Metal Storm logo
Ulver - To Release Roadburn 7" EP

To commemorate Ulver's special performance at Roadburn 2012, Roadburn Records is releasing the band's new EP entitled Roadburn EP on Thursday, April 12th, in tandem with the festival. This 7" vinyl EP will be limited to 500 copies.

Ulver's Roadburn EP includes "I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)", a cover of The Electric Prunes, originally recorded in 1967. Some of you might have heard Ulver's hypnotic version before, as it was presented to an audience for the first time in 2009 via MySpace stream.

The B-side sees Ulver covering 13th Floor Elevators' classic track "Reverberation (Doubt)", written by Tommy Hall, Stacy Sutherland and Roky Erikson in 1966. Ulver's take features special guests including Virus' Czral on bass.

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Ulver
Posted: 31.03.2012 by Array

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 54 users
31.03.2012 - 13:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I will never understand why bands go to such lengths to announce very limited edition vinyls and stuff. some of them (not the case here, obviously) won't even get all copies sold. I know it's a marketing thing, but I wouldn't expect stuff like this from (mostly) non-mainstream bands who supposedly aren't about the money.
31.03.2012 - 13:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 31.03.2012 at 13:23

I will never understand why bands go to such lengths to announce very limited edition vinyls and stuff. some of them (not the case here, obviously) won't even get all copies sold. I know it's a marketing thing, but I wouldn't expect stuff like this from (mostly) non-mainstream bands who supposedly aren't about the money.

They hardly make any money on selling all 500 copies. With a 7" you're even glad if you break even.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.04.2012 - 01:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
SO KVLT
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.04.2012 - 09:58
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Written by Valentin B on 31.03.2012 at 13:23

It's not about the money you make, it's about the music you're delivering. Actually I think it's great for them to announce the release of an EP.

Hits total: 3578 | This month: 4