys from Bestial Mockery fashion their own ammo belts and get gas masks from old thrift stores.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.03.2012 - 21:31
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.03.2012 at 23:33

Most metal musicians customize their own shit. I know the guys from Goatwhore made their own arm straps and shit before selling them. And the guys from Bestial Mockery fashion their own ammo belts and get gas masks from old thrift stores.

Yea thats pretty cool i guess i shoulda figured that. Some bands even have their own designers, like Turisas and Behemoth i think as well.
I have a few customized things and some hidden gems from thrift stores and i do enjoy a bit of fashion but i just fucking HATE shopping and i tend to be a minimalist and a perfectionist so it takes me forever to get new shit.

Ill prolly get this one this summer tho, when ill be doing more photoshoots.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
31.03.2012 - 04:19
Branzig

Pretty much all of my clothes are either thrift store bought, created, or bought online.

All of my denim vests for instance, I bought the denim jackets at thrift stores, all the band patches online or from friends, and I just sewed them all on myself.

I bought my bullet belts though, I'm too dumb to make one of those by myself lol.
----
In Grind We Crust
31.03.2012 - 06:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Now I really want one of these.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.03.2012 - 06:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.03.2012 - 06:38
Branzig

I prefer Vietnam era shit, it just looks cool. Especially with a gas mask! Bullet belts, gas masks, combat boots, camo fatigues, HELL YEAH!

But black jackets and gas masks can look pretty bad ass too (mainly German styled WWII jackets and trench coats)...Of course if you wear this style and play war/black metal, you will automatically be grouped in with NSBM....
----
In Grind We Crust
08.04.2012 - 10:10
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
----
pewpew.. gotcha